Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my WW today and she looks amazing, and in hand the likeness is absolutely spot on. Although it's definitely a frustrating figure to find a good pose for with that solid torso and sculpted hair getting in the way. And even with the silicone arms and legs I'd still be nervous leaving this in a super dynamic pose for an extended period, so not sure how much benefit that really is.

View attachment 625878

View attachment 625877

View attachment 625879
how does she look with the JL harness and sword ..that’s my next step when I get her..has to be the most screen accurate with this figure right?

Everyone is saying it looks like Gal in-hand. I really do hope it is simply a case of the sculpt not being photogenic. Cant wait to see it in person. Also... in the 2nd and 3rd photo, the left side (the figure's right side), it looks like a piece of the skirt is missing (the most under piece)...
Wow, good eye. That must have fallen off at some point. I'll need to look around for it when I get home later.

how does she look with the JL harness and sword ..that’s my next step when I get her..has to be the most screen accurate with this figure right?
I don't have the JL figure but I seem to remember Justin trying that out in his review and it fit perfectly fine, except for the fact the lasso clip got in the way.

Got my WW figure in today. Really, really happy with it. I'll try not to make this too long winded so I'll hit some of the major points.

1. You can put this new head sculpt on the original JL body and it looks great, the skin tone difference is barely noticeable, so if you are reading this topic and thinking you are happy with the current figure but just want a better sculpt, it's worth keeping an eye on Toy Anxiety/Ebay and just sourcing the head sculpt.
  2. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I am not a materials expert so I could be wrong, but the silicone skin is pretty firm and not what I would consider to be the good posing soft kind. There is a possibility that this could tear down the line. However, the trade off that is really nice is that they have a bit of a skin pattern on the silicone that does look really realistic compared to your standard TBL/Phicen bodies.
  3. Sword/shield/belts work completely fine with the new figure, only issue is the two different lasso holders overlap each other.
  4. The new lasso holder is a lot better than the original JL one, the pin is a lot thicker and catches the material well.
  5. Despite all the sculpted hair, it's actually not problematic to move the head around for posing, they used a nice soft plastic and have a bit of a gap between the hair and body.

MISC:
  1. The body has good balance for posing with the new weight.
  2. I never noticed this, but the hands that come with the JL figure are really dainty. The new ones make the old ones look tiny.
    1677795239764.png
JL Body with new head:
1677795296532.png

1677795334695.png

WW84 figure with JL accessories:
1677795385366.png

1677795445871.png

Last edited:
Received my HT Wonder Woman 1984 today from Sideshow and immediately converted it over to a BvS/JL look using all the armor from the HT JL version. I really loved the sculpted hair, proportions and body advancements on this new 84 WW, but did not like the candy color costume at all. So I set about doing a costume swap. Took a lot of tiny mods to make work, but this was the ideal Gadot WW I wanted in my collection. I'll post a few how to mods in a follow up post.

DSCF4159.jpg

DSCF4368-1.jpg

Some tips on my WW 84 to JL/BvS conversion. The tiara from the JL version is a separate soft plastic piece that can be removed carefully with tweezers to be used on the new 84 headsculpt. I actually prefer the new more metallic tiara, but it's too gold and pristine. So I may weather it a bit to swap out this JL one.

DSCF4189.jpg

IMG_7471.JPG

Likewise, I was bothered by the 84 giraffe neck, so I removed the inner socket from the head and to allow the head to sit substantially lower on the neck, the silicone neck has a lot of grip so that head isn't going anywhere even without the socket. Plus, it can always be reinstalled. The pic below shows the unmodified neck on the left, and the new lowered head on the right.

DSCF4333.jpg

DSCF4206.jpg

Some tips on my WW 84 to JL/BvS conversion. The tiara from the JL version is a separate soft plastic piece that can be removed carefully with tweezers to be used on the new 84 headsculpt. I actually prefer the new more metallic tiara, but it's too gold and pristine. So I may weather it a bit to swap out this JL one.

View attachment 626112

View attachment 626113

Likewise, I was bothered by the 84 giraffe neck, so I removed the inner socket from the head and to allow the head to sit substantially lower on the neck, the silicone neck has a lot of grip so that head isn't going anywhere even without the socket. Plus, it can always be reinstalled. The pic below shows the unmodified neck on the left, and the new lowered head on the right.

