Your Favorite Horror Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but "Terror Takes Shape" documentary is awesome. :rock

Sure is!

I understand that but to me the acting is mostly awful, characters are unlikable and the villain is pretty surreal.
Also the plot drags like hell with nothing interesting in-between.

Valid points, but I still like it :lol

Love The FLY and THE THING!!! Since we still have two weeks before Halloween I decided not to watch these movies just yet. So this past weekend I watched The Fly 2 and 2010 The Thing. Just to tease!!!

Love The FLY and THE THING!!! Since we still have two weeks before Halloween I decided not to watch these movies just yet. So this past weekend I watched The Fly 2 and 2010 The Thing. Just to tease!!!

Two films that should not of been made :lol

ctyxiI4.jpg

The Fly for me as well, it's expertly crafted in every respect. There's a unique blend of overwhelming sense of dread and sorrow that I don't think any film has depicted this effectively. Even the score has me terrified yet sad at the same time.

Not that I would buy any figures based off this movie though. :lol

The Fly for me as well, it's expertly crafted in every respect. There's a unique blend of overwhelming sense of dread and sorrow that I don't think any film has depicted this effectively. Even the score has me terrified yet sad at the same time.

Not that I would buy any figures based off this movie though. :lol

The McFarlane figure ain't too bad.

chpw4.jpg

But I don't know if I want something that gross displayed on a shelf :lol

The McFarlane figure ain't too bad.

chpw4.jpg

But I don't know if I want something that gross displayed on a shelf :lol

The McFarlane figure holds up well, but I'll never buy horror figures even if Hot Toys does The Fly. To each his own but something about having horror figures on the shelf doesn't sit well with me. :lol

Predator is the exception though. :lecture :lol

The McFarlane figure holds up well, but I'll never buy horror figures even if Hot Toys does The Fly. To each his own but something about having horror figures on the shelf doesn't sit well with me. :lol

Predator is the exception though. :lecture :lol

Really depends on the character for me to want to own and display it. I don't own any horror collectibles at all.

Since it's horror film season, it made me think about my all time favorite horror film. The Fly 1986.

ws9p5e.jpg

Cronenberg's best film IMO. Goldblum's best perfomance. Best execution of makeup I've ever seen. And my favorite Howard Shore soundtrack. I dearly love Alien and The Thing 1982, but The Fly is more compelling to me which is why I rank it as my #1.

That film is so disturbing. After watching it, I never saw Jeff Goldblum the same way. I just see a fly...wearing a leather jacket and glasses :lol

The one where he jumps from roof to roof in awe, kinda like Parker in Raimi's Spider-man.
Such a scene could've been majestic with Cronenberg's vision and Shore's music.

Most likely the budget was too thin for it.

All great movies mentioned. Damn, it's hard to pick. But of all the horror movies I saw at a young age, The Exorcist gave me the most sleepless nights. Even after 40 years, it still holds up very well today.

The Exorcist, 1973.

giphy.gif

Creepy.gif

giphy.gif

That film is so disturbing. After watching it, I never saw Jeff Goldblum the same way. I just see a fly...wearing a leather jacket and glasses :lol

:lol

Yet the most disturbing scene was left out.

And the most awesome one wasn't even filmed I guess.

I wanted to see the scene where he puked on the homeless lady and ate her face :lol

It was scripted, but nothing further.

I wanted to see the scene where he puked on the homeless lady and ate her face :lol
It was scripted, but nothing further.

I'm actually glad it wasn't even considered.
Too much of disturbing and gore would make this into Gordon-Yuzna movie, if you know what I mean...

I'm actually glad it wasn't even considered.
Too much of disturbing and gore would make this into Gordon-Yuzna movie, if you know what I mean...

Well I agree, it would of been too much for the film... although I just wish it made it as a deleted scene.

They did film however, Brundle eating Stathis's foot :lol I've only seen it in the making of video.

Going to watch the Fly again this week-disturbing, surreal, gross and dare I say, a beautiful love story? Saw the Exorcist last night @ Alamo Drafthouse, Richardson, TX-movie still creeps me out. Love so many horror films, that it's hard to pick one favorite. Going to watch the 35th anniversary Blu of Halloween tonight-watch that movie every year around this time. The Shining will be next in the rotation followed by The Thing '82 then the original Hellraiser.
To get back to the Fly, I saw that and Aliens back to back one night in the summer of '86 with a couple of buddies that I grew up with-what a great way to spend 4 plus hours!

Going to watch the Fly again this week-disturbing, surreal, gross and dare I say, a beautiful love story? Saw the Exorcist last night @ Alamo Drafthouse, Richardson, TX-movie still creeps me out. Love so many horror films, that it's hard to pick one favorite. Going to watch the 35th anniversary Blu of Halloween tonight-watch that movie every year around this time. The Shining will be next in the rotation followed by The Thing '82 then the original Hellraiser.
To get back to the Fly, I saw that and Aliens back to back one night in the summer of '86 with a couple of buddies that I grew up with-what a great way to spend 4 plus hours!

4 hours well spent. And you nailed it, it's a very beautiful love story... minus the decaying body parts and fly vomit :lol

Back