What are the chances of a Hot Toys Nolan-verse Ra's Al Ghul?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For $80, I'd be down for at least one, if the quality is real good.

I'd even be tempted to go for 2 or 3 of them...

Looks as there isnt that much interest, or people simplydont lookin this thread anymore. I talked tothe 3D guy. He will do the 3D model over the next two weeks - for free. When there is something to show people might be more interested I think. :)

Awesome! Yeah I don't think many people are looking at this thread expecting to read something about a ninja outfit being offered!

Once you have the pics you should start an interest thread, i'm sure there will be more interest :)

I always come into this thread when there's an update on the hope that either someone has some info on an actual Ra's al Ghul figure or (more likely) someone offers up a good custom. I'd probably go for the armour set if i had the money, just to make a League ninja. I loved the design of them, down to little things like the submachine gun and ninja sword. Mixing the traditional with modern.
If i have the money when these are done i may be down for one, but in the long run, for Ra's al Ghul i'd rather make one from the end of the film. Just need a decent looking head. :(

i emailed them to ask them about making one
but they just said they would pass it on to their design team :gah:
they make a swenny todd but no ras :gah::dunno

Last edited:
i emailed them to ask them about making one
but they just said they would pass it on to their design team :gah:
they make a swenny todd but no ras :gah::dunno

I think thats the standard response from Hot Toys when people ask them to make certain characters. I dont expect to see Ra's done. Would be a great surprise, and i'd welcome it, but i doubt it'd happen. Whats weird is that i wasnt quite as bothered by a Ra's al Ghul until i got scarecrow. I would have bought him if it was was released but wasnt too fussed, but now its like i really want one. So been looking into just customising one. Not sure how to go about the head though.

Looks as there isnt that much interest, or people simplydont lookin this thread anymore. I talked tothe 3D guy. He will do the 3D model over the next two weeks - for free. When there is something to show people might be more interested I think. :)

Wait, what does this have to do with a 3D Printer? Isn't a ninja outfit primarily just tailoring - fabric and leather?

I'd be interested. I think you should make a separate thread in the customs section, more people will see it that way.

Just another quick mock-up:
Ras.jpg

Will definitely get this esp. if this 2 costumes will be package as one like just like a DX. :pray:

I happened to run into my 3D guy today and we drank a coffe together. We finally agreed on a deal for some awesome projects. First one will be the Ninja amor including the gauntlets. However the project will only come to life if I get about 100 orders. Price would be around 80$ (its just a direction) in that case with a deposit of 10-20 as I will have to pay the production up front...

He told me he would be willing to do it for 50 people too but price would be significantly more... Pretty easy calculation. The more people order, the cheaper it will be.

I am not really sure if people would pay this... On the other hand we would need just 50 people who want to order 2 for Bruce and Ras or 25 who order 4 for Bruce, Ras and 2 extra Ninjas... At least I would be in for 4 (what an awesome display with my Watanabe Ras in center :rock ) :lol

What do you guys think? Worth an interest thread? We can make this happen!

Please count me in for 2 sets,thanks!

as I've already GOT a ninja bruce, I'd be in for the armor to make him complete. What about his sword? you gonna make those too?

No sword yet as I wanted to keep the price as low as possible. Gauntlets and armor are the only piece you cannot kitbash. There are some nice swords out there from these Ninja figures... But if there is enough interest we can always go the expensive route. Its Batman.

I'd be interested. I think you should make a separate thread in the customs section, more people will see it that way.

Will do when I have the 3D graphic. I believe people will be more interested if they have something to look at. :wink1:

I just found a custom Scarecrow on eBay for ~$200 and am DESPERATELY in need of a Ra's al Ghul. Has anyone sculpted facial hair onto that Headplay sculpt? What other heads are out there?

There have been a couple of really good Ras sculpts in the past.
I have the awesome Susala sculpt (though need to find someone to paint it for me) but I don't think it's available anymore.....
rasnew.jpg

But a Hot Toys Ras is still something I'm really hoping for. Maybe, just maybe, they might give us one someday!!

^ Very interested to see how that turns out! It's a great sculpt but I've yet to see any paintjobs done on it....

Back