1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you feel like US stores won’t support US customers? There are numerous reliable authorized retailers that I’ve had nothing but amazing experiences with.
I’m being partially facetious here. I know that once SS closes orders, they do it for all those they are distributing to as well. Just saying in this instance, they have done the fan base kinda dirty by closing all these orders before the new year without warning. The other US companies just get bound up into their BS. You literally don’t have a choice if you want to secure now vs waiting for release.

I’m being partially facetious here. I know that once SS closes orders, they do it for all those they are distributing to as well. Just saying in this instance, they have done the fan base kinda dirty by closing all these orders before the new year without warning. The other US companies just get bound up into their BS. You literally don’t have a choice if you want to secure now vs waiting for release.

Sideshow’s authorized retailers get a set number of figure allocations which they know by the time they’re allowed to put them up for preorder. And it’s usually not that many.

Sideshow putting these on waitlist has no bearing on authorized retailers’ ability to take orders. It just looks that way because everyone went and panic ordered when they hit waitlist. Sideshow’s own inventory and what they have for their distributors are completely separate.

Some authorized retailers have long been pre-sold out of these figures anyway.

It’s generally been the case for a while where if you want to order from an authorized retailer of your choice, you need to do it as soon as possible. Especially with the more popular ones. Unfortunately this all means going back to doing that for must have figures.

But I do agree that what they’ve done this round is a complete disservice to US collectors. It’s just caused all sorts of needless panic and headache. As the main US distributor, there is no reason for these to be pre-sold out this far out.

Don’t most of the websites get their stock pretty much right when figures are announced or shortly afterwards? I think once sites like Alter Ego, BBTS, Collectorzown, Timewalker sell through their stock that’s it.

There might be some exceptions (I know Marcos from Collectorzown has occasionally posted about being allocated extra of certain figures but it’s not a guaranteed thing for each release).

So in that case if all those places have sold through their stock Sideshow is pretty much your best chance with if you really want a certain figure (if you want to purchase from the US versus overseas).

My understanding is that they have a set allotment, but also have the option to take X amount if they request. Therefore, once the WL happens at SS, it basically cascades down. Not their fault, but they get locked out like all of us.

My understanding is that they have a set allotment, but also have the option to take X amount if they request. Therefore, once the WL happens at SS, it basically cascades down. Not their fault, but they get locked out like all of us.

It seems it’s been very unlikely for a while now that Sideshow would give retailers more upon request.

Only time I’ve seen an authorized retailer get more after the fact was with very slow selling figures that Sideshow probably wanted to offload.

But regardless, yes the situation is weird and unfortunate because Sideshow has spent the last few years really making things more difficult for authorized retailers in an attempt to get more people to buy from them directly.

And now they’re seemingly limiting their own inventory.

That seems really counterproductive. Where does that leave collectors? Buying from other countries and Hong Kong. And for some, straight back into the waiting arms of resellers instead of authorized retailers. Which is exactly what Sideshow has been fighting for the last few years.

It seems it’s been very unlikely for a while now that Sideshow would give retailers more upon request.

Only time I’ve seen an authorized retailer get more after the fact was with very slow selling figures that Sideshow probably wanted to offload.

But regardless, yes the situation is weird and unfortunate because Sideshow has spent the last few years really making things more difficult for authorized retailers in an attempt to get more people to buy from them directly.

And now they’re seemingly limiting their own inventory.

That seems really counterproductive. Where does that leave collectors? Buying from other countries and Hong Kong. And for some, straight back into the waiting arms of resellers instead of authorized retailers. Which is exactly what Sideshow has been fighting for the last few years.
how many shiny you're planning to purchase?

I personally would like to pick up 2. I didnt think it was a priority since I thought army builders hung around for a little while. Live and learn I guess.

I personally would like to pick up 2. I didnt think it was a priority since I thought army builders hung around for a little while. Live and learn I guess.

They'll be back and in greater numbers.

Don't let Sideshow's scummy business tactics scare you.

how many shiny you're planning to purchase?

I’ve had a base number on order since the announcement but haven’t finalized a total.

Fewer than the 501st, but would like enough to be able to display a good number as both Phase 1 and Phase 2.

It may seem that way in recent years, but the current batch of figures hanging around has more to do with an oversaturation and overproduction than them being army builders.

There’s more historical precedent for troopers from years ago not sitting around super long.

I’ve had a base number on order since the announcement but haven’t finalized a total.

Fewer than the 501st, but would like enough to be able to display a good number as both Phase 1 and Phase 2.

It may seem that way in recent years, but the current batch of figures hanging around has more to do with an oversaturation and overproduction than them being army builders.

