My Top 99 films Again..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most epic room eva!

And I agree about Jaws. Its not my Top movie of all time... but its always in my Top 3. Of my Top 3, its the best made film. But its better than most films.

BTW JAWS, top shelf, right side, Bruce eating Quint resin kit -- I have that same model but I had to make my own shark because the one that came with the kit sucked... where did you get that shark to eat Quint? It looks great!!!

Thanks Wor-gar

It came with the kit... I wonder if you got a bad mold or something. I could try and hook you up with the guy I got it from.. he did not mold it but knew someone who could so he was the middle man for me. I?ve sold and bought from him a few times so he seems trustworthy.

It?s a great list, and almost identical to mine 90%, although very different order.

But what is unforgivable, and I cannot agree or resolve in that list.......

Back to the Future in the 40?s.

That?s a crime.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Wor-gar

It came with the kit... I wonder if you got a bad mold or something. I could try and hook you up with the guy I got it from.. he did not mold it but knew someone who could so he was the middle man for me. I?ve sold and bought from him a few times so he seems trustworthy.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just realized that is the adegregorio kit and not the kit I got back in 1998 or 1999. Same moment in the movie, two different garage kits. So that explains the shark. From afar it looks very similar.

Last edited:
Ok I get the rewatchability part.. I mean that is how a film I love gets t be an all time classic 10/10

But you have the PT on this list.. And while I find them rewatchable because.. Well SW.. You have that whole Love thing you mentioned in there also..

So either you are cheating on me with the PT or you have to rethink you list

:lol :lol :lol

I honestly don't know what to do with the PT on lists like these. They're so frustrating on so many levels. Tainting the backstory of iconic characters, dated low res CGI, awful writing and acting throughout, very static cinematography. The production design, sound effects and music really do carry all three films (kind of like Batman 89, lol.)

But for all their faults I sure watch the hell out of them, lol. I remember being so disgusted with AOTC when it came out but then when the DVD's for FOTR EE and AOTC came out on the exact same day I called in sick from work, ran to Wherehouse, Inc in the morning, picked up both DVD sets and promptly returned home to watch...AOTC. :duh

I literally watched Attack of the dumbass Clones *again* when I had the option to instead watch NEW FOTR footage. Who does that? SW is clearly an illness. :lol

At the end of the day the prequels do pretty much suck but if I'm stuck on a desert island I'm still choosing them over the vast majority of 10/10 films, lol.

I honestly don't know what to do with the PT on lists like these. They're so frustrating on so many levels. Tainting the backstory of iconic characters, dated low res CGI, awful writing and acting throughout, very static cinematography. The production design, sound effects and music really do carry all three films (kind of like Batman 89, lol.)

But for all their faults I sure watch the hell out of them, lol. I remember being so disgusted with AOTC when it came out but then when the DVD's for FOTR EE and AOTC came out on the exact same day I called in sick from work, ran to Wherehouse, Inc in the morning, picked up both DVD sets and promptly returned home to watch...AOTC. :duh

I literally watched Attack of the dumbass Clones *again* when I had the option to instead watch NEW FOTR footage. Who does that? SW is clearly an illness. :lol

At the end of the day the prequels do pretty much suck but if I'm stuck on a desert island I'm still choosing them over the vast majority of 10/10 films, lol.

Im with you to some extent.. They are SW films after all... I have probably seen all the PT films 10 or more times.. Rewatchability is a must for my list also. But I have to include what films I like better when making the list. So while I can watch Tron on any given day I don't like it as much as the other films on the list and so it misses the cut but that could change in three years :lol

I could never make a list that was best movies ever from a critical standpoint.. My snob-o-meter would make my head explode.

But hey its your list so who am I to say anything.

I will make fun of you behind your back though.

Last edited:
It?s a great list, and almost identical to mine 90%, although very different order.

But what is unforgivable, and I cannot agree or resolve in that list.......

Back to the Future in the 40?s.

That?s a crime.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its still a five star all time classic though.. :)

Im with you to some extent.. They are SW films after all... I have probably seen all the PT films 10 or more times.. Rewatchability is a must for my list also. But I have to include what films I like better when making the list. So while I can watch Tron on any given day I don't like it as much as the other films on the list and so it misses the cut but that could change in three years :lol

I could never make a list that was best movies ever from a critical standpoint.. My snob-o-meter would make my head explode.

But hey its your list so who am I to say anything.

I will make fun of you behind your back though.

The only way you could get me to watch the PT that many times....

Screenshot_2020-11-24 (1) Pinterest.jpeg

And Nicholson. Kind of like Robert Shaw in Jaws....SHAWS. :lol

Hmm. They wouldn't make my list. I haven't wittled this down to 100 but this is what I'd be choosing from of films that I saw in my library - it might give others some ideas. Alternatively it will spark outrage at what's not there - such as the Godfather movies or Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Citizen Kane, Apocalypse Now etc etc. Films that I either haven't seen at all or in so many years that I remember little about them and so can't honestly say they're favourites of mine - meanwhile a film like The Day After Tomorrow makes my list as a guilty pleasure type - or U-571 but no Das Boot.

So, a lot more than 100 here and in no particular order at this time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Needless to say given the forum we're on - sci-fi, superheroes and geek movies generally hold a great deal of sway with me

Last edited:
So, a lot more than 100 here and in no particular order at this time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Needless to say given the forum we're on - sci-fi, superheroes and geek movies generally hold a great deal of sway with me

Nice list... Without question if my list went beyond 99 many of those films would be on mine.

