1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Just dropping in to say hello =)

37369683_10212056306111355_8055426822545866752_n.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Nice to see someone else uses maybang's. So hot did you end up with 2 exactly?

I was sceptical of maybang being my first purchase with them. So I had also ordered thru Alte Ego after they had sent me a notification saying they had an opening for a pre-order.

I can't believe they haven't sent out any delay notices or anything, something along the lines of an excuse as to why they don't have him yet. Nothing at all, us bbts customers are just left holding our nuts instead. :rip

Yeah, its ticked me off with Sparrow, now a 2nd time. I don't do thirds.

Next week I'll be cancelling my 6 preorders after I find a new place to order that's more reliable. I'll send them a letter first to see if they fess up with any explanation. If not, then they could care less about my business and I could care less about cancelling preorders on them.

Great pic!

But I wish BBTS would say hello. I think I'm done with them.

You and me both.

:duff

I can't believe they haven't sent out any delay notices or anything, something along the lines of an excuse as to why they don't have him yet. Nothing at all, us bbts customers are just left holding our nuts instead. :rip

I feel that Sideshow is 100% behind this trying to get us to make EXACLY these comments. As the exclusive distributor for HT in the US, they call just about all the shots regarding the rules they set up for their dealer customers, and they make decent profits from dealers who buy in bulk from them for re-sale (or there would be any other dealers at all), but SS’s margins are highest from direct sales.

One thing SS may not be able to dictate in their arrangements with dealers is shipping costs. My guess is that SS is sand bagging their shipments to BBTS and other dealers to get us to tap out on our loyalty to non-Sideshow suppliers. Sideshow’s obscene shipping charges can’t compete with BBTS’s $4 program, for instance, so this is how they are combating that.

Sideshow is showing a definite mean streak these days with these tactics, including the infuriating no tolerance policy on Custom work. I cut my ties with SS long ago and much prefer to work with people and dealers who don’t seem Hell bent on ripping me off with shipping and “handling” nonsense, and attempting to curtail a big piece of this hobby for their own purposes. I’m only TOO happy to wait a while longer to get a reasonable deal and not sell my soul to the entity that is doing its best try to crush this site discourage custom collecting.

I agree. But my business will go to Timewalker, who for the moment looks like he's getting things well before BBTS and he has free shipping (when combining two figures).

I feel that Sideshow is 100% behind this trying to get us to make EXACLY these comments. As the exclusive distributor for HT in the US, they call just about all the shots regarding the rules they set up for their dealer customers, and they make decent profits from dealers who buy in bulk from them for re-sale (or there would be any other dealers at all), but SS’s margins are highest from direct sales.

One thing SS may not be able to dictate in their arrangements with dealers is shipping costs. My guess is that SS is sand bagging their shipments to BBTS and other dealers to get us to tap out on our loyalty to non-Sideshow suppliers. Sideshow’s obscene shipping charges can’t compete with BBTS’s $4 program, for instance, so this is how they are combating that.

Sideshow is showing a definite mean streak these days with these tactics, including the infuriating no tolerance policy on Custom work. I cut my ties with SS long ago and much prefer to work with people and dealers who don’t seem Hell bent on ripping me off with shipping and “handling” nonsense, and attempting to curtail a big piece of this hobby for their own purposes. I’m only TOO happy to wait a while longer to get a reasonable deal and not sell my soul to the entity that is doing its best try to crush this site discourage custom collecting.

I think i'm going to get ahold of BBTS and find out the truth. It's just ridiculous to think a retailer would try to get rid of a retailer that they sell to and can stop selling to anytime they want. It would be like McDonalds not giving you your order so you will go away. I need some facts.

Shipping is not that bad i pay around $12 for 3 day shipping on 95% of my 1/6 scale figure orders.

You'll be told that delays are at the whim of the distributor and they have no control over it.

Look at it this way. BBTS pays SS for stock. SS has been paid, they don't care what happens to the product from here on out.

Now SS has been losing customers to BBTS's attractive incentives like pile of loot and $4 shipping.

By poisioning customer relations with BBTS by having extensive delays, they slowly will starve out people, making them say "I don't want to wait until BBTS has my figure 2 months later - why is it taking so long?" They then spike the ****** $22 shipping and get their figure early from SS. SS has been paid by both BBTS and a customer now. So they come out on top, and sell an extra figure at their set price, not at the wholesale cost retailers get.

MY LCS got my Yondu Deluxe in stock on the 18th. It's PA so it takes 4 business days shipping from Sideshow which means it shipped on the 12th. As per Sideshow's policy, retailers can offer a maximum discount of 8% off the item amount. I am not sure if that % may vary between retailers who order more or less product though. I have no idea what BBTS deal is with late shipments, it seems it's more than just Sideshow with late shipments though, they seem to get some other manufacturers items late as well. BBTS is in CA, so if anything they should be getting Sideshow earlier then the East Coast.

I agree. But my business will go to Timewalker, who for the moment looks like he's getting things well before BBTS and he has free shipping (when combining two figures).

Not to mention they generally sell HT at a lower price than SS and BBTS. I think I’ll be taking my business there as well. Their customer service has been top notch so far as well.

I agree.

Just got my shipping notice from BBTS!!!!

Finally -- I was really getting worked up.

Back