1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

The thought of not getting your preorder will be too much for many collectors out there as word spreads.

The money's not in the one-off purchase someone makes for their kid at Christmas for a company like this; its from constant collectors who buy multiples and often. If those customers feel their orders are in jeopardy or that they may be waiting on long delays, I doubt they'll stick around. Shaking out a few mass cancellers is one thing -- but you don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Time will tell how this awkward year for BBTS fairs for them.

I wasn’t even personally affected by this. But I am choosing never to shop there again. I would hate to preorder an item just to see it cancelled over some unknown policy. I’m a frequent purchaser from the site. My last Pre-order from them was Threezero Saul Goodman.

That said, should they ever have a Going Out of Business sale —I’ll be there.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

The thought of not getting your preorder will be too much for many collectors out there as word spreads.

The money's not in the one-off purchase someone makes for their kid at Christmas for a company like this; its from constant collectors who buy multiples and often. If those customers feel their orders are in jeopardy or that they may be waiting on long delays, I doubt they'll stick around. Shaking out a few mass cancellers is one thing -- but you don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Time will tell how this awkward year for BBTS fairs for them.

I got my deluxe Yondu from them. I had already started buying elsewhere before reading this thread because of a couple long delays. But to your point I won't be ordering anything from them I can't live without. No way I am on their naughty list but why take a chance?

So is there any place to purchase Mr. Yondu at retail or are we all relegated to trying our luck with eBay?

So is there any place to purchase Mr. Yondu at retail or are we all relegated to trying our luck with eBay?

I think any place you’ll find now will have the price jacked up..you can try toy wiz but like bbts once stock gets low price goes up. Maybe eBay you’ll be able to deal with an actual collector who’s changing up the collection and not looking to kill on price. Good Luck!!

If HT made so few of these that preorders have been cancelled... I'd grab this in any form (reg or deluxe) that I could find it now before prices jump to $500+. And they will.

If HT made so few of these that preorders have been cancelled... I'd grab this in any form (reg or deluxe) that I could find it now before prices jump to $500+. And they will.
Damn, you really think hot Toys didn’t create enough? Now I’m deff going to pre order with sideshow on future figures. Think they will be the safe bet.

Damn, you really think hot Toys didn’t create enough? Now I’m deff going to pre order with sideshow on future figures. Think they will be the safe bet.

Hot Toys make to order. So if pre-orders aren't high, they don't make a lot. This guy was a bit of a sleeper, so shops and dealers that may order a few more probably didn't. I think a lot didn't pre-order, therefore any excess figures dried up very quickly.

So yep, these days if you want a figure pre-order it. I also think shops are reducing their risk of left over stock more and more, especially for not so well known characters.

Hot Toys make to order. So if pre-orders aren't high, they don't make a lot. This guy was a bit of a sleeper, so shops and dealers that may order a few more probably didn't. I think a lot didn't pre-order, therefore any excess figures dried up very quickly.

So yep, these days if you want a figure pre-order it. I also think shops are reducing their risk of left over stock more and more, especially for not so well known characters.

That’s true I remember bbts and alter ego sending out emails that they were going to take in less. Yeah your right if you want something going to have to Pre-order it from now on.

That’s true I remember bbts and alter ego sending out emails that they were going to take in less. Yeah your right if you want something going to have to Pre-order it from now on.

Book now to avoid disappointment :lol

giphy.gif

Book now to avoid disappointment :lol

giphy.gif

Yeah after my last post I went and Pre-order at kghobby for the hot toys Winnie the Pooh and piglet was top priority to get that for my wife as a surprise so pre order deff taking more seriously

What I don't get is when all of your retailers (I ordered at a smaller shop and was shorted too) oversold and you just produced this weeks/months ago...why not fire up the factories and do more? It's obviously selling well. You're not going to create soooo many to flood the market and drive down the price that much. Just make enough to cover the orders that the retailers have.

What I don't get is when all of your retailers (I ordered at a smaller shop and was shorted too) oversold and you just produced this weeks/months ago...why not fire up the factories and do more? It's obviously selling well. You're not going to create soooo many to flood the market and drive down the price that much. Just make enough to cover the orders that the retailers have.

I think the factories are going 24/7. They have a ton of stuff to get out and i think that might be part of the reason for the shorter runs.

unfortunately factories have production schedules to cover. These factories manufacture more than one thing. When one an order is finished the next one is up and running. They can't just stop their schedule because a company miss calculated sales of a product.

There's also a certain amount of setup and sourcing of materials etc. i.e getting all the accessories moulded, paint colours correct, material sourced and cut out.

I'd say the workers would also get into a pattern, so they can achieve consistency for a figure. I could imagine this is particularly the case for painting. All this leads to a single run for most figures I'd say.

Something is definitely weird about the shipping and selling of Yondu in general. I bought mine from Sideshow and he didnt come in the standard hot toys shipper which was odd but not totally crazy. I think heard someone mention this might start happening on another thread but the weird part was sideshow mailed him out in some big other box to ship him in. And there was no plastic on Yondu's shoebox! I opened him immediately thinking they sent me a used figure but everything else seemed normal and the normal plastic protection on the figure looked good. Sad about BBTS problems. I don't use them too often anyway but I always felt they were too good to be true with the way folks go on about them.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

My Yondu...

ac7118b17c99c5cce26b657240fe3692.jpg
c86f527ddfb0e48f925a7ba94842c506.jpg
96d0760b973757bd7bafa958c6b83b89.jpg
33c5d3f404ef119cf7984eb9e12797d0.jpg
094c53ddafe387c600715d9e549bf6d6.jpg
0800f9cf8fa0006351cf7475ff519764.jpg
3e9ef20419a6850f92f3dc83b11fcd7a.jpg
3c6765c309f745cdee23d68a12f651e1.jpg

"He maybe your father, boy. But he wasn't your daddy"

615d26efa1082aafdc3c37be7bc0a099.jpg
eed8260c7dc4e328f1f30dd40dd4dbb6.jpg
01e1dd2aa0c7d5bad69aa2ec773db86e.jpg
9d7ea291d6ad3099ec019fcfb371a979.jpg

Back