Forgot the Lord of the Rings movies - although I don't watch them often.

Also 12 Years a Slave, Amistad, BlacKkKlansman and Mississippi Burning - all of a related theme - are good and should have been on my 100+ list. Maybe Lincoln aswell for Day Lewis's performance.

Me being me though, many of the loftier and more respected films would probably get bumped from my top 99 in favour of sci-fi/action franchise installments :lol

Last edited:
Forgot the Lord of the Rings movies - although I don't watch them often.

Also 12 Years a Slave, Amistad, BlacKkKlansman and Mississippi Burning - all of a related theme - are good and should have been on my 100+ list. Maybe Lincoln aswell for Day Lewis's performance.

Me being me though, many of the loftier and more respected films would probably get bumped from my top 99 in favour of sci-fi/action franchise installments :lol

Yeah some of those films you listed are way to heavy for me to ever have on my top list.

Like you I tend to go with Horror, Sci/Fi, Action as my go too genres.. With some Crime, War and Westerns thrown in for good measure. :)

I'm betraying my age with this comment, but I find it telling that (with the exception of shells075's) these lists barely acknowledge the existence of movies prior to 1970. While recognizing these lists are personal favorites as opposed to best lists (and if I made one it would be mostly comprised of the same films already named), there are older films that would always make my list. Movies like Bonnie and Clyde, The Hustler, The Cincinnati Kid, Cool Hand Luke, The Manchurian Candidate, Von Ryan's Express, The Third Man, Dr. Strangelove, Rear Window, King Kong, Frankenstein and Casablanca. And a few "newer" (Ha!) thrillers/mysteries like The Day Of The Jackal (1973), Three Days Of The Condor and House Of Games would also make my list. Of course I say this without actually having to limit myself to 100 films. :lol

I'm betraying my age with this comment, but I find it telling that (with the exception of shells075's) these lists barely acknowledge the existence of movies prior to 1970. While recognizing these lists are personal favorites as opposed to best lists (and if I made one it would be mostly comprised of the same films already named), there are older films that would always make my list. Movies like Bonnie and Clyde, The Hustler, The Cincinnati Kid, Cool Hand Luke, The Manchurian Candidate, Von Ryan's Express, The Third Man, Dr. Strangelove, Rear Window, King Kong, Frankenstein and Casablanca. And a few "newer" (Ha!) thrillers/mysteries like The Day Of The Jackal (1973), Three Days Of The Condor and House Of Games would also make my list. Of course I say this without actually having to limit myself to 100 films. :lol

A shot in the Dark was in the 60's right.

I am a huge fan of The Marx Brothers, Abbot and Costello, James Cagney, King Kong and the old Universal horror films especially The Creature from the black Lagoon. Love Rey Harryhausen films also.. I love older musicals also. West Side Story, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Sound of Music, and Singing in the Rain..

I dont know why they dont make my top 100 but they don't.. I just don't return to them as much as the others on my list.. Though I do watch King Kong Every Thanksgiving.

I use to love Bonnie and Clyde but have not watched that in years.. I actually watched Cool Hand Luke for the first time last year... And I didnt love it :( whats up with that?

A shot in the Dark was in the 60's right.

I am a huge fan of The Marx Brothers, Abbot and Costello, James Cagney, King Kong and the old Universal horror films especially The Creature from the black Lagoon. Love Rey Harryhausen films also.. I love older musicals also. West Side Story, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Sound of Music, and Singing in the Rain..

I dont know why they dont make my top 100 but they don't.. I just don't return to them as much as the others on my list.. Though I do watch King Kong Every Thanksgiving.

I use to love Bonnie and Clyde but have not watched that in years.. I actually watched Cool Hand Luke for the first time last year... And I didnt love it :( whats up with that?

I think it's simply a case of my being just enough older than most of you where I watched those movies during my formative years, just before Jaws and the advent of the summer blockbusters, SFX, etc., so they always come to mind first when I think of great or favorite films. I grew up in Chicago and can remember watching many of those on WGN (pre-cable, mind you) on school nights at 10:30pm after the late news, with the sound turned down low because my parents thought I was sleeping. :lol

I think it's simply a case of my being just enough older than most of you where I watched those movies during my formative years, just before Jaws and the advent of the summer blockbusters, SFX, etc., so they always come to mind first when I think of great or favorite films. I grew up in Chicago and can remember watching many of those on WGN (pre-cable, mind you) on school nights at 10:30pm after the late news, with the sound turned down low because my parents thought I was sleeping. :lol

Yeah.. I am a few years younger then you.. 49 1/2 yrs of age.

Much of my love for the older horror was Saturday afternoon Monster Movie Matinee. My fondness for Cagney and Musicals came from my Mom and I discovered the Marx Brothers when I was much older.

I was 4 and 6 when JAWS and SW came out.. Things were never the same after those :)

Yeah.. I am a few years younger then you.. 49 1/2 yrs of age.

Much of my love for the older horror was Saturday afternoon Monster Movie Matinee. My fondness for Cagney and Musicals came from my Mom and I discovered the Marx Brothers when I was much older.

I was 4 and 6 when JAWS and SW came out.. Things were never the same after those :)

Yes, Saturday monster movies! It was called Creature Features on WGN back in the 1970s. You mentioned Abbott & Costello earlier; A & C Meet Frankenstein was always a fun watch.

And yes, I think Jaws & SW changed movies for everyone going forward...

Back