Your Favorite Horror Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Since it's horror film season, it made me think about my all time favorite horror film. The Fly 1986.

ws9p5e.jpg

Cronenberg's best film IMO. Goldblum's best perfomance. Best execution of makeup I've ever seen. And my favorite Howard Shore soundtrack. I dearly love Alien and The Thing 1982, but The Fly is more compelling to me which is why I rank it as my #1.

The Fly is so underrated, being released the same year as Aliens hurt it. When the Fly takes the shotgun and levels it at its head...oh man.

I'm also partial to Alien, The Shining and The Thing. But as for my favorite, isn't it obvious? :lol

psychoposter.jpg

The Fly is so underrated, being released the same year as Aliens hurt it.

As for my favorite, isn't it obvious? :lol

:lol obvious indeed.

The gore in the Fly scared a lot of people away, but it eventually found it's audience. But at least it got an Oscar for best makeup.

I don't know if Cronenberg actually penned this, but wow...

"I'm saying... I'm saying I - I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over... and the insect is awake."

Ugh that scene is so friggin depressing, the music building in the background makes you want to kill yourself :lol

Another thing I love about the film is, it's equally a tragic love story as much as a horror film.

It was! Goldblum and Davis were dating at the time. It's too easy to attribute their chemistry on-film to their real-life relationship, but it makes a lot of sense. :lol

I really do have to rewatch The Fly :lol. It's hard for me to pick a favorite horror film. But, my favorite horror series would have to be Ju-On (I loved the first Grudge movie, too, even thought it was panned by critics and movie-goers alike).

The Exorcist for me

kp3wo.gif

I really do have to rewatch The Fly :lol. It's hard for me to pick a favorite horror film. But, my favorite horror series would have to be Ju-On (I loved the first Grudge movie, too, even thought it was panned by critics and movie-goers alike).

I didn't like the original Ju-On and I prefer the American version weirdly. I couldn't get into the original, maybe because I the remake first.

Carpenter's "The Thing". It is perfect. Nothing more to say.

Also never liked "Halloween" and to this day can't understand the praise.

Carpenter's "The Thing". It is perfect. Nothing more to say.

Also never liked "Halloween" and to this day can't understand the praise.

Carpenter's The Thing would be my close #2. Which reminds me, I need to give it a watch soon since it's getting colder out :lol

Did you ever listen to the commentary? It's great.

As for Halloween, not sure what I can say to make you understand. Maybe it's the simplicity of it that people like? That it's more grounded to reality than any other slashers from the 70s and 80s? But those are my reasons for loving it, I'm sure people have different takes on here.

Did you ever listen to the commentary? It's great.
No but "Terror Takes Shape" documentary is awesome. :rock

As for Halloween, not sure what I can say to make you understand. Maybe it's the simplicity of it that people like? That it's more grounded to reality than any other slashers from the 70s and 80s? But those are my reasons for loving it, I'm sure people have different takes on here.
I understand that but to me the acting is mostly awful, characters are unlikable and the villain is pretty surreal.
Also the plot drags like hell with nothing interesting in-between.

Back