THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
article0160c53a9000005d.jpg

I hope HT makes that VW Beetle as well! Will look great with Malekith!! :rock :rock ;)

Seriously though, I think he looks pretty cool! I can't wait to see the final version with post-production over it. Those markers on his face seem to indicate some form of CGI will be added!

Heresy incoming: I liked the movie Green Goblin just fine, despite an Internet's-worth of wailing, whining and moaning over the costume Dafoe wore.

I did have the last laugh when Harry's S-M3 costume was revealed, and then everyone was like "OH WHERE IS THAT GREAT COSTUME FROM MOVIE 1, Harry looks boring!" But then, I never thought Franco could bring the villainy like Dafoe did, no matter what he wore - that was just setting him up to fail. [And LOL at the skateboard glider.]

But here... elves have pointed ears. It is known. Its like being surprised to see a cat with a tail. Cats have tails, elves have pointy ears: this is an expected finding.

Seems like Malekith can take a hit from Mjolnir without much of a problem..... he can have his elf ears, I am curious to see more.

Well said, I agree.

Looking good so far.

Hopefully Whedon and Marvel have plans to bring in Surtur (Think Balrog with a sword) as he's connected to Malekith and the Casket of Winters and eventually Beta Ray Thor.

No idea who he is other than being a villain and a dark elf, but he looks pretty cool!

I dunno, we already have a bunch of villains in this: we got Loki, Malekith AND Skurge the Executioner [? I think]. That's already almost too many; we don't want to S-M3 this thing.

What if there is a thor 3; we are going to need to keep a few villains back for that.

I do NOT want to see Beta Ray Bill in this series; talk about jumping the shark.

I dunno, we already have a bunch of villains in this: we got Loki, Malekith AND Skurge the Executioner [? I think]. That's already almost too many; we don't want to S-M3 this thing.

What if there is a thor 3; we are going to need to keep a few villains back for that.

I do NOT want to see Beta Ray Bill in this series; talk about jumping the shark.

Kurse is in this as well.
I didn't mean to imply cram all these characters into one movie.
The producers seem to look to Walt Simonsons run on Thor for ideas and Malekith,Kurse,Surtur,The Executioner,Casket of Winters and Bill all played major roles in his run. Some fans want Loki to team up with Thor for a greater good which is what happens when Surtur arrives and Ragnarok begins. Bill needs to be handled carefully if he is included.

Good point. SM3 was a disaster! Let's hope Thor never goes down that road. :lecture

MTV caught up with actor Chris Hemsworth to talk about the upcoming Marvel sequel, Thor: The Dark World, and the Norse god seems very optimistic about the film.

"We have six weeks to go to shoot," said Hemsworth "This is the trickiest bit, because you can go, 'Oh, yeah, we're past the halfway mark!' which isn't a good idea, because you're not finished yet. You sort of get that second wind about now or you hope to and push on through. But it's been great. The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously. The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There's a definite "Game of Thrones" vibe thanks to [director] Alan [Taylor]."

They asked him about if there would be a rift between Thor and Natalie Portman's Jane for not saying 'Hi' while on Earth for The Avengers.

"Definitely. For Thor and Jane, there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn't stop in and catch up with her in 'Avengers.' Thor might have some explaining to do in this one....There's some fun to be had with that...And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that's come from 'Thor' to 'Avengers' to now."

The subject then turned to his next project, Robopocalypse, with Steven Spielberg which Hemsworth is very excited about. "No one does sci-fi better than him. It was a no-brainer. And then I read the script and was even more excited if that's possible."

Him returning in the Avengers kind of ruins that or any need for that ending. Frankly, Thor 2 should start on Earth now that Thor can Cube-hop whereever he wants.

So this picture's going around atm...

iron-man-3-thor-the-dark-world-trailer.jpg

Comicbook.com said:
There have been rumors that a Thor The Dark World trailer would premiere in April. Now, Comicbook.com can confirm those rumors. A new Spanish promotional poster for Iron Man 3 has shown up online. The promotional poster is just a combination of previously released Iron Man 3 character posters.

However, what is really interesting about this Spanish promotional poster is the tagline at the bottom. The text at the bottom translates to say, “Also enjoy an exclusive preview of Thor The Dark World.” Since Iron Man 3 opens in some countries as early as April 26, 2013, it means fans will definitely see a Thor The Dark World trailer in April.

In the United States, Iron Man 3 doesn’t opens until May 3, 2013, so it might be May before U.S. fans get to see the Thor The Dark World trailer. However, it’s also possible that Disney might decide to release it early online like they did with the latest Iron Man 3 trailer.

https://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/07/thor-the-dark-world-trailer-rumored-for-april/

Looking forward to seeing the trailer for this :rock

I really enjoyed Thor. His change from Arrogant warrior to enlightened fighter was done well.

Loki was much better in Thor, he had emotion and reason for his villianny and was stronger too than later appearances. Odin was great too.

Frankly i hated how the next film ignored his charaterisation from the ending of Thor. He missed Jane and wanted to go back to her, it was an emotional cliffhanger, Then in his next appearance only thought about her for about 7 seconds. Didn't even go to see her before blasting back to Asgard. :cuckoo:

They asked him about if there would be a rift between Thor and Natalie Portman's Jane for not saying 'Hi' while on Earth for The Avengers.

:exactly:

Thought i was the only one who noticed Whedon's complete ignorance of carrying over characterisation.

________

The Wolverine, Man of Steel then this are my most anticipated for this year. Should be great. I hope Sif gets a bigger role

Last edited:
Back