"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hollywood seems to think every franchise now needs comedy ala Thor and GOTG to succeed...

Are there any serious director and writers left in the world?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I read the prequel novel that gave some good backstory, but even with that.... I’m torn. I’m a fan of Fugitive and his Deadpool antics, but Shane Black can go **** himself along with the David from Covenant. So far, all of my favorite franchises have been destroyed, at this point I’m waiting for Blazzing Saddles to be turned into a reboot about a Transgendered Sheriff being hired in a town called Nosackville.

Reviews aside I still want to see it. Can’t wait to check this one out.

Its not bad. I’m bitching only because I wanted more Predator. Its a great action film, its a popcorn flick for sure, and you will laugh your ass off at the comedy. I just over hyped myself and set my expectations too high.

Reviews aside I still want to see it. Can’t wait to check this one out.

Its not bad. I’m bitching only because I wanted more Predator. Its a great action film, its a popcorn flick for sure, and you will laugh your ass off at the comedy. I just over hyped myself and set my expectations too high.

Though I'll argue the cast of characters along with tourettes Punisher are more memorable (and the best part of the film) than the gang from Predators, it's so far below Predators because it gets the most important thing wrong -- the Predator stuff!

Even if you didn't like the doctor twist and characters forgettable, Predators never ****ed and insulted the mythology of the series like this. I'm talking Elsa Jean on a set with six guys from blacked.com type of ****ed.

Requiem was bad and filmed with the damn brightness turned down but one aspect everyone agrees was a positive was Wolf Pred who's become a big fan favourite.

I honestly believe the Predator films are done now until maybe decide to reboot AvP one day. Who's going to greenlight a sequel to this with humans in Ironman suits fighting predators? GTFO.

I'm going to see it tonight. After reading reviews, I don't understand why they had to have so much comedy. The reviews make it sound like Rapidfire Deadpool-pace jokes?

Why?!?!

the characters here are more favorable compared to predators. i'd take this looney crew over the pianist's noob hits.
but man, they ****in screwed the whole plot here. ****, how can you screw 1987 cult classic.... :pow

I'm going to see it tonight. After reading reviews, I don't understand why they had to have so much comedy. The reviews make it sound like Rapidfire Deadpool-pace jokes?

Why?!?!

i doont mind the comedy bit. his crew is pretty much section 8 litter, crazy talk is to be expected.
i just cant wrap my mind how they screwed up the 1987 pred with this movie. ffs

If AvPR wasn’t so damn dark I could enjoy the Wolf better.

So because Predator 87 had dirty jokes they decided to turn this into a full blown comedy with a Predator literally doing a stand up routine with props lol

Poor Khev is going to want to jump straight to another viewing of Hereditery to cleanse his soul after watching this. :lol

It's nice to be able to enjoy all the spoilers when you have absolutely no interest in watching a movie.
I never expected much from this, but from what I've read... it surpasses all expectations of awfulness. But it makes for fun reading! :lol

Well you bring up a great point.

Going into a recognized “bad” movie knowing all spoilers sometimes has unintended consequences.

Sometimes it tricks your brain into thinking “Sure it was bad but you know what I liked certain aspects of it!”

You really never know what your’re going to feel when it comes to these types of franchise **** shows it just may surprise you.

Why?!?!

Don't listen to the idiots exaggerating things (and I'm not talking Munn or Black here) - that's business as usual for them.

The comedy is the best bit of the movie - it's well-timed and not overdone - it fits perfectly with the characters.

They should have stuck with the RENEGADE Pred though - his stuff worked really well. They just went too far with the "action flick" idea and missed the point of what works with Predator movies and why we watch them instead of crap like Transformers.

Yeah i’m going tonight as well :lol

It’s either that or son’s homework!

Crappy Predator movie wins lol

Yep I'm going during the day so that I don't have to choose between that or time with my kids tonight, lol. And I've avoided all spoilers so whatever hilarity you guys have been discussing will hit me full force in a couple hours. :lol :yess:

which reminds me of those on the set pics...
apc mounted predators. not in the move.
i wonder what the real story behind this movie, huge chunk of the plot seems missing and we get to 1987 pred premise which kinda disregards the whole 1987 movie. whata messs

Don't listen to the idiots exaggerating things (and I'm not talking Munn or Black here) - that's business as usual for them.

The comedy is the best bit of the movie - it's well-timed and not overdone - it fits perfectly with the characters.

They should have stuck with the RENEGADE Pred though - his stuff worked really well. They just went too far with the "action flick" idea and missed the point of what works with Predator movies and why we watch them instead of crap like Transformers.

Hey Caped Baldy is no idiot lol

Wait were you referring to :horror

Yep I'm going during the day so that I don't have to choose between that or time with my kids tonight, lol. And I've avoided all spoilers so whatever hilarity you guys have been discussing will hit me full force in a couple hours. :lol :yess:

Screw homework I just might just take son and wife with me!

My poor wife.

My poor son lol

Back