1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ Love the cowl headsculpt and sculpted eyes
+ the goofy Bale face plate actually looks really good, only faceplate that looks like him

- those gauntlets look like pieces of crap. they break and split apart at the wrist and just look shoddily made
- most of his hands remind me of blocky lego hands, especially those fists
- no angry scowl expression?
- this is a 1/4 scale high end figure, the suit construction with a two piece, thin, cheap rubber suit and a velcro thong up his butt crack holding it together isn't authentic at all
- the Wayne headsculpt and ski mask look really bad for this scale
- that base is atrocious with little to no thought going into it

$500, half a grand for this :lol

These comp pics where floating around a few other groups today. The hot toys suit is definitely a little to shiny but the enterbay seems a little to dull. Should be a little bit of both, more satin I guess. But since the EB figure is pretty hard to find these days the hot toys is a pretty good second option.

436EC5AB-B5ED-4D01-9619-42214CD8F5CA.jpeg8D7ACE17-E4D8-4622-B6A3-AD2EFD7D3613.jpeg

I like the fullness of the HT version and the cowl looks to be pretty darn accurate. What are your guys’ takes?

I like the HT version better- the suit in the movie is semi-glass black in alot of scenes- the belt looks more accurate as well

That comparison just emphasises what I said a few pages back. There seems to have been some weird effort from hot toys to make everything blend into each other. Cowl, suit, gauntlets, cape, they’re all very similar tones of black and all very similar materials with similar levels of shine, which isn’t what it should look like at all. Too shiny, and not enough difference between the matte suit and the very dark cape and shiny gauntlets.

The only think I like about the hots toys one is the fullness of the chest and the potential for more dynamic poses? But I still want to know what that suit is made from. Is it going to crumble to nothing in a couple years?

Both look like great figures, missed the EB Batman, so I'm highly looking forward to seeing this one in person.

There's something about the sheen of the suit and chest/shoulder/arm proportions that remind me of the Takara Begins Batman from 10 years ago.

I owned that one. Loved it.

Not sure how it looks to the eyes now though. Lol.

Yeah same. That was my first high end 1/6 Batman figure and my introduction to a figure with a rubber body suit. Loved that thing.

Crop the head and feet off this one and it really does remind me of it, just needs glossy gauntlets (I still don't get why after so many attempts Hot Toys continues to put a matte finish on the BEGINS gauntlets).

IMG_9863.JPG

The Wayne head reminds me of the bad guy in Marvel's The Punisher show, the guy who was also in Westworld I think. They seem destined never to nail certain likenesses.
Yes. Exactly what I thought.

There's something about the sheen of the suit and chest/shoulder/arm proportions that remind me of the Takara Begins Batman from 10 years ago.
Yes. Exactly what I thought again.

I have the enterbay and don’t really see the need to upgrade from what I’ve seen so far. Especially the wayne head. That one is firmly in 3rd place from all the 1:4 wayne heads released so far.

I have the enterbay and don’t really see the need to upgrade from what I’ve seen so far. Especially the wayne head. That one is firmly in 3rd place from all the 1:4 wayne heads released so far.

Hmm, I'd feel tempted to put the TDKR Wayne sculpt on this Begins suit. although not movie accurate.

I'll either go with the first night out look or a more articulated pose with the cowl on. Build quality looks great on this figure as it is on the QS001.

The Enterbay definitely wins on looks and screen accuracy but it'll be awesome to really pose this HT figure. My Enterbay Bats is basically a statue, I just leave him in that cool cape wrapped around him pose all the time.

They would have done that first

Eh not entirely true. Hot toys released the DX 12 which wasn’t that great. At the same time released specs and pics of the Qs Batman. After the Qs figure was improved and released months later hot toys released the suit vault with Bruce Wayne, Alfred, and updated/better mouths. I’m hoping they release a 1/6 version of this figure as well.

- those gauntlets look like pieces of crap. they break and split apart at the wrist and just look shoddily made
- no angry scowl expression?
- this is a 1/4 scale high end figure, the suit construction with a two piece, thin, cheap rubber suit and a velcro thong up his butt crack holding it together isn't authentic at all
- that base is atrocious with little to no thought going into it

$500, half a grand for this :lol

Agree about those points.
Think the gauntlets are trying to solved some physical limitations of the suit.
We got an angry scowl in the Dark Knight QS.
That elastic holding the top and bottom looks weird.
It'll probably end up like my DX02 where they lose their elasticity and become elongated strap like a bra.
The base is ugly but I don't think I'll ever use it anyway.

These comp pics where floating around a few other groups today. The hot toys suit is definitely a little to shiny but the enterbay seems a little to dull. Should be a little bit of both, more satin I guess. But since the EB figure is pretty hard to find these days the hot toys is a pretty good second option.
Might just be new rubber so still a bit shiny like tyres.
I will be receiving a EB Batman tomorrow. Scored a great second hand deal off eBay.

Here's my Takara Batman.
I think the waist is too thin. Funny around 10 years ago, Michael Crawford's comparion on HT, Medi and Takara ended with me choosing it.
I applied rubber care on it so it's still semi gloss and soft.
takara.jpg

View attachment 415715View attachment 415716
HT looks to have better overall proportions than the EB version(EB bodies are too long)...but the HT suit is way too black and shiny..making it look very toyish...

The matte charcoal grey/black of the EB suit is more movie accurate...but the bat emblem on the chest should have a sheen to it...as seen in bottom pic..

View attachment 415760View attachment 415762View attachment 415761

Back