1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get this guy off of eBay for a fair price. However I want to make sure it’s legit. Is there any way to know if it’s definitely a HT figure and not a knock off? He’s a lot lighter than I expected and won’t really stand on his own without the stand. Is this just a common trait of this figure or should I be concerned it’s a KO?

There is no KO Ultron Prime.

Used today’s eBay coupon and a best offer to grab a new Ultron for $210 and make up for missing the Midtown clearance sale. Been wanting an Ultron ever since I saw it on display last fall in one of the stores at Universal Studios. He just looked so impressive in person! The other figure that really stood out to me in their cabinets is Striker, so he may be next in my backlog to find a deal on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i was able to snag this beast for about $220 mint condition. However, after unboxing i tried to pose him and the right arm can't hold up... the joint is just too loose... anyone else experiencing similar problems? can this be fixed ? Left arm's ok... just makes me mad :-(
thanks for any help.

BBTS sent me an email offering $150 store credit when you buy this figure. There are deals for other figures too. Kinda thinking about it but I’d be more tempted by the Mark I Ultron personally.

Finally got around to bying this guy,$249 shipped brand new. Its an impressive figure but has some shortcomings. Definately worth the price imo,looks great in the detolf.

Finally got around to bying this guy,$249 shipped brand new. Its an impressive figure but has some shortcomings. Definately worth the price imo,looks great in the detolf.

At one point I thought about picking him up too, but most reviews seemed tepid and the articulation was very limited, essentially making him a statue. So I ended up passing on it cause of that...but glad you're enjoying it.

He’s actually a really good figure. I’m regretting having gotten him though, simply because I don’t think I need him. Has nothing to do with the quality of the figure.

Would you guys recommend getting Ultron Prime for 300 Euro?

I am thinking about adding him to my slowly growing collection, as an iconic villain (next to Thanos, Endgame Loki Mysterio, etc.) but opinions on this figure vary a lot. Many collectors say that it reminds a cheap toy and some quite like it. Yes, not many really love the figure. It is worth buying or should I rather use the money on a different figure or another pre-order and just accept the fact I will not have this villain in my collection?

Thanks!

i still love my Ultron Prime, as he towers over most other figures and looks impressive. Also the Avengers Base is great. I don't use it as base, but rather in the Background on the backwall permanent lit. The red A is very cool ^_^

Ultron Mark 1 is effing awesome as well! Congrats!

Q198U6a.jpg

"I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful."

After lighting this guy up, there is no going back.

Saw this done over on FHC. Modded eyes to be movie accurate red and the eyes can now be seen even with the LEDs turned off. Hot Toys should have done this.

Before:

26295913380_e4dee73bb8_b.jpg

After:
1st photo is with the LED on but with the flash from the camera washing it out. 2nd is without any LEDs turned on.

25958798234_c37d068e46_c.jpg

26453611322_568b07229d_b.jpg

26519945526_16930e0ea0_b.jpg
Digging up an old thread but what is FHC? I'm thinking of trying this

Found this at a local comic book store I enjoy, they had him on display, and with the What If on order around the corner I couldn’t help but splurge.

I think it’s a perfectly imperfect figure from all I’ve seen. I think with some proper red paint, they could have made him pop, and not need the light up so much. He looks… off, when off.

But he is Ultron, and I love Ultron

Back