1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

Something feels off... It looks less menacing then in the trailers and pictures

Yeah okay the irises definitely look sculpted there. Now while I was expecting it, it's a shame about the way he looks with the lights off. Still I'm glad that HT tried to paint in some of the red linings across his body, judging by the photos.

Yup looks bad.

Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

Like this? And since this is the same as the other ultron thread there are plenty of others. I'm not saying Kevs below post is bad or anything, just pointing out there are posts despite your statement to the contrary.

Well those posts don't look like people are complaining for the hell of it, and they don't seem to be complaining about the actual design of Ultron but some of the inconsistencies of the figure from the movie.

Also when a character like Ultron has a silver metallic finish its bound to look cheap and off in figure form when made of plastic, so it makes sense for some people to think it doesn't look that great.

Photo courtesy of Don Tam from OSR Facebookm, taken at Secret Base in HK. Unlike the IM Armors, Ulron IMO looks dead with the lights off. He should come ready with an AC/DC adaptor. The "irises" of his eyes look like molded parts of his face and most likely non-moveable, but that's me guessing.

10978482_1048473731833432_5666091455539633019_n.jpg

10372563_1048473705166768_1524406695470291754_n.jpg

That's a very messy looking proto head. I'm sure the final release will be super sharp in comparison.

Well those posts don't look like people are complaining for the hell of it, and they don't seem to be complaining about the actual design of Ultron but some of the inconsistencies of the figure from the movie.

Also when a character like Ultron has a silver metallic finish its bound to look cheap and off in figure form when made of plastic, so it makes sense for some people to think it doesn't look that great.

I know this is kind of a weird thing to say but I think it looks like plastic when I see the figure..., obviously it's made from plastic so no real surprise there but when I look at my Iron Man figures & even my Tony Stark, plastic isn't a thought that comes to mind. lol I'm really just an Iron Man collector (as I've said before) so I'd have to be blown away in order to get sidetracked with other figures/characters, this currently isn't having an effect on me & I don't feel like I must have it..., it may improve before production though or it may even just grow on me after I've seen the movie, don't know..., for now I'm looking forward to the Hulkbuster & 1:4 scale mark 43 plus hopeful there's a mark 45 & I'd like to see one of Tony Stark's Iron Man drones made too. :)

I tought this would be an instant buy...but,not convined at all.
If im being honest it's actually a bit crap.

More pictures will come, but until then the speculation will run rampant with this image :lol I love the sculpt, and think it's really well done and finely detailed -- and this is just the proto. He's a presence for sure, and I'm sure future pics will help sell him better! That said, in the picture above he definitely looks like a turned off robot/empty shell when the lights are off.

I don't mind the look, it's the character design. My concern is if it will be a plastic fig first and then a diecast later. For $350-$400 I prefer diecast. Same for the drones. If it's diecast I'll order up front, otherwise I'll wait for a while.

I certainly think it's a cool figure for sure, but just based on those couple of photos without the lights on, it does nothing for me at all. And I def don't want him displayed without, which means either potential for battery corrosion or having to spend more money on extra batteries. I also like to point out it has no accessories whatsoever and with it being so tall, it's going to cost probably $380 or more. No thanks.

I don't mind the look, it's the character design. My concern is if it will be a plastic fig first and then a diecast later. For $350-$400 I prefer diecast. Same for the drones. If it's diecast I'll order up front, otherwise I'll wait for a while.

This one isn't diecast, otherwise it would've been noted in the images. As for future releases of a die cast version? Possible...but I'd say unlikely. They did say they were considering revisiting all Iron Man's earlier suits and releasing them as Die Cast; however, that's Iron Man and not Ultron. If I had to wager, I'd bet against HT releasing a diecast version of this Ultron (or others before plastic releases.)

Then it just comes down to the gamble of whether or not you want to wait and see if these will still be around a while once the movie releases while hoping for a potential diecast announcement.

I am disappointed in this figure. They could have done something incredible, and while I do like the design and the lights, it looks like maybe one step up from the Marvel Select line. We all know this figure is going to be sold for at least $350 or more and it just doesn't at all seem worth it to me.

Back