WATCHMEN: The DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the Director's cut in a theater here in NYC yesterday.
Although interesting I think I prefer the theatrical release from earlier this year. It was just a "tighter" movie.
The additional stuff is cool, especially Hollis' death scene, but a lot of the other stuff didn't really add much to the movie.
Laurie gets a little more screen time and has a pretty good line that goes something like "that's as close to calling me whore as I'll let you get" (said to one of Dr.M's government handlers that suggests that she wasn't doing "her job" by keeping Jon on earth).

-Ray

It was Regan in the TC and Redford in the book. Any one have in hand pics of the Amazon set? That's the one thing keeping me from ordering it.

I thought the DC was pretty good. Fleshed out some stuff a little better and added in some more characterization. However, I wish there was more Bernies stuff added in to anchor their relationship, and I wish Snyder used alternate takes of Malin Ackerman's readings when she tells Rorschach to use her real name and when she freaks out in bed with the Manhattans. Seriously, the ones on screen were her best takes?

Last edited:
No, I already have the Black Freighter/Under the Hood and the Motion Comic Blu-ray releases. I am marginally interested in seeing it cut into the film, but I'm not going to repurchase both of those. I might rent it to listen to the commentary with Dave Gibbons, but other than that it sounds like it's mostly a bundle of previously released stuff that I already have.

Are there anyone else waiting for the ultimate edition like me?

I got mine and it's pretty cool. I thought the packaging was a bit lacking, just all clear plastic except for the back that has the DVD information on it, but otherwise it's a pretty neat collectible. It only makes one sound though, but the lighting on it is pretty awesome. I'm very happy with it.

:)

Back