"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't listen to the idiots exaggerating things (and I'm not talking Munn or Black here) - that's business as usual for them.

The comedy is the best bit of the movie - it's well-timed and not overdone - it fits perfectly with the characters.

They should have stuck with the RENEGADE Pred though - his stuff worked really well. They just went too far with the "action flick" idea and missed the point of what works with Predator movies and why we watch them instead of crap like Transformers.

whats your take on that ending though?

It sounds absolutely horrendous. Maybe it actually will be a guilty pleasure. The thread is certainly more fun for it.

Even if you didn't like the doctor twist and characters forgettable, Predators never ****ed and insulted the mythology of the series like this. I'm talking Elsa Jean on a set with six guys from blacked.com type of ****ed.

vspZn76.gif

I read about a third of a review that said this movie was hot doo-doo.

Oh well. We'll always have GET TO DA CHOPPPAAAA!!!!!

I'm going to a 6 PM showing.

I take my predator incredibly seriously. after PREDATORS I wrote a novel somewhere on here on why I HATED it. I watch it now it's still trash.

I would rank the Predator films in order. P1, P2, AVP, AVP-R, PREDATORS...lets hope this one doesn't fall in line.

I like that this film has what looks like the BAD BLOOD Predator. Funny thing is, after my novel ripping apart PREDATORS years ago someone asked me If I know so much about Predator what would be my premise for a new film and I replied I would make a story based on the BAD BLOOD comic. This film looks to be loosely based on BAD BLOOD (and I mean loosely)...but I'm excited to see what they come up with.

I must admit when I saw that Key and Peele guy cast in the film I was like WTF. I hope the Predators kill them all.

Can't wait to hear from the usual suspects how bad this movie is.

I'll be seeing this the same way I saw Covenant and Mummy -- on tv.

How was Mummy?

I liked the brief Alien Sequences in Covenant...aside from that the movie was a big ole poopie

I’m expecting this to be on cable in about a month or so. No rush to waste money to see it in the theatre.

Back