Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if this sucks will he a couple years down the line say Netflix destroyed his vision and he gains another cult following that demand he release the original 20 hr cut that tells the story only a little bit better?

asking for a friend .
ironwez after seeing Rebel Moon (eta 2024):

"I was misguided in my hatred of Snyder. Not only did his Rebel Moon movie change cinema forever, but it changed my life. I only wanted to be a fast blue person, but now, I want to serve humanity. Do good for humanity. Snyder gifted sight to my blind eyes. I could not have achieved this awakening without my lord, my savior, Zack Snyder. Walk the righteous path. Watch Rebel Moon. Amen."

So if this sucks will he a couple years down the line say Netflix destroyed his vision and he gains another cult following that demand he release the original 20 hr cut that tells the story only a little bit better?

asking for a friend .
Why? Is Joss Whedon coming in to re-film half the movie?

"I was misguided in my hatred of Snyder. Not only did his Rebel Moon movie change cinema forever, but it changed my life. I only wanted to be a fast blue person, but now, I want to serve humanity. Do good for humanity. Snyder gifted sight to my blind eyes. I could not have achieved this awakening without my lord, my savior, Zack Snyder. Walk the righteous path. Watch Rebel Moon. Amen."
In all honesty I may end up liking it. I don’t dislike Snyder . Moreso his fanbase.
Jackollie if you are reading this please don’t jump on me I said the fanbase lol

Well, as an unabashed fan of Snyder's DC movies, I can only hope he can make this as epic as those. If he goes and does another one like the Zombie movie, err... no thanks.

Well, as an unabashed fan of Snyder's DC movies, I can only hope he can make this as epic as those. If he goes and does another one like the Zombie movie, err... no thanks.

Snyder is great in the first 10-15 minutes of a film.

The first ten minutes of Army Of The Dead are awesome. The first 15 minutes of Dawn Of The Dead remake are incredible.

Snyder should just hire himself out to make the first 15 minutes of someone else's film. And just keep doing it.

"In time, they will join you in the sun."
snydergodrays.jpg

Actually looking forward to this, liking the concept and the initial pics, plus Digimon is always good and SoFEETa Boutella is always hot.

The first image of a character looks badass for sure.

53B523EB-FDD6-45C5-8899-A9AA12B0DD20.jpeg

On the other hand I’ll be honest that I’m not thrilled that Zack is going to be his own DP. Zack’s best films cinematographically has been with Larry Fong (300, Watchmen, BvS). I actually thought the cinematography for AotD was… eh. It’s not bad or anything. But by now I’m used to being wowed by the cinematography in Snyder’s films. The cinematography in AotD did not wow me, i.e., it was solid but no wow factor.

Zack has said that he wants for Rebel Moon to be (close paraphrase) “like the Krypton scene in MoS on steroids” which will be awesome. So I trust that the CGI will look amazing. But there is a painterly quality to 300, Watchmen, and BvS where almost every scene in the movie looks like it could be a splash page from a comic book. I did not see that particularly in AotD.

Last edited:
The first image of a character looks badass for sure.

View attachment 573467

On the other hand I’ll be honest that I’m not thrilled that Zack is going to be his own DP. Zack’s best films cinematographically has been with Larry Fong (300, Watchmen, BvS). I actually though the cinematography for AotD was… eh. It’s not bad or anything. But by now I’m used to being wowed by the cinematography in Snyder’s films.

Zack has said that he wants for Rebel Moon to be (close paraphrase) “like the Krypton scene in MoS on steroids” which will be awesome. So I trust that the CGI will look amazing. But there is a painterly quality to 300, Watchmen, and BvS where almost every scene in the movie looks like it could be a splash page from a comic book. I did not see that particularly in AotD.
I hope he can achieve the substance over style in this one. Longshot, I know.

Netflix is acting weird right now. Hopefully this doesn’t affect the movie. They seem to be cutting lots of corners and acting rather crazy .

Back