What Happens When Ten Young Individuals Watch HALLOWEEN For The First Time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivek

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ha. I liked this line in particular:

I know that I'm getting old because I remember a time when watching TV was a sign of having a ****ty attention span, and now nobody seems to have the attention span required to watch TV.

What Happens When Ten Young ******** Watch HALLOWEEN For The First Time? | Badass Digest

There is a whole generation of people, many among them probably don't know what it is to watch a movie for 2 hours, without fiddling with their precious phones for every few minutes.

Most have grown accustomed to watch movies passively like listening to music while performing other tasks, which works for music not movies.

Okay I read the article and the comments.

The worst thing about this whole thing is not even the 10 people that watched it, but the message this sends out.
Those people are stupid sure, But this just means hollywood is going to get even dumber... (I know it sounds impossible to get dumber than what they are doing now...but it will)

What this tells me is that they are going to start making movies even dumber now. And this only proves that there is not a lot of an audience for good horror movies anymore.... those days are gone

I was born in '88, but I was raised on 70s and 80s horror. Even today, I'd pick a gem from this time period to watch instead of the ***** Hollywood churns out.

Who cares what other people think ?. Everything has it's own fan base, I'm not into Star Wars but I wouldn't expect people to gasp and be amazed if I randomly decided to look at my phone during a certain scene.

Who cares what other people think ?. Everything has it's own fan base, I'm not into Star Wars but I wouldn't expect people to gasp and be amazed if I randomly decided to look at my phone during a certain scene.

because if enough people are like this studios take notice and movies like Halloween won't probably get made.

look at Paranormal Activity or Twilight (Twilight is not horror... Im just making a point)

Those two are pretty bad franchises but they define what is made next because of the amount of people that saw them. How many twilight copycats have you seen already? everyone is doing it now.

Like I said, these 10 specific guys, who cares, yeah no one does. But the problem is bigger than just 10 idiots.

I love Halloween, I believe it's a classic, but I can totally see where someone younger might not be into or even think it's campy. It is very slow, the acting is far from great and both Annie and Lynda's death scenes are a bit silly (the expression on Annie's face when she dies is borderline cartoonish). There are a lot of old horror movies we consider classics that we probably wouldn't had we not grown up on them.

I love Halloween, I believe it's a classic, but I can totally see where someone younger might not be into or even think it's campy. It is very slow, the acting is far from great and both Annie and Lynda's death scenes are a bit silly (the expression on Annie's face when she dies is borderline cartoonish). There are a lot of old horror movies we consider classics that we probably wouldn't had we not grown up on them.

well if you think about it Paranormal activity is slow too and the acting is atrocious. I mean, really those movies are pretty bad too but they make money and people like them.

So it's not being slow, Strangers is really slow too and kids seemed to LOVE that one...:dunno

Yeah, I kinda feel this way, too. My love of say Friday the 13th stems from watching it in my early teens (and with no prior exposure really to horror) but I'd hardly expect young adults who grew up on Hostel, Saw and much gorier films to be terrified of Jason as represented in II - IV. Just too tame, relatively poor SFX compared to now and borderline to terrible acting. I think same can be said of Halloween. Myers is a great achetype but the movie is no longer horrifying to new audiences. Just saw the original The Thing for the first time a week or two ago and that to me is an example of a horror movie that has aged better than a lot of the slasher films.

This is just the way it is. If you don't grow up with these films they don't impress now. I remember showing my ex Jaws, she had never seen it in full. Didn't do anything for her. To me that it just mind-boggling.

Back