Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

I hate when they cast big name actors, I know its all about money but they really need to give other actors a shot at A list stardom even though this movie will be bad either way.

Do Naughty Dog not have any say in the films production at all?
I would have thought they would find all this a bit sacrilegious...

Seriously...for as much as they've poured into the franchise, making sure both games were an absolute quality experience, it's hard to imagine they are just letting hollywood crap all over the name.

I'll just stick to the video game. Uncharted didn't need a movie anyway.

:exactly:

The games are far greater than 90% of Hollywood action adventure movies that make it to the big screen anyways...

Games are playable movies now, why do we need something that isn't as good as a movie? Why does Hollywood need to waste money on this only to lose money?

This movie will flop, and they will state there is no interest for video game based movies...because they always flop. Because no one can ever stay true. Who would have thought that the old cheesy 90's Street Fighter movie would have been better than the Chun Li reboot?

This movie will lose money, the 3rd game will be a smash hit. It's how it is.

Well since "Max Payne" was so successful it was an obvious choice to put that goat in another video game film.

The only two decent video game adaptions I can think of our Mortal Kombat and the first Resident Evil...and they weren't anything special. Anything I can think of is crap, and I haven't seen Prince of Persia yet, or Hitman.

I havent seen prince of persia but hitman was horrible imo. The problem is that they dont stick to the stories and they don't follow the same majic that games did. That game scene cameo in hitman was stupid.

The only two decent video game adaptions I can think of our Mortal Kombat and the first Resident Evil...and they weren't anything special. Anything I can think of is crap, and I haven't seen Prince of Persia yet, or Hitman.

Yeah, and only the 1st MK. The second one was pure crap.

As far as RE, goes I actually quite like the first one. Though I still loathe the you know what out of Alice.

Couldn't they just use the already established RE characters?

I love Hitman. Timothy Olyphant is just awesome in that movie. Forgettable plot, but it's a fun action movie that is full of nods to the game series. Seeing Olga prancing around half naked through most of the movie is also very nice.

Yeah, and only the 1st MK. The second one was pure crap.

As far as RE, goes I actually quite like the first one. Though I still loathe the you know what out of Alice.

Couldn't they just use the already established RE characters?

:goodpost::exactly:

That's the only thought I had throughout that entire film, and still have to this day. This movie will flop.......big time. And the third game, will be nothing short of amazing. I still remember when I played the first game, and how my jaw dropped open looking at the beautifully rendered details!!!! :lol

I was just thinking of who would play a pretty good Drake, Josh Duhamel. He actually looks like Drake imo.

Funny thing is Nathan Fillion was present at the Spike VGAs pre-show tonight and the hosts talked to him about the Uncharted movie casting decision. He seemed disappointed too. :lol

Funny thing is Nathan Fillion was present at the Spike VGAs pre-show tonight and the hosts talked to him about the Uncharted movie casting decision. He seemed disappointed too. :lol

As he should be, every Uncharted fan is. Hollywood won't take notice though...they listen to men in suits instead of the gamers.

Mark Wahlberg can't carry a movie. He's been crap in
everything i've seen him in (except 'The Other Guys' where I thought he was hilarious) but I can't get 'The Happening' or 'Max Payne' out of my mind as being awful. Some could argue that a crap script and poor direction are to blame but a good actor should be able to rise above these negative aspects to a certain extent. Nathan Fillian would have been a smart choice as he has the look and the charisma of Nate.

From early buzz, I'm hearing he's really good in The Fighter.

Mark Wahlberg's not a bad actor, he's just not right to play Nathan Drake.

Unfortunately casting is just one of the many terrible decisions made by David O. Russell and Columbia Pictures so far.

Let's face it, this is going to be an even worse version of National Treasure.

Marky Mark's casting is not the worst thing i've heard about this film.. I'm more concerned about Drake's father and uncle playing important roles, and them changing the story completely.

It seriously sounds like it's a movie they had written a long time ago, but figured it could get the funding and studio backing if they stamped "Uncharted" on it.

Mark Wahlberg can't carry a movie. He's been crap in
everything i've seen him in (except 'The Other Guys' where I thought he was hilarious) but I can't get 'The Happening' or 'Max Payne' out of my mind as being awful. Some could argue that a crap script and poor direction are to blame but a good actor should be able to rise above these negative aspects to a certain extent. Nathan Fillian would have been a smart choice as he has the look and the charisma of Nate.

I don't think any actor could have made The Happening or Max Payne good.

Back