Original unaltered Star Wars Trilogy to appear on blu ray after all?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look.. those kahkah cuts are ALREADY out there - & readily available, that's my point. :lol

I'm not sure what box set you're referring to from 2006 (the releases might differ slightly over in the US) but I've got the 2006 set of the OT, & the films were released individually as 2 DVD editions; one SE / one unaltered. I also had the 2004 box set that had the three films as SE editions - PLUS a bonus documentary / extras disc.

Needless to say, I turfed the 2004 versions & kept the bonus extras disc. :family :lol

Look.. those kahkah cuts are ALREADY out there - & readily available, that's my point. :lol

That's my point too. But you disagreed with Mad Old Lu who agreed with my point so I'm not sure what the point of this argument is anymore. Let's just agree that Harmy's cut is awesome and will be more than satisfactory while we wait for Disney to maybe release the original cuts.

That's my point too. But you disagreed with Mad Old Lu who agreed with my point so I'm not sure what the point of this argument is anymore.
I agree with this point, which agrees with Vintij's point, that disagreed with Mad Old Lu's point, that agreed with your previous point, all while losing the whole point.

That's my point too. But you disagreed with Mad Old Lu who agreed with my point so I'm not sure what the point of this argument is anymore. Let's just agree that Harmy's cut is awesome and will be more than satisfactory while we wait for Disney to maybe release the original cuts.

I agree with this point, which agrees with Vintij's point, that disagreed with Mad Old Lu's point, that agreed with your previous point, all while losing the whole point.

:rotfl How did it all go out of control? For the record, Vintij, I hate the SE's as much as the next guy. But you make a valid point in saying there are plenty of SE's already out there to purchase so why include them in future releases.

I have that very set. Loved it when it came out and watched the hell out of them. Pretty much just decoration on my bookcase now since I got rid of my VCR ages ago! :lol

But you make a valid point in saying there are plenty of SE's already out there to purchase so why include them in future releases.

Ah, there is a valid reason from Disney's point of view to release them all together. Money. It's not the ideal way to release it, but honestly, would an OT purist that never heard of Harmy's set really refuse buying all the extra cuts again? Some might, the die hards wouldn't. And there are a lot of die heard OT purists out there. SSF just is the tip of the iceberg.

I have that very set. Loved it when it came out and watched the hell out of them. Pretty much just decoration on my bookcase now since I got rid of my VCR ages ago! :lol

That looks great. This is the one I had:

star_wars_trilogy_3_vhs_tapes_set_with_thx_1995_usa.jpg

"One last time...."

Back