1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my EB with the cape draped around him in that brooding pose for awhile, I think with the HT I'll have the cape pulled behind him to show off the suit.

The suit appearance gonna depend on lighting obv. But EB is way too dry looking. It's almost grey sometimes.

Also I can't stand the EB'S droopy flat chest and shoulder area. HT is much more pronounced.

Batman-Begins-Image-7.jpg

Looks great. I had too many issues with the 2 enterbay versions I purchased over the years that it soured the experience for me. Yes it had a couple of mouthpieces that had an amazing likeness to them but the cheap, crap belt that you had to mod using a freezer tie to get it to sit properly and the suit that snapped at the crotch area TWICE for no reason plus enterbays renowned horrible bodies.

I'll be happy to have this in my collection in its place (provided the suit doesn't melt over time haha)

The suit appearance gonna depend on lighting obv. But EB is way too dry looking. It's almost grey sometimes.

Also I can't stand the EB'S droopy flat chest and shoulder area. HT is much more pronounced.

View attachment 415585

What do you mean exactly by dry looking? I've always thought Enterbay got the colour and texture spot on. It's not grey looking but more charcoal creating that beautiful contrast with the jet black cape and the more gloss finish of the gauntlets. Aesthetically it's very accurate to the source material from where I'm looking.

latest

The build quality of the EB however is awful. I just leave in that iconic head bowed cape wrapped around him pose and it looks perfect. Trying to pose it is a nightmare though and that's where I'm looking forward to this HT version. We'll be able to do so much more with the figure and create some cool poses.

Just watched the unboxing of this and it looks pretty rough. The suit is way too shiny. The headsculps and face plates doesn't look much like bale. And the base and cape look really cheap. Where is the diorama style stand you usually get with hot toys 1/4?

Also, what is that suit made from? Hot toys always worry me with their soft materials because they usually degrade over time. Hopefully it's silicone and not rubber?

In fairness they've gotten complaints about the previous diorama style stands and how they limit poses so I wouldn't blame them about the stand. The figure itself looks good to me but I'm more of a casual.

What's everyone's opinion on the Begins Toy Fairs exclusive from 2011? I always wanted one but not sure if it holds up.

I loved the alternate face options on that figure but it came out right around the time I had started to cut back so it didn't make the cut. And then I heard about all the QC stuff and didn't particularly regret not getting it.

I've come to expect Hot Toys to not release anything that a non-MCU/Star Wars collector would want but perhaps that doesn't extend to Nolan Batman stuff, remembering that at one point we all used to complain about the seeming over-abundance of figures from those movies. How little we knew. We've now reached a time where Nolan Batmen figures are ''something different'' :lol

I've come to expect Hot Toys to not release anything that a non-MCU/Star Wars collector would want but perhaps that doesn't extend to Nolan Batman stuff, remembering that at one point we all used to complain about the seeming over-abundance of figures from those movies. How little we knew. We've now reached a time where Nolan Batmen figures are ''something different'' :lol

:gah: Stop making sense, and let me be optimistic.

Back