Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched this again yesterday but with the wife and the 3 kids. I liked it more on the second watch. Feels a bit rushed but still a good ride. I'm hoping the extended cut fleshes it out. For all the things it copies/homages, there are still some original ideas in there or maybe I just have seen them elsewhere.

I'm even more convinced the hate for it and "it's the worst movie" is pure bias.

What I would love to see happen is that the Jedi character really is Kora and not the princess.

When the princess gives life to the bird it wasn’t coming from her own power it was emanating from Kora’s proximity to her.

What I would love to see happen is that the Jedi character really is Kora and not the princess.

When the princess gives life to the bird it wasn’t coming from her own power it was emanating from Kora’s proximity to her.
I was also hoping Noble would come back in some sort of suit Vader/Kylo style

Makes complete sense. You all should bath together like the Spartans in 300.

leonidas and xerxes.jpg

There is no reason to get all overly critical over what is supposed to be a goofy 80’s sci-fi fantasy romp.

Once the T&A and gore are inserted i’m sure it will be appreciated for what it is and not hated for what it isn’t.

I have huge respect for ZS passion for his livelihood the dude is super dedicated to his art which buys him some forgiveness.

Last edited:
Watched this again yesterday but with the wife and the 3 kids. I liked it more on the second watch. Feels a bit rushed but still a good ride. I'm hoping the extended cut fleshes it out. For all the things it copies/homages, there are still some original ideas in there or maybe I just have seen them elsewhere.

I'm even more convinced the hate for it and "it's the worst movie" is pure bias.
See why do you say stuff like that? The hate is pure bias. People can’t like a movie now? People hated antman 3 this yr. That’s fine but people thinking this movie sucks is bias? Come on . Maybe it’s just a bad film?

There is no reason to get all overly critical over what is supposed to be a goofy 80’s sci-fi fantasy romp.

Once the T&A and gore are inserted i’m sure it will be appreciated for what it is and not hated for what it isn’t.

I have huge respect for ZS passion for his livelihood the dude is super dedicated to his art

Much of the inspiration for the "space opera" genre that Star Wars in 1977 made massively popular as never before is in fact B movies. For Star Wars George Lucas originally wanted to make an updated version of Flash Gordon, which as we know was a comic strip based on sci-fi pulp comics. And then a pulp serial in the 30s with Buster Crab. From among the influences he said that he drew upon to make ANH, many are "pulp."

What was innovative about what Lucas did... one of several things anyway... was to ground all that in a much more realistic style of storytelling, so that it felt as though the sci-fi elements could actually exist in real life. Particularly in terms of special effects. But again, the source material (some of it, not all, but much of it) of comic strips, comic books, pulp fiction, and movie serials in the early history of cinema use obvious representations of things that exist purely in fantasy. In 1977 Star Wars made it feel like you yourself could leave the theater, hop into your X-wing and fly to another world. It made it feel remarkable as it should. But it also normalized it. Similar, I suppose, to the way Tolkien's LotR makes the reader feels as though all those fantasy elements could exist in physical reality, not just in one's imagination. Like he was documenting a place that actually existed somewhere in real life.

Anyway, I think Zack Snyder is aiming for some similar sort of synthesis of what is obviously fantastical and what feels like it could be real somewhere "a long time ago in a galaxy far away." And I'm curious to see how it proceeds. I'm down for the ride.

Last edited:
See why do you say stuff like that? The hate is pure bias. People can’t like a movie now? People hated antman 3 this yr. That’s fine but people thinking this movie sucks is bias? Come on . Maybe it’s just a bad film?

What's "bad" to some is good to others, though. There's the rub.

We're having different forms of pareidolia, basically. Seeing radically different shapes in a cloud, and having very different subjective associations about what we see.

That's a fact. One can be upset about that, but it's still a fact.

What's "bad" to some is good to others, though. There's the rub.

We're having different forms of pareidolia, basically. Seeing radically different shapes in a cloud, and having very different subjective associations about what we see.

That's a fact. One can be upset about that, but it's still a fact.
Yea that’s cool but there is no bias here. People just think it’s a bad film. They have it a shot and didn’t like it. There were tons of bad films this year but this is the one that has the bias behind it? Even the beloved mcu film franchise was met with bad reviews. It’s not bias it’s just most people didn’t enjoy it and that’s fine. Some did enjoy it but there is no bias going on here.

No use arguing Wez.

Clearly anyone that has anything critical to say about this staggering masterpiece is just lying. They're lying to us and lying to themselves. The ONLY reason anyone could dislike this movie is cause they hate Zak Snyder.

It's personal. It's all clearly a personal grudge.

So sad that people let their hatred of a man make them miss out on the cinematic experience of a lifetime.

Well someone has to be magical in this it might as well be algerian Daisy Ridley.

The neural link to an astral plane where Noble meets with Balisarius is for the upper class in the Imperium's caste system. And Kora definitely belongs to that caste. Balisarius handpicked and groomed her as his heir and successor! So guaranteed she has the same sort of cybernetic link installed in her skull that Noble has.

What is possible given that neural network and technology may in fact make it possible for people to possess what we would think of as superpowers. Or something along the lines of "peak human" at the very least. In terms of abilities think Ozymandias in Watchmen or "super soldiers" in the MCU. Like human potential plugged into a thousand watts. So presumably much, much more than even just peak human.

Last edited:
Back