Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At last I have my ideal DC trinity. Too many mods, customs, and tweaks to mention. But it really nails the look I want. This new WW body and sculpt were the last pieces I was waiting on.

DSCF4519-0.jpg

At last I have my ideal DC trinity. Too many mods, customs, and tweaks to mention. But it really nails the look I want. This new WW body and sculpt were the last pieces I was waiting on.

View attachment 626630
The way you got the head to sit lower makes such a huge difference; before I had even read how you achieved it, it was obvious to me from your photos that something was dramatically better.

So I tried it myself, the original BvS armor. I switched out all the armor, armband, bracers, & tiara. I didn't have to modify the body, just carefully squeezed the upper body into the corset. I also removed the plug in the head so it would sit lower. The only issue I ahve is she shows a little cheek in the back, but that was an issue I had with the original body.
The armor is a little bit shorter than the 84 armor, but I prefer the muted colors.

IMG_3162.jpeg
IMG_3163.jpeg

I like having options.
Ha same! I'll buy accessories from other/previous versions of the same character just to have in case I want to display "my version" with other items from those other figures.
So a question, anyone ever experience staining with the black wool coat from the JL set?
If you haven't already, I would suggest lightly hand washing the black coat from the JL set to help remove any excess dye from the robe so that you then don't have to worry about staining the body. I do this with all my jedi cloaks b/c those are notorious for having too much dye in the clothing that could bleed onto the head and/or hands.

Looks great mate!

For some odd reason, mine with the JL armor mod shows cheek on the same side! The gauntlets on these earlier figures are miles better IMHO than the thicker chunky ones with the 84 release. They just scale so much better.

That's odd that your armor sits lower than the JL armor I used. I thought they were the same mold. It might be that after I trimmed some silicone off the torso that I was able to push the corset a bit higher?

So I tried it myself, the original BvS armor. I switched out all the armor, armband, bracers, & tiara. I didn't have to modify the body, just carefully squeezed the upper body into the corset. I also removed the plug in the head so it would sit lower. The only issue I ahve is she shows a little cheek in the back, but that was an issue I had with the original body.
The armor is a little bit shorter than the 84 armor, but I prefer the muted colors.

View attachment 626716View attachment 626718

Last edited:
The way you got the head to sit lower makes such a huge difference; before I had even read how you achieved it, it was obvious to me from your photos that something was dramatically better.
Thanks man. I've been tweaking it quite a bit. Before I had just removed the plug all together, but I wanted that secure connection that the ball and socket offers. So after I removed the plug from within the head, I sanded down the top (that pushes up against the head) so it can sit deeper in said head. This meant that I had to sand down the ball joint on the neck, so it too could sit deeper along with the plug. So the flat part of the ball, is flush against the top of the socket. Then I removed a small amount of silicone from the top of the neck so it wouldn't push the back head up. Between all of this, I was able to remove the giraffe neck look while still keeping the ball/socket function of the joint. The plug is still removable, so I can always add some material to get the height back if I want it later. Though I doubt I will.

Hopefully this is helpful to those who want to do the same. It's a pretty easy mod, just need sandpaper (or a dremel) and an exacto knife.

Here's the modded neck and modded socket from within the head.

IMG_7570.JPG

Here's the end result. (I also weathered the 84 tiara and armband to work with the JL armor, since the new tiara is much more accurately sized/shaped)

IMG_7574.JPG

Thanks man. I've been tweaking it quite a bit. Before I had just removed the plug all together, but I wanted that secure connection that the ball and socket offers. So after I removed the plug from within the head, I sanded down the top (that pushes up against the head) so it can sit deeper in said head. This meant that I had to sand down the ball joint on the neck, so it too could sit deeper along with the plug. So the flat part of the ball, is flush against the top of the socket. Then I removed a small amount of silicone from the top of the neck so it wouldn't push the back head up. Between all of this, I was able to remove the giraffe neck look while still keeping the ball/socket function of the joint. The plug is still removable, so I can always add some material to get the height back if I want it later. Though I doubt I will.

Hopefully this is helpful to those who want to do the same. It's a pretty easy mod, just need sandpaper (or a dremel) and an exacto knife.

Here's the modded neck and modded socket from within the head.

View attachment 626860

Here's the end result. (I also weathered the 84 tiara and armband to work with the JL armor, since the new tiara is much more accurately sized/shaped)

View attachment 626861
Really nice work. Yeah, looks great!

It's funny to me that Hot Toys has this promo video bragging about what an incredible job they did and the 'finely tuned body' - which shows that they're obviously very proud of this release - but yet missed something so glaringly obvious as having the head sit impossibly high up from the shoulders.

I picked up the black suit Black Widow from her solo film recently and she has the opposite issue - where she could actually stand to have a longer neck. Really had to cheat the head up to just barely sit on the neck post for most of my photos to get something I thought looked right.

She arrived from Sideshow yesterday. And I’m quite smitten.

Her skirt seems almost papery. It LOOKS fantastic—but I worry about it a bit for the long term.

Otherwise she’s solid as a rock.

On mine, her head doesn’t seem to sit as overly high as appears in other shots I’ve seen.

I really dig the silver on the gauntlets. POPS!

Some quick and dirty’s:

Gal Damn it!!!! I wasnt going to pre order this and now that I've got the Dark Knight Batman re-release, Batman Begins reissue, Batman Suicide Squad version, 1989 Batman and The Batman 2020 I'm feeling broke !!!! Such a fantastic sculpt and body.....I caved in and put in a pre order. Can't wait!!!

I’m waiting for my points to order her asap. I love the sculpted hair vs the rooted so this one and training armor are it from HT for me. Unless inart actually does this.

Last edited:
So mine arrived while I was out of town. I had to take her out of the box and take a few pics today.

First impressions are that yeah, everyone is right about how heavy she is, it is quite startling.

I am really happy with the overall appearance of this figure. Even though I do prefer the muted tones of the Justice League outfit, in hand the colors on this version are more impressive than I thought they would be.

As far as the headsculpt is concerned, it looks really good. I would not give it anything higher than a 7.5 as far as likeness to Gal Gadot is concerned BUT to me it does very much look like Wonder Woman if that makes any sense.

Excellent figure overall, no regrets here. Her neck may be a little long but, it doesn’t bother me like I thought it would. I do however wish her arms went down a bit more closer to her sides. But I think these are minor nitpicks when considering this version of Wonder Woman overall.

I bought a JL sword, shield, and strap about a year ago for her …wish I could remember where I put them now 😂

So these pics are indoors in my home office but only the natural light from the windows are used:

Attachments

• E48B2DC0-84B0-4E84-B29D-1D9A44228E2C.jpeg
    E48B2DC0-84B0-4E84-B29D-1D9A44228E2C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2E98FCCD-BA68-430D-848C-D340E5D03E9B.jpeg
    2E98FCCD-BA68-430D-848C-D340E5D03E9B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 5EED8DB5-6996-4DDB-8851-D1B58B4DB020.jpeg
    5EED8DB5-6996-4DDB-8851-D1B58B4DB020.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • A0701554-C768-442F-9F9F-26F1C5A90461.jpeg
    A0701554-C768-442F-9F9F-26F1C5A90461.jpeg