Spooky time! What are your favorite horror movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gb.jpg

:lol

I love the ending theory for the thing. It makes the movie great. Sad we only have like two movies for it so far

The Thing sort of forces you to rewatch it all, then again more closely.

Blair, you wonder if his forearm ever touches that infected flesh. Or if that pencil eraser ever touched the infected flesh while not within the view of the camera shot, etc. Even some of the comments in the video above are debating those questions.

There was a point when MacReady was outside, everyone was outside with him, and he was the only one with a flamethrower. If he was still human, knowing what we all know as viewers and in hindsight, he might have been better off torching everyone right there. Infected and non infected alike.

What would a sequel look like? That's interesting. Keith David, TK Carter (Nauls) and Kurt Russell are all still alive. I suppose they could find a way to put Mary Elizabeth WInstead into it somehow.

Interesting. I'm sure there are several arguments that can be made against this, but interesting.

The budgetary limitations on this film is another X factor. Did things happen "off screen" for narrative purposes, or was it just too expensive to film given the circumstances and technology, during the time and place of that era of filmmaking.

Another element that I had not considered is what if two different "Things" were actually competing with each other. I.E. there wasn't just motivation to survive and kill humans in it's way, but also kill rival "Things" as well, because they were in the fight for the same limited resources/targets/etc.

Interesting. I'm sure there are several arguments that can be made against this, but interesting.

The budgetary limitations on this film is another X factor. Did things happen "off screen" for narrative purposes, or was it just too expensive to film given the circumstances and technology, during the time and place of that era of filmmaking.

Another element that I had not considered is what if two different "Things" were actually competing with each other. I.E. there wasn't just motivation to survive and kill humans in it's way, but also kill rival "Things" as well, because they were in the fight for the same limited resources/targets/etc.

Very interesting breakdown! I’ve always thought MacReady was the thing at the end.

Back