1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea why they didn’t stick with that design ? The magnet switch out forearm parts were so easy and safe to switch out on the 42 and 43 . For the money we pay we shouldn’t have to be snapping fragile parts out .

I'm thinking it had something to do with the fact this IM has those extra blue lights in the arm. They had to design around it i guess. They still could have used magnets somehow though i agree with that.

Yeah I never bothered with the BD parts on the 46, but these ones I'm liking the look of a whole lot more.

Of course it helps that the 6 is so much more iconic an armor in general.

Yeah I never bothered with the BD parts on the 46, but these ones I'm liking the look of a whole lot more.

Of course it helps that the 6 is so much more iconic an armor in general.

Absolutely. This one displays so great in either version. There have been some great releases in the past, but this one, to me, is the best one yet.

I'm thinking it had something to do with the fact this IM has those extra blue lights in the arm. They had to design around it i guess. They still could have used magnets somehow though i agree with that.

There’s also five parts in a small area. There’s always gonna be some draw back and some group upset. If these all had magnets that kept falling off or the parts didn’t align right or the magnets all fell off people would be compliant say why didn’t they do something else.

with the triangle this is the MCU ver of the comic style pentagon/extremis armor yeah? been assuming so, re-readin extremis and watching avengers on bluray to increase hype for when i un-box..

Ha. Yeah the packaging is nice. And the figure? :)

was so impressed with box and just staring at the fig laying inside i ran out of time to get him out and posed, tomorrow it is! :lol looks incredible tho so far really nice. def think im hooked now with the diecast line.

I had to take the base apart because the stand wouldn't screw in. I thought I had cross threaded it, but closer inspection revealed the nut and bolt were threading correctly, but we're far too tight to get more than a few turns--almost as if the nut and bolt are mismatched.

We're going to see if we can correct the problem with a thread die. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

I haven't even taken the figure out yet, since I'm to paranoid to try displaying it without the stand.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I had to take the base apart because the stand wouldn't screw in. I thought I had cross threaded it, but closer inspection revealed the nut and bolt were threading correctly, but we're far too tight to get more than a few turns--almost as if the nut and bolt are mismatched.

We're going to see if we can correct the problem with a thread die. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

I haven't even taken the figure out yet, since I'm to paranoid to try displaying it without the stand.

Yeah it took me forever to get the post screwed in on mine, and it still seems a tad loose.

Got mine yesterday.
20180314_144848.jpg

cant figure out how to straighten it

Really nice davejames :clap

I especially like the Mk46 pose. Haven't seen that one yet. Beautiful setup!

I'm going battle damaged all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap It's a win-win with the 6.

Both of mine had the same issue. I was able to thread it pretty well but not able to get it to a complete tightness. It's still a bit loose/wobbly but holds him up just fine.

Yeah it took me forever to get the post screwed in on mine, and it still seems a tad loose.

Same with mine. Great pics, Dave. The 46 looks great alongside him.

Last edited:
Back