Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just surprised I've grown to like the Super Predators as much as I have. Embarrassing as it may sound, I remember exactly where I was when the unmasked Berserker photos leaked in 2010 -- here on the Freaks forums, an hour before I left for school -- and they ruined my week (oh, the days when life was simple enough to be ruined by crummy monster designs). I don't remember if I came around before watching the movie or after, but I really quite enjoy the designs now. In some ways they're ballsier than Feral, yet I have an easier time accepting them into the canon.

The only way I can justify Feral is by thinking of him as ADI's homo erectus to Winston's homo sapiens. With only 300 years before the Winston Predators fully took over, Feral's species must have already been on its way out. Judging by his behavior in the film, it's not hard to see why. :lol
I shared your experience regarding the unmasked Berserker leak.
I believe this was the first leaked photo:
predators-still-026.jpg

I hated it! :lol It looks awful in some photos (like this one) however it some others it looks really good. Lighting plays a big part in it...
2qy34tt.jpg

I've been meaning to rewatch Predators. Might give it a watch after spooky season has finished.

I hated it! :lol It looks awful in some photos (like this one) however it some others it looks really good. Lighting plays a big part in it...

I've been meaning to rewatch Predators. Might give it a watch after spooky season has finished.

Ditto on the Pred designs - love the movie though! - the intro through to the death of Danny Trejo is INTENSE (especially the falling and traps) - and also love the intensity of the "dog" hunt scene.

View attachment 670477
View attachment 670478
Oh back when this was the worst we thought a Predator design could get. How wrong we were.
I suppose I never really hated this one though. With masks on, I actually quite like the designs of the "Super Predators".

Oh back when this was the worst we thought a Predator design could get. How wrong we were.
I suppose I never really hated this one though. With masks on, I actually quite like the designs of the "Super Predators".
I agree. Hard to know if we view the Super Preds as good designs now though because of what came after. Tracker is my favourite design (especially the Hot Toys figure).

I'm just surprised I've grown to like the Super Predators as much as I have. Embarrassing as it may sound, I remember exactly where I was when the unmasked Berserker photos leaked in 2010 -- here on the Freaks forums, an hour before I left for school -- and they ruined my week (oh, the days when life was simple enough to be ruined by crummy monster designs). I don't remember if I came around before watching the movie or after, but I really quite enjoy the designs now. In some ways they're ballsier than Feral, yet I have an easier time accepting them into the canon.

The only way I can justify Feral is by thinking of him as ADI's homo erectus to Winston's homo sapiens. With only 300 years before the Winston Predators fully took over, Feral's species must have already been on its way out. Judging by his behavior in the film, it's not hard to see why. :lol

I like the concept and overall design of the "Super Predators". But I'm not a fan of the facial, and even more less of "Preys" design. Plus, I feel the Prey film is overrated.

Predator
Predator 2
Predators

That being said ... is anyone getting Prime 1's Beserker and AVP Predators?

Ah ok. Yeah, a bust option would've been great.

I guess Prime 1 thinks many will buy the busts instead of the full size; which is why they're no longer doing it?
Maybe so, but it's such bizarre logic. A 15" bust for $1K versus a 40" statue for $3.5K. I don't see any bust collectors responding with "Darn, they got me. Guess I'll spend thousands more on a completely different type of collectible."

Back