1/6 Hot Toys - MMS597D39 - Avengers: Infinity War- Neon Tech Mark 50 (Toy Fair 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually dig this more than the regular Mark 50. The color scheme reminds me of the suit he's wearing before he suits up in Infinity War.

avengers-infinity-war-tony-stark-jacket.jpg
Took me a minute to figure out the reference but honestly kind of cool.

Makes you wonder why they haven't made that version of Tony yet.
After they tackled suit-up Mark V Tony, I could see them doing a figure down the road of Infinity War Tony with the nanotech half-formed or damaged. There are some great customs out there of just that and Hot Toys has clearly been paying attention to the cool stuff collectors have been doing.

Okay, this looks pretty damn nice. It'll be my second Iron Man after Mk85. Where can we get it from?

This really does look nice. I think it is the best Neon Tech suit Hot Toys has produced so far. If I could not purchase the Armorer (Mandolorian), then I would get this, but budget, budget....damn it!

Their must be a very specific niche of collectors that Hot Toys is catering to with these neon repaints.

Gotta be people who are either really rich, really bad with money, or both, plus they like ugly designs that don't appear in the movies.

Their must be a very specific niche of collectors that Hot Toys is catering to with these neon repaints.

Gotta be people who are either really rich, really bad with money, or both, plus they like ugly designs that don't appear in the movies.
I too am one of these chaps with odd choice lol

Hmm good catch. I might have to display it next to my custom tony with this outfit. I like what they did with this armor.
Yeah, I had no interest in any of these Neon Tech armors, but I too have a custom Tony in that suit and It'd look really cool staggered in front of this armor. Thanks for the additional $400 spend people! :)

The formula for these Toyfair exclusive line-ups seems to have devolved simply into one repaint and one retool from their bread & butter lines for the completionists, and then one genuinely new figure.

Doesn't lose too much in natural light, that was the issue with stealth Mk7. I am a fan of orange so I dig it a lot, leans a bit into the Jack armor we never got. Helps too I think the original Mk50 was just a lot of candy apple red by comparison without much to break up the overall head to toe look, which really just made the thigh-high boots and panel gaps stand out more. Plus all the guns and energy stuff seem to fit better with this colorway somehow
Ah yes the "my tastes in expensive toy dollies is the only morally correct one" snortle snortle cappuccino

they're gonna need to put out more porcelain stormtroopers if I'm sipping cappuccino around here

Back