WB 100 - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure [Hot Toys Exclusive]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this color scheme was done for the BvS/Suicide Squad Affleck or the ‘89 Keaton, I would have bought it (and multiples).

This looks ugly as sin. Very hideous. Must be all that left over DX19 overstock.

It's amazing that this color scheme would have looked great on any Affleck suit, or the Keatons, or even possibly Pattinson, and they chose the singular suit that it would not work at all for.
I agree that if you’re just trying to make a blue and grey suit this isn’t the one to go with. I’d vote for Begins myself as my favorite film suit that’s closer to a comic look.

I think someone either said “pick the Batman that sells best” or “pick the Batman we have the most recent tooling ready for” and make it blue and grey, and they didn’t stop to ask which suit would look best blue and grey.

I mean, this was basically my idea 😅

This is my favorite suit for a lot of reasons, obviously, but I did a contest a while back to see which 2008 5” Batman toy I should turn into a 1:6 figure and a blue and grey TDK suit won. My plan was to make the figure and sell it in one of my charity auctions. It was still on my to do list but I had already announced it with a photo edit.

It’s sort of funny because the edit of a black figure makes the cowl look chrome blue, which wasn’t intentional, but it almost looks like Hot Toys tried to copy that with their actually chrome blue non-sense. Mine will be painted a matte/satin powder blue.

View attachment 642881View attachment 642882
Your mock up also illustrates what Hot Toys did wrong with their version.

They only made the neck/cowl blue instead of having it connect onto a matching blue cape. They for some reason made the cape grey to match the body when it should have been blue so that it looks like the blue flows from the cowl -> neck -> cape.

Hot Toys couldn't even do this ugly repaint correctly.

vM74w8J.png
VBJNfp9.png

dwjqmJL.png

I mean if they wanted a Bale variant I can easily see a shiny black chrome version working, like they've done many times before. But no, they decided to go with this hideous monstrosity instead.

Last edited:
If the colors were more muted it would work. I think the cape is blue just way less vibrant than that cowl.

Anything chrome I think wouldn’t work for this suit.

I think something like an urban camouflage would have looked cool as a variant though.

I can't tell if the cape is slightly blue but it needs to be more blue, then it would at least match everything else in a campy shiny way

I cannot say for sure, but it kinda looks like the cape might be gray with a blue inner lining. Kinda like Robin has in yellow.

Guess we’ll wait for one of those in-store “figure preview” videos to be sure.

I suspect that they'll eventually do a blue/Grey version of every existing Batman figure they've produced.

Obviously they'll make the blue/Grey keaton batsuit from The Flash, and they are making the blue/Grey batfleck.

What's next, blue/grey Begins? Forever? BvS?

I'm okay with the idea but they really messed up the execution on this TDK one. It's hideous.

This and WW are this year's exclusives? Yuck.
Yeah, I was wondering this, too. Is this the Toy Fairs exclusive, or something else? (It's been a few years since I've wanted a Toy Fairs offering, so I'm out of the loop...)

Yeah, I was wondering this, too. Is this the Toy Fairs exclusive, or something else? (It's been a few years since I've wanted a Toy Fairs offering, so I'm out of the loop...)
I don't think so. I think these are just exclusive to certain retailer like Sideshow. Similar to how that Red and Silver Mark 7 that went up a couple months ago was also just a Sideshow exclusive. The summer Toy Fairs exclusives tend to have that specific phrase stated on all the pics

Like others, my first thought here was that there are so many other Batman suits that could use the comic coloring treatment. Odd choice, for sure. Even with the Nolan films the Begins suit would look so much better getting some comic styled colors, I think.

What I'm seeing here also is the black eye makeup doesn't really work well with a brighter blue cowl if it's going to be live action. The cowl needs to be a darker shade of blue.

What I'm seeing here also is the black eye makeup doesn't really work well with a brighter blue cowl if it's going to be live action. The cowl needs to be a darker shade of blue.
Ideally I think there shouldn’t be eye makeup for a blue cowl, like Adam West’s. It never looked weird with skin tone showing around his eyes.

Idk if the design of TDK cowl or even most 89 or later cowls would look right without eye makeup though. They weren’t really designed to look like this and I think if they were going for a light blue cowl the shapes would be different on all of them.

Adam Wests cowl wasn’t tight around his eyes like all the more recent ones so even though there was no makeup his eyes were often in shadow behind the mask.

Back