1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why we get the dark part of the triangle corners, at the top edges, is due to this area:

775685933ed8a051cc95e25da63a36e6.jpg

The black area sits tightly against the chest piece. So no light can get to the top edges.

Wondering if I’m brave enough to try to “fix it” :lol

You'll notice if you put a piece of diffusion paper/plastic in there, and don't push the chest plate all the way in, the corners are lit. Push it 100% and they go dark....

See you can fake it:

525ceb71b110b1202d56d939e9b65727.jpg

(IPhone pic, not long exposure. Piece of tissue paper, chest plate out a fraction)

Can you show us how the tissue paper is placed? I will definitely do this when I get mine!

Can you show us how the tissue paper is placed? I will definitely do this when I get mine!

Just cut a piece slightly larger and tape it. I fold tape corner against itself so you can get it back off:

b59fe92169939ffacab78cad40cf583b.jpg

As you can see, I doubled the tissue. Tinker around until you get the density you like.

57829fc5f258817bd57d39247b580ea8.jpg

Pics don’t do this guy justice. Right up there with WM MK1 as my favorite hot toy armor. Can’t wait to really dive in with different poses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just cut a piece slightly larger and tape it. I fold tape corner against itself so you can get it back off:[/IMG]

As you can see, I doubled the tissue. Tinker around until you get the density you like.

Really appreciate all the tips Craig. Going to do the tissue paper when I get the next chance to tinker.

Really appreciate all the tips Craig. Going to do the tissue paper when I get the next chance to tinker.

Welcome.

I'm trying to decide if I have the nerve to take a drimmel to the black parts of the arc area. Will wait until am. :horror

This is a "never sell it" figure, so...

Welcome.

I'm trying to decide if I have the nerve to take a drimmel to the black parts of the arc area. Will wait until am. :horror

This is a "never sell it" figure, so...

Really risky lol. You must have Dr. Strange's hands.. before the accident. haha

Thanks guys! I’ll take more pics haven’t even tried the battle damage parts & other accessories. This should look even better with wm mk1.

Mine came in today, absolutely love it & by far my favorite Iron Man armor!

Quick question - I took the plates off the biceps to put the batteries into the arms. Tried unscrewing the cover pieces and both are on there so tight that the screw heads are being stripped more and more every time I try to get it open. Anyone know a trick to unscrew it easier? The head and back screws were fine, so no problems there, but I really want to get the lights on in the arms & it’s crazy to me that a brand new figure has this problem already

Back