View attachment 626114

View attachment 626115
Thanks for all the tips. I'm not committed to doing it yet, but I may one day... What's your process for removing the armor from both figures? Is it pretty straightforward? Because I really like your JL/BVS armor swap onto the new body.

Thanks for all the tips. I'm not committed to doing it yet, but I may one day... What's your process for removing the armor from both figures? Is it pretty straightforward? Because I really like your JL/BVS armor swap onto the new body.
It's tedious, but worth it, in my opinion. The torso pops apart just above the hips. But the silicone material is really thick and prevents the JL corset from slipping on, so some of it has to be trimmed away, particularly the upper ribs and breasts. Just have to be careful not to trim anything that would be visible once assemebled.

So this one really does look more like her in hand then eh? Well crap I may need it now.

Because that head is going to be expensive.

So this one really does look more like her in hand then eh? Well crap I may need it now.

Because that head is going to be expensive.
It's still not quite there but it's significantly better the JL and BVS and presents really well. The rooted golden armor one is still really solid I think, maybe better than this one, I don't own it so I've only seen pictures.

Received my HT Wonder Woman 1984 today from Sideshow and immediately converted it over to a BvS/JL look using all the armor from the HT JL version. I really loved the sculpted hair, proportions and body advancements on this new 84 WW, but did not like the candy color costume at all. So I set about doing a costume swap. Took a lot of tiny mods to make work, but this was the ideal Gadot WW I wanted in my collection. I'll post a few how to mods in a follow up post.

View attachment 626110

View attachment 626111
Awesome!! I was hoping this was possible. I much prefer the muted colors of the BvS armor and wanted to do this swap. I'd love more information on how you did it. Did you have to trim the new silicone body to fit in the old armor, or did you trim the armor?

Got mine in today. She's heavy! The silicone body seems durable and the proportions are great. The head sculpt was better in person, but I still prefer the Golden Armor sculpt. Here's how she looks with the swapped out head!

Attachments

• 20230303_015132.jpg
    20230303_015132.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230303_015418.jpg
    20230303_015418.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230303_020545.jpg
    20230303_020545.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230303_020623.jpg
    20230303_020623.jpg
  • 20230303_020857.jpg
    20230303_020857.jpg
  • 20230303_021015.jpg
    20230303_021015.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230303_021033.jpg
    20230303_021033.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Got mine in today. She's heavy! The silicone body seems durable and the proportions are great. The head sculpt was better in person, but I still prefer the Golden Armor sculpt. Here's how she looks with the swapped out head!
This is what I wanted to see!
Thank you so much for the pics!! Lookin really good.

If you don't mind, how does it look like with the custom WW head, the one you used for the Golden Armor version?

Awesome!! I was hoping this was possible. I much prefer the muted colors of the BvS armor and wanted to do this swap. I'd love more information on how you did it. Did you have to trim the new silicone body to fit in the old armor, or did you trim the armor?
It was fairly straight forward. I popped the torso off, which separates at the waist (The green line below), then had to trim down some of the silicone to squeeze it into the corset armor (the red dotted line below). Just have to be careful not to cut away anything that might be exposed. So I just went slowly, test fitting as I went. Theoretically one could interchange the armor back to the 84 set, because everything trimmed down is hidden under either set of armor. But The surface of the silicone is delicate and I wouldn't want to create impressions or divots mucking about too much. I did end up flattening the top of the neck joint ball, and trimming away some excess silicone on the neck to allow the head to sit lower while still utilizing the head's neck connector. This is hidden entirely under the head.

DSCF4389-3.jpg

Yeah that is still clearly the much better sculpt. Think I might have to do some switching around with mine as well-- put the GA head on the 84, the 84 on my BVS, and pick up a knockoff GA to put under the helmet of that figure.

Still not sure which is the best one to go with though, TTToys or NRToys? Or is there no real discernable difference?

The way this body material folds and bends is actually quite nice, especially at the elbows. It creates a pretty realistic shape unlike a tbleague which just looks like a gumby mess when you bend too much.

That combination looks amazing! I wish I could source one of those heads, they are really hard to find. I'd probably be inclined to put it on this figure and use this head on the JL figure.

Back