1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gmoney,

I don’t have any of those figures but I’d guess it’s a combination of both. From what I’ve read I’d say they’ve worked to make the joints tighter with the last 2 or 3 releases. Hopefully they’ll also be more durable.

In general I would think diecast figures with plastic joints are going to loosen with posing and the passing of time. I feel like I read that the Mark 6 has some ratchet style joints...maybe someone can clarify one way or the other.

I used to have the 45, and if I remember correctly the 46/47/6 all have stiffer joints than the 45, especially below the waist. I don’t think it is age related as much as design improvement.

46/47/6 all have ratcheted knees for stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this one is about to skyrocket. For anyone on the fence, secure one ASAP before it’s $600+.

Definitely glad I got my order in two weeks ago for the deluxe. Sideshow ended up having the best price, even compared to eBay... so prices were already getting crazy. But yes, now, prices should start to climb into those WTH realms.

This figure seems to be one of the most popular AND most problem free Iron Man figures yet.

Can't wait for the Mk 1... and curious to see the Mk VII.

Definitely glad I got my order in two weeks ago for the deluxe. Sideshow ended up having the best price, even compared to eBay... so prices were already getting crazy. But yes, now, prices should start to climb into those WTH realms.

This figure seems to be one of the most popular AND most problem free Iron Man figures yet.

Can't wait for the Mk 1... and curious to see the Mk VII.

Well I wouldn't say problem free lol, especially if you've read through this thread. There's been QC issues for sure.

Anything major though? What were the problems?

I must have missed the issues. All I saw was crooked chest plate -- which doesn't look crooked to me.

I've seen a few, like the plate underneath the chest piece popped off while trying to extend the body, there was a magnet problem with one of the heads, there was a accessory that was doubled on one side (so 2 lefts rockets I think), and there was a knee which it can't align itself properly. (picture is not mine, but one I found on FB) 33663266_642549566087156_2987377280260505600_n.jpg

As for the Chest piece, it's not crooked.

I’ve also seen several where the top side of the arc reactor triangle is not aligned perfectly parallel to the ground. It is ever so slightly off. One of mine is like that.

Not something I would send back for a return but it is there via close inspection. Wouldn’t be something as noticeable say on the Mark IV where the arc reactor is a circle.

I’ve also seen several where the top side of the arc reactor triangle is not aligned perfectly parallel to the ground. It is ever so slightly off. One of mine is like that.

Not something I would send back for a return but it is there via close inspection. Wouldn’t be something as noticeable say on the Mark IV where the arc reactor is a circle.

can you take a pic? I just want to see if mine is different.

can you take a pic? I just want to see if mine is different.

f5cd5c58d1d0da985965adb4cabf8809.jpg

32e744434cf8e5b5b978a4d624b756d1.jpg

The battle damaged pic shows the figure that has the arc reactor just not quite perfectly aligned.

Because of that, I made it the battle damaged one, haha.

I whited out my arc reactor so I don't think that's a problem for me I just realized. lol.

I'm excited to see what R&D that was done on this be ported into the inevitable Mk VII. The Dorito reactor is the only thing that I don't like about this one, and the MK VII fixes that pretty much entirely. I'm wondering if we will finally get a new Avengers era Tony head with it.

I’ve recently purchased this excellent figure but have a question. I know there are numerous scrapes painted onto the figure resulting in a light battle damage effect, but are there meant to be a couple of scrapes below the left eye on the cleaner visor?

Back