1/6 Hot Toys - MMS597D39 - Avengers: Infinity War- Neon Tech Mark 50 (Toy Fair 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
faR9mGv.jpg

Curious about for how much SSC is going to sell him. I still have a handful of reward points in my account, and it seems they go bad if I don't use 'em by the end of the year... .
Being an EU collector, high shipping costs and VAT make it very unattractive to buy from SSC. I just hope the RP make that I can get cheaper when ordering from SSC, than when I would be ordering from somewhere in HK or EU.

Curious about for how much SSC is going to sell him. I still have a handful of reward points in my account, and it seems they go bad if I don't use 'em by the end of the year... .
Being an EU collector, high shipping costs and VAT make it very unattractive to buy from SSC. I just hope the RP make that I can get cheaper when ordering from SSC, than when I would be ordering from somewhere in HK or EU.
Don't you pay taxes no matter the place? I pay a 26% tax on anything above 100 euros, no matter if it's a figure or a book. Shipping's the same too, 40 to 50 euros no matter where I order from. The only exception is BookDepository, where I order Omnibuses that are 100+ yet they arrive by mail and I've never paid a single tax. But something like Folio books I get taxed. I bought a Folio Dune from them and paid the usual 26% tax on it. eBay stuff slip under the radar usually, but I haven't tried ordering a 1/6th figure from there recently. I've not received my HT Kylo from Sideshow yet, but both the Endgame Iron Man I got from PopCultcha (Australia) and the Jack Sparrow I got from ToysWonderland (Hong Kong) got me the same 26% tax notice.

Don't you pay taxes no matter the place? I pay a 26% tax on anything above 100 euros, no matter if it's a figure or a book. Shipping's the same too, 40 to 50 euros no matter where I order from. The only exception is BookDepository, where I order Omnibuses that are 100+ yet they arrive by mail and I've never paid a single tax. But something like Folio books I get taxed. I bought a Folio Dune from them and paid the usual 26% tax on it. eBay stuff slip under the radar usually, but I haven't tried ordering a 1/6th figure from there recently. I've not received my HT Kylo from Sideshow yet, but both the Endgame Iron Man I got from PopCultcha (Australia) and the Jack Sparrow I got from ToysWonderland (Hong Kong) got me the same 26% tax notice.
That is correct. I just mentioned it because many years ago SSC used to have a EU warehouse. Tax was only 17% (vs the 21% now), and there were no handling fees at all. Also, like you said, depending from where you order, if you're lucky, customs miss your order, and you don't have to pay taxes at all. But with SSC, that is completely impossible, because they use a shipping service that also handles all custom formalities. All in all, it's just frustrating having to pay another 100$ on top of these already quite costly figures. So $405 automatically becomes $505, at least. Still better than the Ebay prices later, I guess.

I wonder, with so many people destroying the IM Neon Tech figures ("ugly", "plain", "Tron/IM cross over, WTF?" and what else they say to trash these figures), you'd think the scalpers would keep their hands of this release, no?

I don't know why I'm waiting for a $25 coupon code for a $400 figure, but here we are... I do really like the design of this. It's clearly the best of the Neon Tech IMO.

For those registered, it's up on Sideshow.

Ordered. Had to add this one to the other two I own.

I read people weren't happy that HT went for an orange with this new NT armor, because they already used that for the War Machine, but having passed on the NT War Machine (don't like the bulky design), I'm quite contend about that choice.

Attachments

• IMNT.jpg
    IMNT.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 55
That is correct. I just mentioned it because many years ago SSC used to have a EU warehouse. Tax was only 17% (vs the 21% now), and there were no handling fees at all. Also, like you said, depending from where you order, if you're lucky, customs miss your order, and you don't have to pay taxes at all. But with SSC, that is completely impossible, because they use a shipping service that also handles all custom formalities. All in all, it's just frustrating having to pay another 100$ on top of these already quite costly figures. So $405 automatically becomes $505, at least. Still better than the Ebay prices later, I guess.
Oh, I get you now. Yeah, it sucks but it is what it is. About a decade back I used to not pay a single tax, but around 2015 or so it all kicked to high gear. Not to mention how awful the mailing industry is around these parts. I have packages that sit for two to three weeks in the warehouses in the capital.

Oof. Another Toy Fair, another ridiculous mini existential crisis trying to decide whether to jump on a repaint of something I technically already own. I need to find some real problems.

I stopped buying the Iron Man armors after XLVII because I wasn't really crazy about the organic look. I like the more mechanical look. So, Since I don't have a Mk L and I do own the other three Neon Techs, I ordered this morning. It says it releases in just a few months, but we all know that's not going to happen, which is great because I just POd several new figs and Anti-Ock Spider-Man is shipping and Deluxe 501st are coming SOON, so my credit card will be smoking.

Oof. Another Toy Fair, another ridiculous mini existential crisis trying to decide whether to jump on a repaint of something I technically already own. I need to find some real problems.
Indeed. The struggle must be real for marvel/iron man fans.
These repaints can be appealing to some IM fans and to people who just like slick designs. I’m not a huge IM fan, I don’t need to have all the armors, but I really dig the IM / Tron crossover.

Back