1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm surprised its $20 cheaper than the 501st, has the same accessories besides the 3rd helmet and jetpack.

They will sell a boatload of these guys.

I expected it to be $230, in line with the ROTJ Scout. They could’ve cheaper out and not included the Phase 2 helmet and still sold it for that, honestly, but I’m glad for our sake they didn’t.

The 501st Deluxe is still the better deal, and probably the best package deal we’ll ever have price wise.

But this set is pretty solid overall and I’m excited to finally see some plain Clones again.

Damn I had been toying with the idea of sticking to OT Troopers only and selling Rex and 501st... I'd been toying with the idea of keeping the 501st and expanding into a "Troopers through the trilogies" picking and choosing but seeing this clean white CT is tempting me.

Only problem is really it would logically be the white Phase 1 and 501st Phase 2 to represent the PT, then a Shoretrooper, Scout Trooper and OG Stormtropper for the OT. The problem being that just like the 501st I massively prefer the look of the Phase 2 helmet!

First world problem if you ever had one of which head to put on your trooper doll haha!

I’ll probably get a Shiny. The Clone Pilot is probably a pass. I’ve been tempted by duplicates of some Troopers, but so far I’ve stuck to one 501st and am just getting my one Coruscant Guard today. I’d like more, but there are other figures I want and I can only get so many.

I don’t need to buy more than one clone trooper, I don’t need to buy more than one clone trooper, I don’t need to buy more than one clone trooper….
1651684013843.png

This looks really good but after having had and sold nearly all the Sideshow Clones, I haven't bought any new HT clones. Just can't seem to muster it up to actually buy one even though they tend to look so good.

Going for two of these. Gonna need a Phase 1 and 2 on the shelf.

Also, the mouth and other details missing is disappointing, but keep in mind these are not final production photos and things can change a LOT (an example being TROS Rey).

Honestly, I prefer non shiny version since the armors lost their shine after Geonosis. This way, it also covers TCW era. But it's the helmet size which kills the figure.

I wouldn't expect any Clone to have super shiny armour anyway, as soon as they do any kind of exercise or training simulation wearing armour they are going to get scuffs and marks on it... I wouldn't have expected every Clone to have deployed looking 100% factory fresh.

Back