What's the general consensus with ARROW?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it any good?

I've heard how they're gonna introduce flash in this very show. Those that have seen it, can it work? WB are working towards the justice league with MOS and it's sequel, with a vague outline saying the flash will get its own movie as well and lead into JL.

To my understanding, that means the flash getting his own series off of his appearance from arrow would suggest flash, along with arrow, are going to be in the same universe as MoS....right?

The Flash in Arrow? To me, somebody having actual superhuman powers would feel weird in this show.

IMO it's the same quality as those fan videos on youtube like the Batman VS Deadpool etc. Which is to say entertaining for about 5 mins here and there and than an exhausting depressing 25 mins of trying to watch people who can't act, acting out dialogue written by young fanboys.

Problem is most people I meet who say Smallville or this is amazing haven't seen any HBO or AMC programming which is in my mind, the standard.

The nature of these shows virtually excludes them from ever being on the same level as an original series aimed at adults. I dig me some superhero stories, but they're basically wish fullfillment at their core. They can't get too deep into real human experience before shedding the superhero pretense.

The best way to describe the show is Gossip Girl with a superhero lead. The show can be entertaining whenever it focuses on him being Arrow or the island flashbacks, but so much of it is wasted on the needless teen soap opera crap that it can be a chore to sit through.

The best way to describe the show is Gossip Girl with a superhero lead. The show can be entertaining whenever it focuses on him being Arrow or the island flashbacks, but so much of it is wasted on the needless teen soap opera crap that it can be a chore to sit through.

This is my only issue with the show.

At times it seems like they want to make a strong vigilante TV show then other weeks, its like a tween drama. I have never seen such a confused/not on the same page creative/writing team. I like the suit design (although I think he needs a mask rather than green mascara) I like the characterization for Ollie and I like the back story on the island. I even like the character of the sister, mom, and stepdad, as well as the friends, but then it got all angsty, and a few episodes are straight up soap opera type crap. I have a feeling if you check into the writers, you'll see the same names conicide on the tween drama episodes. :lol

Characterizations are pretty good. I kinda like how they did Huntress and Deathstroke. Mind you I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on their comic book histories, but they're not Smallville Hawkman :lol.

Back