HAOYUTOYS “Odyssey to the West” 1/6 Monkey King “Sun WuKong”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NAO Tiangong ver. “Ultimate edition”
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5325
IMG_2240.jpeg

Monkey King’s Return ver. “Less ultimate edition”

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5324
IMG_2241.jpeg

Monkey King ver. “Standard peasant edition” (DOES NOT FEATURE MOVING EYES…TRULY A FIGURE FOR PEASANTS)

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5327
IMG_2242.jpeg

The one I gravitated to…I present:

Monkey King Dark ver. “Edge Lord edition!!”

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5326
IMG_2243.jpeg

Implanted hair and looks pretty bad@**.

Any Journey/Odyssey to the West fans in here? I PO’d 2 of the Dark version because I really like the less vibrant color scheme and it’s the only Edition that has TWO of the stylized portraits : one with opened eyes and one with closed.

Last edited:
This is a seriously cool looking figure - I really hesitate to start another line of mythological figure to go with my Egyptian and Greek stuff, but this is tempting - what are the chances they do the other Journey to the West characters and other mythic figures?

Could this character work on its own?

This is a seriously cool looking figure - I really hesitate to start another line of mythological figure to go with my Egyptian and Greek stuff, but this is tempting - what are the chances they do the other Journey to the West characters and other mythic figures?

Chances are high since they themselves do multiple characters from their specific line. I definitely feel we could see a monk version of Wukong and the others. I believe they've already have done Bull Demon King, Sea King etc.

outside of the 1/12 disciples…I really don’t know if they’lol make 1/6 versions of them. Although I don’t see why not considering THIS dude is up for PO:

IMG_2244.jpeg

And I think just having Sun WuKong can work on his own. It’s WuKong 😂, he does most, if not all, of the heavy lifting when it comes down to exorcising demons.

FYI, PSA to EVERYONE:

It seems like the standard “peasant” version doesn’t have moving eyes like the other versions!!

Choose wisely!!

I considered getting both too because the “default” color has TWO portraits with moving eyes…

But man if the Dark Version didn’t reach out to me…and as par for course, I had to get 2🙃
I feel it. I'm leaning towards the dark version because he looks amazing but I do want the natural head of the bright colored one.

Wow they gave no ****s and just went in! I’m pleasantly surprised!

Man that right there is a full dedicated section of a display shelf. I never knew they went hard on these mythical characters.
Yeah I now wish I'd have bought a few of these. But Sun Wukong is all I need in my collection honestly especially this version.

Have to admit to being far more tempted than I thought I would be by this....
The "less ultimate edition" seems like really good value for money considering its only 40 USD more than the "peasant version" :ROFLMAO: but has implanted hair + moveable eyes.
In contrast the "ultimate ultimate" edition is nearly 200 USD more and as far as I can see the only difference is it comes with a [admittedly pretty nice] diorama?

Edit: No I'm wrong the "ultimate ultimate" comes with the angry head + the glowing eyes

Last edited:
Yeaaaaaah,
I think im gonna get this come payday....
Goddamn it....

2 years ago, I would’ve passed on this.

“$500 for a 1/6 figure?! HELLLLL NO!”

But Jazzinc’s BVS Batmobile and InArt’s Ledger and Joaquin Joker taught me that money is just an illusion. A distraction. Who needs money right?? Why save? My daughter will figure out how to pay for college when she crosses that bridge…right now Poppa’s 1/6 collection needs a 1/6 Monkey King.

2 years ago, I would’ve passed on this.

“$500 for a 1/6 figure?! HELLLLL NO!”

But Jazzinc’s BVS Batmobile and InArt’s Ledger and Joaquin Joker taught me that money is just an illusion. A distraction. Who needs money right?? Why save? My daughter will figure out how to pay for college when she crosses that bridge…right now Poppa’s 1/6 collection needs a 1/6 Monkey King.
When society collapses he with the best collection shall be king.

Yeah I always felt Wukong wearing armor in a darker shade looks better in terms of design and he just looks badass.

Not only that, but the darker armor is based off “Black Myth: WuKong”…an upcoming ps5 game.

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

I LOVE how HaoyuToys is getting ahead of the competition to bring us this version of Wu Kong first!

I CAN’T WAIT.

Back