Hot Toys The Batman figure wishlist/predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Bat and Cat for me, so I'll have room for the sequel characters like Mr. Freeze, Superman (Matt Reeves mentioned him) or Battinson with new suit.
Some nerd said Taylor Lautner will be Robin.

From HT- Riddler and Selena are the most likely if at all.

I’d want Penguin and Gordon as well but I see SooSoo taking care of them most likely

Despite how much money this movie is going to make, I can see Hot Toys moving on to Marvel/Star Wars right away after having made just Batman. (Then returning to make Flash and Keaton Batman from Flash's film.)

But if they do decide to make more from The Batman, I'd think Catwoman and Riddler would be the limit for them. I could see Penguin coming with his TV show where he'll probably develop more of his iconic look.

Reeves has stated that this movie doesn't show Catwoman and Penguin really, but you can see the seeds of the characters they'll become. So it would make sense to hold off on a Penguin until his final form, as I doubt a lot of collectors would want two fairly similar Oswalds on their shelf.

Despite how much money this movie is going to make, I can see Hot Toys moving on to Marvel/Star Wars right away after having made just Batman. (Then returning to make Flash and Keaton Batman from Flash's film.)

But if they do decide to make more from The Batman, I'd think Catwoman and Riddler would be the limit for them. I could see Penguin coming with his TV show where he'll probably develop more of his iconic look.

Reeves has stated that this movie doesn't show Catwoman and Penguin really, but you can see the seeds of the characters they'll become. So it would make sense to hold off on a Penguin until his final form, as I doubt a lot of collectors would want two fairly similar Oswalds on their shelf.
I agree with you, I doubt they'll go past Riddler and Catwoman.
No Way Home has made $1.9b and HT have gone pretty light with the figures so far.

Now that the movie is out and basic Hot Toys figures run about $275 these days, what characters are you interested in seeing made?

-The Riddler. He’s at the top of my list because he’s likely the one main character least likely to appear in another film or TV series. He was a great new take on the character and I’d like to see him with the opening murder weapon, Suzy tapthumb drive, neck bomb, phone, question mark coffee, and alternate unmasked head. Most of his accessories are small but he may still come in at $300 if they do an unmasked head. I’d like for him to come with the rest of the riddle cards not coming with other figures. Each figure coming with a riddle would be a nice way to tie everyone together.

Would third party figures be the way to go on some figures?
I think these are the important qualifiers for me. Despite how much I absolutely loved the movie, and despite how much I want a 1/6 Riddler from the film, I don’t think I’d get it from Hot Toys. I’m not really interested in waiting a year and a half to two years for a $300+ figure after tax and shipping. If a third party were to do it for under $200 within a year? All over that. At the moment I think I’m gonna try to bash together a Riddler, more fun that way and the costume is simple enough.

I would put Gordon at the top of the list, but yeah, that's really it. I wouldn't complain if a third party got us Carmine, but no need for HT to do him.
For me, Gordon was such an integral part of the film and yeah, I’d love to see him. Especially seeing how much progress they’ve made in terms of tailoring with figures like Loki and President Loki. If they maintained the quality of the Batman, I’d love to see Gordon, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, and, honestly, if they wanted to do a TF Exclusive Arkham Riddler in the same vain of the old Suicide Squad Joker as opposed to providing a maskless sculpt, I wouldn’t be opposed.

A Batman and Gordon diorama investigating a room would be awesome. Would essentially describe the entire movie. Could finally utilize my Joker interrogation table. :lol

Catwoman is next on my list.

Riddler, depending on the price. I’m sure a 3rd party will do him regardless.

Then it’s a wait to see the sequel!

Batman and Gordon would look pretty great together with the bat signal. I loved their dynamic in the new movie. Include the “thumb drive” as an accessory, and more of the riddler cards.

Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler are definitely needed.

Back