There’s more historical precedent for troopers from years ago not sitting around super long.
for me, the ballpark number is ranging from 8-10.

for me, the ballpark number is ranging from 8-10.

It’s a good range. They look really good with like 4 on each side of a character, or in rows of 5 on their own.

Although your display is a bit more chaotic energy but they look good that way in numbers as well.

Clone squads are supposed to be 9 troopers as well so it works on an in-universe level.

Wait list is full at Sideshow.

CC32B647-0939-4367-8B34-9FD671A77403.gif

Myenshi, thank you for the insight. I admittedly have not been collecting all that long so im still learning the trends/patterns. Your info is helpful. Thanks!

No worries.

I think we’re moving back to how things were between TFA and The Mandalorian.

Moving forward, I would place preorders for must have figures with good authorized retailers early on just to be safe for now.

I do think a lot of these figures will be available at release, though not for very long.

But I also don’t think it’s worth stressing out availability over a year or two if a particular figure is a must have for anyone.

They'll be back and in greater numbers.

Don't let Sideshow's scummy business tactics scare you.

This is all so weird weird. They've made some short term gains by locking in preorders from some people, but this also drives sales away long term.

I've been a fan of Popcultcha for a long time but have never preordered from them. I just put in my first despite the steep deposit. Between what I'm getting from them and another retailer, I don't need to get any of these directly from Sideshow anymore.

This is all so weird weird. They've made some short term gains by locking in preorders from some people, but this also drives sales away long term.

I've been a fan of Popcultcha for a long time but have never preordered from them. I just put in my first despite the steep deposit. Between what I'm getting from them and another retailer, I don't need to get any of these directly from Sideshow anymore.

It is gross and scummy imo. We've been in the game long enough to know that a situation like the Heavy Mando happens rarely, that no way all of these AoTC figures are going to waitlisted and not available for In-Stock purchases when they come out. However, I totally understand that new collectors would flip out seeing 5 or 6 of these figures jump on waitlist out of nowhere.

Especially the Clone, Clone Pilot and B1 Geonosis Droid, those are figures you want in-stock because people will continuously buy them and buy multiples.

If these figures aren't in-stock when they're released, I'll eat my shoe. I'll also be a bit pissed before I want 5 or 6 of these shiny clones and I only preordered 2.
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

It is gross and scummy imo. We've been in the game long enough to know that a situation like the Heavy Mando happens rarely, that no way all of these AoTC figures are going to waitlisted and not available for In-Stock purchases when they come out. However, I totally understand that new collectors would flip out seeing 5 or 6 of these figures jump on waitlist out of nowhere.

Especially the Clone, Clone Pilot and B1 Geonosis Droid, those are figures you want in-stock because people will continuously buy them and buy multiples.

If these figures aren't in-stock when they're released, I'll eat my shoe. I'll also be a bit pissed before I want 5 or 6 of these shiny clones and I only preordered 2.
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Agreed. Well, I guess if they don’t come back, you’re eating a shoe and I’m eating a shipper box.

Though it is hard to say what exactly is going on, I can’t imagine they’d kill their sales by going to a pre-sell out model entirely.

It’s honestly just made me reconsider getting some figures as well, like C-3PO and the Geonosis BDs since I’d rather have the tan ones anyway.

Hopefully you’ll be able to get your 6. I’m sure it’ll be fine ultimately. Non US sellers will likely have them if Sideshow doesn’t.

Which is just entirely counterproductive, you would think.

agreed with everything @SOU7567 has said, these early "waitlisted incidents" just another usual shenanigans from SideShow to instigate fear and panic, especially to new inexperienced collectors. Or, from the different perspective, it could be perceived as the tactic to actually gauge the interest/demand from people towards the AOTC line up, to determine the realistic figures of stocks.
This scene sums up perfectly this current chaotic situation.
6943c649c34393a79d712d9f0ca58c18.jpg

I take my eye away from Star Wars for two weeks for one little line (EXO-6 Kirk and Spock) and the AOTC pre-order loses its mind!

I think it will come back for pre-order. Hope it comes back. It better come back, lol.

Have not seen anything like this in years, suppose the dried-up preorders and short order cycle as others are saying are the result of the mothball HT BOGO extravaganza and has certainly spooked the resellers and Sideshow. I have double digit aspirations to acquire so this stressing the troopa king.

AAAABZP2e5Qjnlyjujh8lC1HMrPNoSmrgt87hBQBrEgQ8dh3caYf2VAvjBs5c6RXMJ0GhfEaj8XDf4zTltHmVvZmQaPVprIM.jpg

Back