Your Favorite Under-rated Horror Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fright Night (original)
The Crazies (the remake)
Dog Soldiers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrorvision

tumblr_mqgzdb6Sou1qedb29o3_500.gif

tumblr_lf5ane1mK31qdezf9o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

vlcsnap-00065-e1362539663345.png

Forgot about the Hidden. I remember that being great but I haven't seen it in 15 years at least.

It'd have to be a good 25 years or so for me. It was never great but was still very watchable in the late 80's (kind of like The Wraith.) I remember being most impressed by the insane inner city cornering being done by the stunt drivers in the opening chase sequence (in a black Ferrari IIRC.)

Lifeforce is def underrated! Very weird and cool.
I just... don't really care for it... lol

Chopping Mall is great fun. And I agree that the genuinely freaky movies like Altered States and Jacobs Ladder do seem to get overlooked. Another really freaky, often overlooked film from an all time great director is the Brood.

But my choice is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Yes, it's a cult classic. But many write it off in comparison to the original film. And treated as a kind of a throwaway. But I think it's brilliantly done. And in fact I actually like it better than the original. So many things are done so well in that movie. It's not a conventional horror film, but you can see its influences in all kinds of places.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back