1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also got the same email. I'll surprised if its out before June honestly.

I agree more with this estimate for a U.S. release. I am waiting to see in hand reviews of it before I decide to get it as I imagine this was an engineering nightmare and I want to see how it ends up in hand before I drop the cash.
I do want to have this figure in my collection though, but not if it ends up being a fiddly QC ridden mess.

wasn't the mark 2 whiplash announced well after the movie?.. a quick search shows the movie was released on may 7th 2010, and the announcement for whiplash was made on february 5th 2014.. so, there's still hope. i just hope it doesn't take that long to reveal an ultimate version.

wasn't the mark 2 whiplash announced well after the movie?.. a quick search shows the movie was released on may 7th 2010, and the announcement for whiplash was made on february 5th 2014.. so, there's still hope. i just hope it doesn't take that long to reveal an ultimate version.

90% of all figures are announced well after the film.

Disagree. I feel UU will ultimately be released

598.gif

:lol
but I agree. I think they'll try and move as much of Prime as they can before announcing the probably superior Ultimate Ultron. Might even be a summer exclusive :dunno

https://replygif.net/i/598.gif

:lol
but I agree. I think they'll try and move as much of Prime as they can before announcing the probably superior Ultimate Ultron. Might even be a summer exclusive :dunno[/QUOTE]

Glad you caught the pun. :lol

I concur though. If they released UU now, there'd be a lot of people who would skip right over UP. Release UP, let that marinate with people for a bit, then release UU and let people who bought UP decide they need to upgrade to UU instead.

[QUOTE="Motuxmen, post: 8513312, member: 45287"]I don't much like the look of ultimate ultron.[/QUOTE]

I thought he looked pretty cool, but I also acknowledge that I do like the look of UP more. Even when UU is likely released, I'm going to be sticking with UP because that figure will be big enough for my display and that was the form he was essentially in for roughly 75% of the film anyway.

I don't really like it either. Decided on second viewing that I preferred the look of Prime.

i initially preferred ultron prime over ultimate ultron.. but the more i see the movie, and the more i compare both, i do prefer the ultimate version.

ultron prime will do for now. i've changed my tune on when i'd like an ultimate version released. if they don't reveal one prior to the release of prime, i hope they wait a couple years to reveal an ultimate version. the time would definitely lighten the sting for me.

i'm fairly particular with the figures i get, so, since i'm definitely picking up the mark 45, i'd like the ultimate ultron because those two actually fought each other. 45 and prime never met. i never planned on picking up the mark 43, i think i may have to pick one up to face off against ultron prime. i think i'd have to find a used one though, i don't think i'd be able to stomach paying full price for something that i never really intended to get. i guess i'll just check eBay every now and then and see what turns up.

It's never been delayed by hot toys. Until April 1st passes it's still within the initial release window.

i think people are just going by what places like BBTS have listed. initially i believe the expected release date was january, then it changed to february, and now it's set for march.

i initially preferred ultron prime over ultimate ultron.. but the more i see the movie, and the more i compare both, i do prefer the ultimate version.

ultron prime will do for now. i've changed my tune on when i'd like an ultimate version released. if they don't reveal one prior to the release of prime, i hope they wait a couple years to reveal an ultimate version. the time would definitely lighten the sting for me.

i'm fairly particular with the figures i get, so, since i'm definitely picking up the mark 45, i'd like the ultimate ultron because those two actually fought each other. 45 and prime never met. i never planned on picking up the mark 43, i think i may have to pick one up to face off against ultron prime. i think i'd have to find a used one though, i don't think i'd be able to stomach paying full price for something that i never really intended to get. i guess i'll just check eBay every now and then and see what turns up.

i think people are just going by what places like BBTS have listed. initially i believe the expected release date was january, then it changed to february, and now it's set for march.

Those dates are irrelevant. Hot toys stated q1-q2 2016. That was the same time they stated the day it went up for sale. What other companies do is list the very first month in a release window to ensure customers have the funds just in case. But that doesn't mean the figure was delayed. It has not been. Hot toys always provides a release window. Out of 500 figures only 3 or 4 (ever) have been given less then a 3 month (or quarter) window. The resellers like bbts and ssc need to provide a single month date to make sure customers are ready with funds. Especially ssc. Because of things like Flex payments and NRD. Bbts gets its stock from ssc so they just use the same dates. But again, hot toys has not yet delayed the figure. They are not taking extra time. It's not late. It's, as of today, still exactly on scheduled.

If the company making it says it will be out between December 2015 and April 1, 2016 in Hong Kong then it's not been delayed until after that date.

For me, I prefer Ultimate Ultron partly because he made this speech, which was the most menacing he seemed to me during the movie:

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability? You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure."

He also looked pretty bad ass ... But unfortunately he was made to look like a chump at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimate's head on Prime's body is the only way to go.

j/k, their heads look stupid as ****. Ultron sentry's the only tolerable one.

Back