1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Vision, Quicksilver, MK 45, Hulkbuster, Fury, War machine, Ultimate Ultron, MK1 Ultron, Ultron drones, Hulk and then the BD versions of each :lol

I really don't think there will be many BD figures with this line if there is any at all(because theres a lot already).

IF there is, I would say Iron Man is the most likely candidate...
next in line I'd say the Ultron MK1, which if that figure doesnt come BD already it will probably come with extra parts

outside of Iron Man(43,44,45)(44 is doubtful), I'd say theres more of a possibility that the figure will come with BD parts rather than have a separate BD figure

Personal preference maybe. You're a bit too defensive about this design...

Anyway, looking at the Ultimate Ultron design it has many similarities to the Prime Ultron which suggest to me that it's the prime with added armour (especially over the chest and what looks like a helmet or new head) and coated in vibranium. Lower torso and legs seem to be the same as the Prime and so do the arm using the Funko Mini as reference. Which means he will be 8ft still.

So I'm still waiting for the red lighted Ultron Sentry to be made for my collection Ultron. That's the design I prefer and for me the signature Ultron look I want displayed with Thanos.

Wait, what??? I'm not just referring to THIS particular design though, I was talking about Ultron in the comics himself. :slap

Previously, you said your issue was with Ultron Prime's specific design and his height being taller than Thanos. You were wondering if Ultimate Ultron could also be 8ft tall, something that you weren't very keen on.

As I was saying, Ultron's height has varied throughout the years to the point that he's even reached Destroyer levels size-wise and sometimes even as a giant (what with the Ant Man imagery). Regardless of Ultron Prime's design, I'm saying that Ultron being taller than Thanos doesn't take anything away from Thanos and if you feel like it, it may be a reason to consider getting Ultimate Ultron. But mind you, I was only making this suggestion under the assumption that Ultimate Ultron will bear a greater resemblance to his classic version since I know you prefer the Sentries' design over Ultron Prime.

I was merely offering a different perspective on why Ultimate Ultron being potentially 8ft tall isn't really a bad thing given Ultron's comic history (unless he ends up looking like Ultron Prime 2.0, in which case feel free to grab the red Ultron Sentry instead).

I see in these threads consistently the price complaints and I can understand completely however I am STILL looking for a Loki (avengers) for a decent price and a Joker dark knight EX. When they were released I was out to sea and missed out. With that being said if I pass on Ultron because I feel the price is little high now who's to say it will go down post release? If this movie is half as good as the previous movie I will really want this figure so I will pre order it and hope the movie lives up to half of what I expect and if its a let down I can cancel the pre order or try and resell it. The lesser of 2 evils

What about mind-altered Hulk? ;)

redeyedhulk.jpg

If you're referring to Allergies Hulk, then hells no! :lol

Wait, what??? I'm not just referring to THIS particular design though, I was talking about Ultron in the comics himself. :slap

Previously, you said your issue was with Ultron Prime's specific design and his height being taller than Thanos. You were wondering if Ultimate Ultron could also be 8ft tall, something that you weren't very keen on.

As I was saying, Ultron's height has varied throughout the years to the point that he's even reached Destroyer levels size-wise and sometimes even as a giant (what with the Ant Man imagery). Regardless of Ultron Prime's design, I'm saying that Ultron being taller than Thanos doesn't take anything away from Thanos and if you feel like it, it may be a reason to consider getting Ultimate Ultron. But mind you, I was only making this suggestion under the assumption that Ultimate Ultron will bear a greater resemblance to his classic version since I know you prefer the Sentries' design over Ultron Prime.

I was merely offering a different perspective on why Ultimate Ultron being potentially 8ft tall isn't really a bad thing given Ultron's comic history (unless he ends up looking like Ultron Prime 2.0, in which case feel free to grab the red Ultron Sentry instead).

I have no problems with any of the Ultron designs, however I do have a problem with an 8ft Ultron Prime scaled figure, it just isn't what I want.

I'm fully aware of Ultron's comic history, that doesn't change my preference for my display and what I find the ideal Ultron for my collection.

I have no problems with any of the Ultron designs, however I do have a problem with an 8ft Ultron Prime scaled figure, it just isn't what I want.

I'm fully aware of Ultron's comic history, that doesn't change my preference for my display and what I find the ideal Ultron for my collection.

Hey that's fair enough! Just to make it clear, I was just suggesting reasons why Ultron being 8ft tall isn't so bad, so aside from the height, my suggestion has nothing to do with design preferences. But of course, it's your collection so it's your choice. I like to think that's sort of a given hence why I even said in the original post "Why not?" as means of genuinely being curious about it.

I see in these threads consistently the price complaints and I can understand completely however I am STILL looking for a Loki (avengers) for a decent price and a Joker dark knight EX. When they were released I was out to sea and missed out. With that being said if I pass on Ultron because I feel the price is little high now who's to say it will go down post release? If this movie is half as good as the previous movie I will really want this figure so I will pre order it and hope the movie lives up to half of what I expect and if its a let down I can cancel the pre order or try and resell it. The lesser of 2 evils

Yeah this is how I feel as well. Aside from obviously liking Ultron, I'd rather not risk grumbling over the price sky-rocketing in later years. Yeah there's the occasional miracle of finding a cheap one in the secondary market, but since I'm not really the most adept at scouring for those, I'd rather stick with just pre-ordering.

Hey that's fair enough! Just to make it clear, I was just suggesting reasons why Ultron being 8ft tall isn't so bad, so aside from the height, my suggestion has nothing to do with design preferences. But of course, it's your collection so it's your choice. I like to think that's sort of a given hence why I even said in the original post "Why not?" as means of genuinely being curious about it.

Yeah this is how I feel as well. Aside from obviously liking Ultron, I'd rather not risk grumbling over the price sky-rocketing in later years. Yeah there's the occasional miracle of finding a cheap one in the secondary market, but since I'm not really the most adept at scouring for those, I'd rather stick with just pre-ordering.

I've been in a mood all day so I may have seemed confrontational in my initial post. Apologies, we both love the character, it's just passion for collecting coming through and different strokes for different blokes.

I haven't found ANYTHING cheaper on the secondary market (that I was seeking) and with all the Iron Man figs/statues released you would think the market saturated with them would loose value but they retain their price point and go up little by little.

I haven't found ANYTHING cheaper on the secondary market (that I was seeking) and with all the Iron Man figs/statues released you would think the market saturated with them would loose value but they retain their price point and go up little by little.

Typically the Stark (human) figs can be found a little cheaper down the road, but the armors mostly hold or increase in value. Deals can be found on the Mk 2 and 3 more common than the other armors from what I've noticed.

I've been in a mood all day so I may have seemed confrontational in my initial post. Apologies, we both love the character, it's just passion for collecting coming through and different strokes for different blokes.

No worries, cheers man! :duff

I know I've been going on about my views on Ultron Prime's design like a broken record, but my first reply was definitely more to do with my curiosity than the previous stuff I've been going on about, so I didn't really mean to impose anything by it (and if it came across as such, I apologize for that as it was not my intention).

As Y4NK33 PL4N3T said, the Tony Stark figures have been getting cheaper (surprisingly) but yeah it's a bit of a shame that a lot of the main IM suits haven't really gone down in price in the secondary market and only seem to increase as the years go by. Definitely not going to risk that with Ultron, and since he's the only one I'm collecting anyway, I should have plenty of time to save up for him.

pass to this one. will wait for the next diecast ultron,
no matter which form of ultron it is in, instant PO!

Back