1/6 Hot Toys - MMS378D17 - The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think this is closer to the Pentagon armor than it is the Extremis. agree?

https://www.google.com/search?q=iro...tL_YAhUD8IMKHUFkAokQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=760

same and im nitpicking alot at this price.

Its closer, but I still wouldnt draw the comparison, it pretty much boils down the Triangle on the chest. What I would say though is that the MCU armors, and the whole concept for translating the comic to film was heavily influenced by Adi Granovs work with the pentagon armor and extremis as a concept of how to make the suits look and feel more like suits of armor, and functional.

I actually don't think they can improve much on it as I think it capture's what is in the film well. The proportion issues are the ones chosen in the first movie. They went for an exaggerated v shape "hero" look for his upper body and the lower body seemed small and out of proportion by comparison. But this isn't Hot Toys fault. I'm not saying it can't be improved on at all, but I think most improvements would be tweaks at best (up the scale a tad, more ankle pivot, etc). The waist actually looks accurate to the film and I don't think the movie design allows for adding much articulation without sacrificing the accuracy of the movie design. I'm fine with the interchangeable waist option for this design. I am still very much happy with my Mk III.
View attachment 385438

I actually suspect that the reason the MKIII has the proportions it does is because the first film relied a little more on practical effects, and Robert Downey Jr. is a short man. You can see in the promo photos that the MKIII is shorter compared to subsequent suits. The modern suits don't really look like they're fitted for Downey's bodytype--they have a more idealized look.

i think this is closer to the Pentagon armor than it is the Extremis. agree?

I would say it lies somewhere in between, but if I'm really honest the similarities to either armour are pretty slim. The unique features of those armours aren't really represented on the MKVI. If anything I'd say the torso design leans closer to the Extremis armour, but the arms and legs have much more rigid, mechanical lines. The helmet, like all the early Iron Man helmets, to me reads like a compromise between the flared, geometric Pentagon helmet and the smooth, idealized (but somewhat improbable) Extremis helmet.

It could stand in for either armour, really, mainly becayse it has the classic colour pattern that both suits feature, and the triangle reactor.

I feel the 6 is really just taking that Base Mark 2/3 and evolving that design instead of it being derived too much from comic iterations.

And about the MK3:

"On the first Iron Man, we tried to use the Legacy [Studios, Stan Winston's effects company] and Stan Winston suits as much as we could. For the second one, Jon [Favreau] was confident we could create the CG suits, and the action dictated using them."

-from Wikipedia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it looks fine. Doesn't bother me one bit.

I’m with Craig. The gaps aren’t bad. Looks to me that it’s all about the way you pose him. That’s how it works with my Diecast War Machine.

Man this one is a beauty. Tempted to dump my RP in this.

26230480_10156089535324743_3797298077555054489_n.jpg

I’m with Craig. The gaps aren’t bad. Looks to me that it’s all about the way you pose him. That’s how it works with my Diecast War Machine.

The alternative to the gaps is pretty much the plastic panties. I will happily take the gaps.

Even though Iron Man 2 was fairly forgettable, and the circle reactor is undoubtedly more classic, as a kid who grew up in the nineties this figure really embodies the what, for me, is the definitive look for Iron Man. Same goes for IM2's War Machine. They'll look great on the shelf together.

I’ve been tempted to get this once the final pictures came out. I am all in for the die cast Mk VII once it’s announced but this turned out real nice and it’s hard to overlook.

I actually don't think they can improve much on it as I think it capture's what is in the film well. The proportion issues are the ones chosen in the first movie. They went for an exaggerated v shape "hero" look for his upper body and the lower body seemed small and out of proportion by comparison. But this isn't Hot Toys fault. I'm not saying it can't be improved on at all, but I think most improvements would be tweaks at best (up the scale a tad, more ankle pivot, etc).
View attachment 385438

They can correct the suit's colour.

They can correct the suit's colour.
Okay, you can add that to the list of tweaks it might need too. I'm still happy overall with the last release of the MkIII though.

Love these looks clearly based off "Extremis" and "Bleeding Edge" in the comics (even though not officially those in the movies)

"clearly" might be pushing it with mk 6/Extemis the only thing in common is the triangle and Extremis's is isnt even a triangle

Well, I don't think "the only thing in common" is the shape of the arc reactor. Adi Granov was the comic artist behind the look of Extremis and the main concept artist in the early Iron Man movies and his design elements of his work in the comics over all carried into the look of the films including the look of the MkII and III; but,out of all the armors he worked on the Mk VI looks most like his Iron Man in the comics because the arc reactor is most similar. The other design elements of Adi Granov's comic Iron Man where already present in the II III and IV before we got to the VI. There is a lot in common with the overall design of the movie armors with the Adi Granov's Extremis comic design besides the arc reactor.

Back