1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

Jesus the specs with the cosmos in the background will look amazing. Especially in HT Japan high res. I cannot wait to see JC Hong's closeups to see those blue eyes in detail.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

Jesus the specs with the cosmos in the background will look amazing. Especially in HT Japan high res. I cannot wait to see JC Hong's closeups to see those blue eyes in detail.

Hey nice new Avatar and sig Utah :hi5:

Thanks old buddy. It was either this or a kickass Lee Pace combo from Halt and Catch Fire. Which I might still do.

Just watched the movie again and noticed Thanos has little repulsors holding his throne up. I didn't see the underside of the throne in any of the pics - does it look like there are places for lights?

I can't tell from the pics for sure but it looks like there aren't any repulsors on the throne. I really hope they add them if they aren't there now. It'd be a great display to have Thanos on his throne with the lights coming from underneath.

I can't tell from the pics for sure but it looks like there aren't any repulsors on the throne. I really hope they add them if they aren't there now. It'd be a great display to have Thanos on his throne with the lights coming from underneath.

I could see someone taking one of the smaller drones and modifying his throne so they could fly him around the living room.

I could see someone taking one of the smaller drones and modifying his throne so they could fly him around the living room.
I don't see that happening. Drones cost quite a lot (from a few bucks to a few thousands) and there aren't any small and powerful enough to work as thrusters. The closest would be to do something like that hoverboard they built, where there are magnets on the "body" and a magnet on the floor, which keeps it afloat.

its probably not finished yet, but if they add 'thrusters' they will most likely just be lights :lol obviously :lol

If they can make helmets and ARC reactors light up, I'm sure they can do the same for his throne

If they can make helmets and ARC reactors light up, I'm sure they can do the same for his throne

oh yeah, but I think its more of a question of 'will they' rather than 'can they' :wink1:

Let's not make this any more expensive than it already will be haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its probably not finished yet, but if they add 'thrusters' they will most likely just be lights :lol obviously :lol

Wait, are you saying they won't actually work??! I know feel compelled to besmirch hot toys and sideshow for not giving me actual working thrusters at a cheap price, exactly like the movie and both better and exactly the same as the prototype and movie. I feel like I should shout to the roof tops that it's because of all the work they put into iron man and his thrusting. Blast you iron man, marvel, Disney, hot toys, Star Wars, Santa clause, and elf on a shelf!

Ok so I'm joking. Mostly

Edit- from random forum member-motuxmenyour whole argument is without merit because you used bad grammar and spelling and used "know" instead of "now" even though I type like English is my third language and use words like lite and ppl and lol---signed forum member Richard Noggin.

Lol yeah, I'm kinda dreading the price. Expecting $550 for Thanos and the throne combo

Hulk was $300 for around the same size figure with just a pair of hands. Add price creep and you are looking at $350 for the figure. The real question is how much the throne will cost. The design is very simple but big. It shouldn't cost that much but it's HT so you are probably close with that number.

Thanos will be $450 at the cheapest. It's been hard playing the guessing game when it comes to new figures, and I always end up shorting it, so instead of saying $380, I think it will be $450 or more for Thanos.

Thanos will be $450 at the cheapest. It's been hard playing the guessing game when it comes to new figures, and I always end up shorting it, so instead of saying $380, I think it will be $450 or more for Thanos.

I'd buy it for $450.... i think thats pretty reasonable, obviously I'd prefer less but whatever :dunno

Hulk was $300 for around the same size figure with just a pair of hands. Add price creep and you are looking at $350 for the figure. The real question is how much the throne will cost. The design is very simple but big. It shouldn't cost that much but it's HT so you are probably close with that number.

Thanos' costume is a little more complicated than Hulks too.

If I plan at all to actually get HB then I need be super conservative with what else I buy. I would only have room to get one more figure from the line and that would presumably be Ultron. Thanos will have to wait until Infinity Wars. While the throne is super cool, I'm not sure I would ever pose him on it anyway so I don't have an issue missing out on it.

Back