1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this happen too many times with Sideshow. It's why I don't buy from them anymore. Selling used products as new should be a crime
Hold up.
Is it used or a spare part?

My Batman Forever Robin had a similar issue they described here, crotch was unglued, but my suit paint was also bubbling up.
I asked Sideshow for an exchange of body. Naturally I was expecting to send the defective one back. I had an issue with recent batman cape because it was sewn up backwards and they just sent me the cape.
The told me to keep the robin suit and fig, but they sent me a replacement. The replacement they sent back was labeled "replacement" body suit on the outside of the brown shipping box, it came with the hot toys robin box, no slip covers, no accessories, no face. just the gloves, boots cape and the "suit" with the body. It came like it was used but my box literally said robin replacement body.

My understanding is that hot toys is sending replacement body suits with different labelings that make it seem like it's used. For example my robin shipping box mentioned 1:6 FIGURE -BMFE RB, the other said 1:6 FIGURE - BMFE RB (SS) or spare suit.

Hold up.

My Batman Forever Robin had a similar issue they described here, crotch was unglued, but my suit paint was also bubbling up.
I asked Sideshow for an exchange of body. Naturally I was expecting to send the defective one back. I had an issue with recent batman cape because it was sewn up backwards and they just sent me the cape.
The told me to keep the robin suit and fig, but they sent me a replacement. The replacement they sent back was labeled "replacement" body suit on the outside of the brown shipping box, it came with the hot toys robin box, no slip covers, no accessories, no face. just the gloves, boots cape and the "suit" with the body. It came like it was used but my box literally said robin replacement body.

My understanding is that hot toys is sending replacement body suits with different labelings that make it seem like it's used. For example my robin shipping box mentioned 1:6 FIGURE -BMFE RB, the other said 1:6 FIGURE - BMFE RB (SS) or spare suit.
Sideshow is known for selling used/returned figures as "new". This been a thing for years now. People have been complaining about it here and there on FB and even on this forum. It's very obvious sometimes as well. Hot Toys figures not having the arms/legs clear plastic wrapping. Tape missing or already removed. Dust/hair already being inside the figure packaging. All Sideshow does is deny it of course. It's a really ****** practice that they do. Whenever I get a figure from them, I inspect it extra carefully.

Sideshow is known for selling used/returned figures as "new". This been a thing for years now. People have been complaining about it here and there on FB and even on this forum. It's very obvious sometimes as well. Hot Toys figures not having the arms/legs clear plastic wrapping. Tape missing or already removed. Dust/hair already being inside the figure packaging. All Sideshow does is deny it of course. It's a really ****** practice that they do. Whenever I get a figure from them, I inspect it extra carefully.
Agreed. They did that to me with the second release of Marty from BTTF (updated headsculpt). The box was clearly opened. They vehemntly denied it and came off as complete a--holes.

Hold up.

They pass on used/returns to other collectors. It's well known and documented at this point

Got this...thing in today. Only $100 thanks to sideshow deals and rewards points.
Cowl sucks, cape sucks, but at least the body is a matte finish, so that's good. I have 2 Jaxon capes, but this thing is going back in the box until I get the Jaxon headsculpt. Probably the worst $100 I've spent since the soosoo toys Electra figure.

I always say, sometimes nothing is better than a mediocre piece of crap. But at least we got custom parts to replace the ugly ones!
IMG_7434.jpeg

What's the difference between Jaxon Z10 and Z20 capes?

Are the materials the same?
  • Z20 (1st pic from OSK's product page) appears to be more "velvet" looking but shorter.
  • Z10 (2nd pic from OSK) appears to be a lighter black but longer in length.
Are my eyes deceiving me (could different lighting)?
1708516068527.png

1708516112078.png

Last edited:
What's the difference between Jaxon Z10 and Z20 capes?

Are the materials the same?
  • Z20 (1st pic from OSK's product page) appears to be more "velvet" looking but shorter.
  • Z10 (2nd pic from OSK) appears to be a lighter black but longer in length.
Are my eyes deceiving me (could different lighting)?
View attachment 690226
View attachment 690227
Same, but Z20 is short. Go long for Begins.

Got this...thing in today. Only $100 thanks to sideshow deals and rewards points.
Cowl sucks, cape sucks, but at least the body is a matte finish, so that's good. I have 2 Jaxon capes, but this thing is going back in the box until I get the Jaxon headsculpt. Probably the worst $100 I've spent since the soosoo toys Electra figure.

I always say, sometimes nothing is better than a mediocre piece of crap. But at least we got custom parts to replace the ugly ones!View attachment 690171
That's honestly good value for $100. The body, suit and accessories must be worth that.

It's still a disgraceful release by HT of course but as a base for a custom sculpt and cape 100 bucks is pretty good.

1709393885819.png

I was searching for a dx19 bale head for around 50usd and then one seller in One sixth republic had this body and head for 120 shipped. So technically got this body for 70usd. Ordered Jaxon Z10 cape and masked head from Kit immediately. For 210 dollars all in, if this figure turns out good, this will be my most satisfying kitbash and figure probably lol after how HT were shameless to try for 100th time and gave their worst figure of all time.

Back