The Official SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good games guys, my connection seemed a little slow though but still had fun. Question though, how do you have custom quotes when you take someone out?

In your add friends screen, click on your own name. you can edit your profile there.

NICKTO - don't forget to add post your code to the SSF Brawl friend code list. You're not on my friends list, but somehow we ended up playing each-other. :confused: The game asked if I wanted to add you as a friend, I said yes, but it doesn't look like you got added. F'n nintendo :banghead :monkey4 :eek:

Fun playing tonight guys... I actually liked that we seemed to be fairly well matched. And we all seem to hate Pikachu :lol

I got kicked off around 10:30, damn thing froze in the middle of the game (right when I got the final smash too). I got back on and you guys were still listed as playing, but I couldn't get in. And now I can't get the WFC to work at all :tap

Damn thing is fun once its going, but the bugs are a kick the junk!

Had a lot of crap going on the last couple days but I'll finally be picking up my copy on my way home from work tonight.

Cool, will look forward to whomping-up on you :D

And seems my technical glitch is taken care of... was able to connect with ease today?!?

Cool, will look forward to whomping-up on you :D

And seems my technical glitch is taken care of... was able to connect with ease today?!?

I'm playing online as we speak against people I don't know. It's awesome!!!! No problems at all. Can't wait to play against y'all tonight! (Sorry, this is the first video game I've ever played online and it's just so fun!):D

I wasn't able to get any matches today online... but I only tried for a bit. So do you just pick a character and then an arena and wait? Seems to be real hit and miss if you can get anyone in stranger mode.

I wasn't able to get any matches today online... but I only tried for a bit. So do you just pick a character and then an arena and wait? Seems to be real hit and miss if you can get anyone in stranger mode.

Yeah, I just picked the player and stage and waited while hitting the punching bag. The second time I did the stranger stages I didn't have anyone to play with.

I set-up my online account. But, I am gonna sound real stupid asking this...

how do I do a finishing move? Smash or whatever?

:eek:

how do I do a finishing move? Smash or whatever?

The final smash? You need to beat up on the glowing ball that looks like the Smash Bros logo (circle with cross on it) until it breaks and your character starts to glow. When your character is glowing, make sure you're aiming where you want to be and press b to launch the onslaught.

And we all seem to hate Pikachu :lol

:rotfl
I was surprised at how much fun it was without the aid of verbal communication. The taunt macros combined with message board harassment seems to work quite nicley. I was also a bit relieved that we were evenly matched, (though you guys do have a bit of practicing to do... :monkey3 :lol ) it definitely added to the fun.

I wonder how it will work when we get more than 4 players going, will there be room changing going on? The no voice chat thing kind of ruins any bit of in-game coordination regarding multiple rooms or whatnot.

The final smash? You need to beat up on the glowing ball that looks like the Smash Bros logo (circle with cross on it) until it breaks and your character starts to glow. When your character is glowing, make sure you're aiming where you want to be and press b to launch the onslaught.

Thanks. I'll try it out.

:bow

Picked this up after work and got a few hours of gaming in. While it's still a fun ass game, it just seems to be almost a new version of Melee. There are a few different characters and some new challenges, but that's about it. Hopefully once I start playing online and with friends it'll renew my love for this game but so far I'm kinda disappointed :eek:

I loved the taunts people came up with. I imagine if we have times when people plan to play we'll have to start one room and as it gets filled start a 2nd and 3rd etc. I noticed when I could view Mikes room it said 1/4... so I assume that means there would be 3 open slots.

Still can't get into stranger matches :banghead

Started a room for a while, but nobody wanted to step to the little yellow rodent from hell. Maybe tomorrow...

I loved the taunts people came up with. I imagine if we have times when people plan to play we'll have to start one room and as it gets filled start a 2nd and 3rd etc. I noticed when I could view Mikes room it said 1/4... so I assume that means there would be 3 open slots.

Yep that's correct. Yesterday when I joined you guys, your room said 3/4 so I snuck in :D

Still can't get into stranger matches :banghead

Started a room for a while, but nobody wanted to step to the little yellow rodent from hell. Maybe tomorrow...

lol your yellow rat doesnt want to fall of the ledges! :lol

What's the secret to getting back on the ledge once youve been hit off? Does it just depend on your characters special moves where one character will have an easier time than another?

lol your yellow rat doesnt want to fall of the ledges! :lol

What's the secret to getting back on the ledge once youve been hit off? Does it just depend on your characters special moves where one character will have an easier time than another?

I think it does matter a lot on the charater. Someone like Kirby is really easy to get back on since you can get about 4 or so jumps out of him. Also characters with strong dash moves (like Pikachu) are great... if you can use them (which I can't yet :lol).

Hey Nash, how did you unlock Luigi? And what was that move (I think you did it) where a big green dome appeared? I hadn't seen that one yet.

Back