1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he is not worth the price especially if its not a diecast

That price....

No thanks. I thought it would be diecast for that.

ROFLMAO. Do you guys even know what the diecast metal used to make toys with typically is? It's literally one of the cheapest metal alloys you can get.

PT Barnum was right....

Last edited:
Yeah, the diecast equation to quality and value is baffling.

It would make sense to me if the choice were between plastic and say solid formed aluminium (of course that would cost several thousand), but in these cases it makes no aesthetic difference. I couldn't care less that Iron Whiplash is diecast, for example. Yay, an already heavy figure is heavier. :p

Last edited:
Oh, so I have seen Ultimate Ultron before, knew It looked familiar...

4724_Avengers-2-BB-REG-FRONT-LINE-UP.jpg

4724_BB_REG-3QuarterAvengers-2-PDQ-GLAM.jpg

I guess I'm making the assumption to real world Ultron, and assuming that Ultimate Ultron will look less human, thus no teeth and iris. At least hoping.
That's totally fine! Rather in my case, much as I would absolutely love Ultimate Ultron having the traditional Ultron face, I would rather not get my hopes up to avoid any sense of excitement being deflated if it turns out otherwise. That's just a feeling I wouldn't want to have, especially when I'm trying to be more excited for Ultron's characterization in the film. :)

As for Ultron Prime's eyes and teeth, I just take it as comic Joker's Heath Ledger equivalent. Ledger's Joker was such a huge shift from the more slick style and purple suit of the traditional Joker. He was hunched over, scraggly hair, and his makeup had a messy look (contrary to Joker's bleached skin and clean lips). This was an appearance that many folks weren't happy about when it was first revealed yet so many people got sold on his version of the Joker after seeing his unique performance.

I just hope Ultimate Ultron isn't 8ft tall like Prime, that's the main thing I dislike about the Prime, 6.5 - 7 ft would be the sweet spot

Why not though? Ultron's pretty big in the comics, some versions even reaching or exceeding Destroyer size in recent years. When you account for how Ultron has become prominent even in the cosmic verse, I'm glad that they're not taking his physcality lightly in the movie especially since he can be so confrontational in the comics. I don't think Ultron being 8ft tall takes anything away from Thanos, especially since Thanos has been treated as more of a dangerous and powerful cosmic being than one who imposes himself through blatantly physical means.

Why not though? Ultron's pretty big in the comics, some versions even reaching or exceeding Destroyer size in recent years. When you account for how Ultron has become prominent even in the cosmic verse, I'm glad that they're not taking his physcality lightly in the movie especially since he can be so confrontational in the comics. I don't think Ultron being 8ft tall takes anything away from Thanos, especially since Thanos has been treated as more of a dangerous and powerful cosmic being than one who imposes himself through blatantly physical means.

Personal preference maybe. You're a bit too defensive about this design...

Anyway, looking at the Ultimate Ultron design it has many similarities to the Prime Ultron which suggest to me that it's the prime with added armour (especially over the chest and what looks like a helmet or new head) and coated in vibranium. Lower torso and legs seem to be the same as the Prime and so do the arm using the Funko Mini as reference. Which means he will be 8ft still.

So I'm still waiting for the red lighted Ultron Sentry to be made for my collection Ultron. That's the design I prefer and for me the signature Ultron look I want displayed with Thanos.

Last edited:
Back