1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should all be filled within the next three weeks. Probably a little less.

excuse me guys, how tight is the chest plate supposed to fit?

could anyone take a close pic of the fit? thanks a lot...

What is considered "direct sunlight" in terms of increasing the potential for paint fade? Obviously sunlight shining straight onto the figure, but what about ambient light from outside that does not shine directly into the room. Can that be almost as harmful?

What is considered "direct sunlight" in terms of increasing the potential for paint fade? Obviously sunlight shining straight onto the figure, but what about ambient light from outside that does not shine directly into the room. Can that be almost as harmful?

It can, depending on how diffused it is. If they are in a room with lots of natural light or large windows I would recommend getting a some UV film from the hardware store. It even comes in clear so it’s not tinted if that’s a problem for you. Easy to install and could really help.

It can, depending on how diffused it is. If they are in a room with lots of natural light or large windows I would recommend getting a some UV film from the hardware store. It even comes in clear so it’s not tinted if that’s a problem for you. Easy to install and could really help.

Yeah it's in a room with 2 sliding glass doors. There are blinds that let natural light in, but actual rays of sun don't come into the house. But yeah, any increase in potential damage is all I needed to hear. I was kinda iffy on it, glad I asked here.

Thanks Motux.

Maybe I should get some of that UV clear film. My figures get some sunlight during the day for sure. I don't have blinds set up in my room. Small window and a year in have yet to see any degradation. But I'm prob playing with fire

d0fd831194c10dd1f176eb9d10c23520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would get the film. It’s not super cheap, though not overly expensive(average large window is about 30 bucks to do). But it’s worth it given the cost of statues and figures, and it’s a once every 20 or so years thing. I usually go on the “better safe then sorry” model. Lol

excuse me guys, how tight is the chest plate supposed to fit?

could anyone take a close pic of the fit? thanks a lot...

I've noticed with mine that the chest plate doesn't fit snug with the left side a lil loose, so it kinda sits uneven, however if I finagle it just right I can get it to fit evenly, but even then it's not a tight fit.

I had the came problem. Sucks ass but I feel like I'm not going to keep the batteries in him or ever keep turning him on so I just decided to live with it. I might try super gluing a screwdriver into it to see if that works

That really sucks about the stripped screw. That happened to me once with WM Mk III head right out of the box. Was able to get a replacement piece and after the experience I've never screwed the screws tightly ever again.

I've noticed with mine that the chest plate doesn't fit snug with the left side a lil loose, so it kinda sits uneven, however if I finagle it just right I can get it to fit evenly, but even then it's not a tight fit.

thanks a lot for the reply.

Mine did not perfectly fit, so I will try it carefully to adjust the piece.... closer.

thanks a lot for the reply.

Mine did not perfectly fit, so I will try it carefully to adjust the piece.... closer.

I wish I had a pic, and I’m not in town, but the chest plate won’t line up flush with the shoulder area such as like the 45/46/47 if you have one of those. There’s a slight gap. You can kind of compare to the art box or promo pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads up for those picking up the exclusive: the light up exclusive helmet comes with batteries pre-installed. Good to know if like me you were looking all over for the batteries that went in there :lol or need to remove them for storage.

Other than that finally got that stripped screw out so just waiting to see if SS can send me another screw rather than an arm. Also noticed while checking the lights my left arm is a tad dimmer than the right. Not a huge deal, but i'd be lying if I didn't say I felt the QC was not up to par this time around.

It's an awesome figure, but kinda bummed as I've never really had these issues before. Guess I was due. :dunno make sure to check your figures carefully guys.

why does it seem like every figure has a QC problem?

Well for what its worth QC problem here seems to be more of a human error type thing which is unavoidable. It's more frustrating when it's a design issue. Parts snapping that should be more resilient or dye transfer problems for example. Those can be avoided before they become a problem imo.

Screws over tightened, pieces missing, scratches, etc are going to happen. Nothing mass produced is going to be perfect. Just sucks to be the "lucky" one.

Oh well I'll be happy enough if SS takes care of it. In the couple QC issues I've had they've had no issue helping me out so hopefully that trend continues.

Because its a mass produced item and every mass produced item will have a 5-10% failure rate. Just the way it is. The problems not as bad as it would seem if you pick one or two pages out of a forum and read the comments. People are more likely to post complaints then if nothing at all is wrong, and then people who see those complaints ask if some minor issue that they never would have noticed is also an issue on there’s, and then people share stories from the first two groups making it seems worse.

There will always be a percentage of every single figure, statue, car, tv, cell phone etc that have issues. Always.

Because its a mass produced item and every mass produced item will have a 5-10% failure rate. Just the way it is. The problems not as bad as it would seem if you pick one or two pages out of a forum and read the comments. People are more likely to post complaints then if nothing at all is wrong, and then people who see those complaints ask if some minor issue that they never would have noticed is also an issue on there’s, and then people share stories from the first two groups making it seems worse.

There will always be a percentage of every single figure, statue, car, tv, cell phone etc that have issues. Always.

That is true. We don't stop to think just how many figures of a character HT produces and even with 10% QC error that is still relatively low. Especially when considering a product like this that is based on specific/fine detail

Lol what you think the Star-Lord QC blunder was? 75%?

Back