1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I can't believe this is actually happening. It's been such a long wait. :panic:

you and me both!

i can't wait until they post one of their huge galleries of this figure..

at first those photos will hold me over, but after a while they'll start making me want the figure more and more.

so, we'll see this in the US early june probably?..

i REALLY hope they release the mark 45 next week so that i can (try to) hold off and ship them together from BBTS.

I wasn't talking about anyone that actually knows, but those that believe they noticed a pattern. And just by looking at past releases you can tell there no specific days that you can expect a release. Wonder Woman and armored batman and fury 1/4 mk43 and a bunch of others where either announced or released in a day that's not one of the three listed as the pattern.

We had someone last fall that was certain he knew or discovered a pattern and he ended up getting a bunch of people all excited refreshing their pages expecting these announcements for three weeks in a row m(and starting poll threads ect) and there was no pattern. There was a couple of announcment on a specific day just by happen stance but that was used to gin up interest and it's just not the case. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but there's just not a pattern you there.

Definitely brother, I agree with there not being any pattern to follow. That's why I said your statement had truth for sure. HT just has gotten more definitive with there marketing and planned releases
I am sure you can agree with me in the fact they use to suck at setting release dates. They have gotten much better at it year by year. I just contacted someone I knew there after they released the photo of the upcoming releases, because I really wanted to know how close UP was to being released. They basically told me they couldnt give me dates, but the run down was TWS Nick Fury, then Flame trooper, then UP, and the BvS Superman, and last but not least Mark 45.

Definitely brother, I agree with there not being any pattern to follow. That's why I said your statement had truth for sure. HT just has gotten more definitive with there marketing and planned releases
I am sure you can agree with me in the fact they use to suck at setting release dates. They have gotten much better at it year by year. I just contacted someone I knew there after they released the photo of the upcoming releases, because I really wanted to know how close UP was to being released. They basically told me they couldnt give me dates, but the run down was TWS Nick Fury, then Flame trooper, then UP, and the BvS Superman, and last but not least Mark 45.

so 45 is last? that's a bit of a bummer. so.. are we looking at like 2 weeks? or 3? or less?

i usually display whatever new figures i acquire on my coffee table prior to finding them a home in my detolf's.. but wow this beast might be too tall and obstruct my view of the tv while a lay on the couch lol. that's not a bad thing. but it's going to take some thought as to its placement on the table.

i'm really curious to see how many moving parts the figure has and the extent of its articulation.

it's a shame the LED's can't stay on permanently without draining batteries, or whatever other problems can occur from prolonged LED use.

So nice to come home from a long day of work to see a new HT announcement or HK release. It's the simple things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So nice to come home from a long day of work to see a new HT announcement or HK release. It's the simple things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, it's like the first thing i do when i wake up.. check hot toys Facebook, secret base Facebook, and this site to see if anything has been released or updated. (i usually wake up at like 2-3pm EST.

this thing just feels like a long time coming.. this and the 45. man that's going to be a pricy couple of weeks.

He may know more than me.
I just see a pattern.
I didn't say anything about polls.
And they don't do stuff everyday...lol

No they don't do stuff every day, but they do do stuff every day of the week. It's not just on Monday/Wednesday/Friday... But the other four days in the week as well. I didn't list all the ones that were either announced or released on the four days you didn't mention in your pattern...but you can go to hot toys Facebook page and look at the dates. Easy enough. And it's pretty clear that from a quick look I just did going back only to January there where a dozen or so such days that (again, not on a mon/wed/Friday) had announcements.

And I know you didn't bring up polls. I did. Becuase, as I said, last fall (November or December is memory serves) a member here mentioned that the previous two or three bits of info fell on a certain day and he had figured out the pattern. Then someone else picked up on it and before the next day in this pattern we had two poll threads started asking who or what would be coming before the next time in the pattern, and a bunch of people talking about how excited they where for the announcment..then it didn't come. People got upset. But the guy wrote it off as a one time break in the pattern..this went of for three weeks.

Mean to or not people pick up on this stuff and run with it.

The pattern you are seeing is just not there. The three days you mentioned account for nearly half the possible days. so of course there is going to be stuff on those days. And from time to time it will happen on those days say more then any other three day combination. But it's not exclusive to those days. Like I said I can give you an announcment or release on every single day (not every specific day like April 1 ect, but like Tuesday or Sunday as opposed to your three day patterns) of the week in the last four months.

And this isn't about knowing more. It's just that I've been through this on this site recently. And it wasn't the first time. Heck, it's Tuesday in Hong Kong so this figure released outside of the pattern. The flame trooper, released outside the pattern I think. Either way, there really is no pattern.

243909509.gif
417dd6c451da81cbffada05a5566d016082431f5.jpg
552b90504fc2d562f733f27ae01190ef76c66c05.jpg

This is one you really need to see in person. The led function doesn't read well on camera(most of the time) but he looks great

:yess: looks like they fixed the neck.

He has no waist articulation though, but it doesn't bother me :lol

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF he looks absolutely glorious. Also, he looks far more compact compared to the initial prototypes are assembled. Also I'm glad that these people can actually pose him right, too often we get derpy looking poses from of the early in-hand poses whereas this already seals the deal with how good the figure can look.

And he looks so good with the lights on too, ugh finally! :panic:

Did Elljay break the embargo set by Hot Toys? It seems like no other reviewer has posted any pictures yet.

It's just taken secret base time to get them out to people. They have told people that they may want to come back tomorrow. Between this and the show set up and what not they are a little back logged. And this thing is so big it's taken extra trips to get it to the store and in the warehouse.

The same thing happened with the mk43 1/4.

Back