1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so this is being delayed? that's a bummer.

i guess that also means that a possible reveal of an ultimate ultron would be pushed back (that's if they even plan on doing one).

i'm starting to lean towards wanting an ultimate version instead of the prime.

There's always the King Arts UU.

yeah, i thought about jumping into king arts.. but i just can't justify collecting from both lines.

if i bought their ultimate ultron, i'd also need to get their mark 45.. plus, i'd still need a 1/6 ultron to go with the upcoming hot toys mark 45, and my other iron man figures.

i'm very, i guess, OCD'ish about what i collect and how it'll fit in. one 1/9th figure, while awesome looking, just wouldn't fit into my collection.

so, if there is no 1/6 ultimate ultron announced prior to prime's release, then i'll grab the prime version, which i still really like.

it's a shame hot toys isn't doing what king arts is doing with theirs. but i think accuracy reigns supreme with hot toys, so i doubt that route was ever an option for them.

yeah, i thought about jumping into king arts.. but i just can't justify collecting from both lines.

if i bought their ultimate ultron, i'd also need to get their mark 45.. plus, i'd still need a 1/6 ultron to go with the upcoming hot toys mark 45, and my other iron man figures.

i'm very, i guess, OCD'ish about what i collect and how it'll fit in. one 1/9th figure, while awesome looking, just wouldn't fit into my collection.

so, if there is no 1/6 ultimate ultron announced prior to prime's release, then i'll grab the prime version, which i still really like.

it's a shame hot toys isn't doing what king arts is doing with theirs. but i think accuracy reigns supreme with hot toys, so i doubt that route was ever an option for them.

I have a similar OCD about my figures. I can't even display figures from different movies together(like using different figures from different movies to build an Avengers team), I definitely couldn't deal with a different scale.

If they wanted to go with the KA version of add ons they could do that at any point after the figure releases. Price wise adding it to the prime hot toys figure would mean it would cost a lot lot lot of money. Hulkbuster range is guess.

And they can do exactly what they did with im2. (Whiplash 1.0 released around film and then 2.0 years later)Just release ultimate in a couple years. To keep a license active they have to release product every so often of the rights revert back. So there have got to be some items held back for future times or they risk loosing the license.

And me personally I'd prefer a seperate figure to a bunch of swap out and add on parts. Plus it's more screen accurate. Can do the BW scene with prime and ultimate on screen together.

i guess that also means that a possible reveal of an ultimate ultron would be pushed back (that's if they even plan on doing one).

I really think they will do one eventually, can't see them not doing it actually :)

Nobody ruin my optimism :lol

so this is being delayed? that's a bummer.

The figure was not delayed. The adjustment sideshow made to its rx of the figure has nothing to do with an actual delay. Hot toys didn't not change its dates, so the figure isn't delayed.

Hot toys expected release date is Q1 2016. Has been since it was announced. That means up till April 1 for Hong Kong which means may-June for sideshow would still be within the original expected and announced release date.

I might have my dates mixed up but if Ultron isn't out right now then we all already knew it would be March-April anyway right? Is the delay actually news?

I think they'll do an UU eventually. Heck, they didn't announce a TWS Fury until well after all of the other TWS figures were released. Same with A1 Bruce Banner and the other A1 figures.

I think they'll do an UU eventually. Heck, they didn't announce a TWS Fury until well after all of the other TWS figures were released. Same with A1 Bruce Banner and the other A1 figures.

:exactly:
If it's not going to be announced soon it will be eventually, or at least there's a strong possibility it will be. Especially given its role in the movie and the amount of figures announced from this line already...

UU is a bit chipmunky...

the-avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg

The "A" stands for Alvin.

:exactly:
If it's not going to be announced soon it will be eventually, or at least there's a strong possibility it will be. Especially given its role in the movie and the amount of figures announced from this line already...

:duff

Indeed. It may not even be this year, it could quite possibly be next year. They haven't even finished releasing all of the current AoU figures that are supposed to be released and I don't believe UU will happen before that.

They'll probably release UP, let that marinate for a bit with everyone, then release UU and let owners of UP decide that they need UU instead.

Yeah I don't think I want that one. UU is a bit chipmunky...

:rotfl
I've been saying that since day 1. I think it's a very chipmunky look, but the roided up frame gives him a lot of presence imo. I think he would look great next to the other figures

I think it looks kinda cute, and I'm not even being ironic here. :lol

I'd definitely be excited if Hot Toys made Ultimate Ultron, but like everyone has already said, I can only see it getting announced after a long time has already passed.

I would personally pass on an UU. UP is plenty big enough for me and Ultron had that body for the majority of the film.

I would personally pass on an UU. UP is plenty big enough for me and Ultron had that body for the majority of the film.

UP is definitely my preferred design (I like the intricate details and more human-like appearance) though UU has grown on me enough that I'd be excited if and when Hot Toys makes their own.

Back