The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... so, "Ahsoka's" Big Bad is going to show up and annihilate the long-time villain of this show here, when they are planning at least one more season? Therefore removing what little overarching story is left? I'll wait.
Nah, I think it will be a blip, if anything. But still think it's interesting that Gideon seems to be making a bid to be chief and is probably due for a smackdown, either from a bigger fish or again, from those pesky Mandalorians.

It's like the Hux/Kylo thing all over, only - more.

And yet this place is flooded with people ******** all over the other shows with lazy contrived writing. Hell, even this season had its fair share of complaining about things like the painted Light Cruiser or blown up IG-11. I guess those standards go out of the window when it looks cool.
I think you misunderstood me, I don't **** all over the other shows. I love all the silly, space fantasy, cartoony stuff! I'm still a kid at heart. Honestly, my standards are pretty low...I just want to be entertained and forget about my job for a few minutes :)

... so, "Ahsoka's" Big Bad is going to show up and annihilate the long-time villain of this show here, when they are planning at least one more season? Therefore removing what little overarching story is left? I'll wait.
No, I definitely don't think Thrawn plays a major role next week, just a shot toward the end of the show...a foreshadowing for more in Ahsoka. I suppose he "could" smack Gideon down, setting up a revival and showdown between them in Ahsoka, Mando S4 or the movie bringing it all together, but I suspect they'll give Gideon his day and leave S3 in an Empire Strikes Back situation where the villain has the heroes on the ropes...

Hindsight is 20/20. It was a valid last stand in the heat of battle all things considered. Not dumb at all.
:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

If every strategy and training went as planned, soldiers wouldn’t get killed on the battlefield, cops wouldn’t get shot on the beat and space shuttles wouldn’t fall from the sky.

As my fighter jet pilot brother one said to me as soon as the first bullet is let loose all bets are off regardless if your team are elite forces or your plane is worth 4 billion.

And yet this place is flooded with people ******** all over the other shows with lazy contrived writing. Hell, even this season had its fair share of complaining about things like the painted Light Cruiser or blown up IG-11. I guess those standards go out of the window when it looks cool.
Like everything else about SW it's about finding the right balance. In this particular case I'm gonna side with cool over "school".

Actually I think we're giving them entirely too much credit, thinking they've actually thought it out to that extent. :lol

That’s what I keep telling people. Favreau probably just titled the episode “The Spies” in a generic sense of the word and didn’t think anything more.

Each episode was titled clearly as to who/what that episode is about. And after re-watching this episode twice, any “clue” any character gave to being a spy was just convenient writing. Gideon doesn’t even know it was Bo-Katan he was able to trap at the end:lol

I never thought in a million years that this scenario could exist but that Viz stabbing takedown is visceral, vicious and ruthless looking enough that it wouldn’t look out of place in John Wick 4! :panic:

I’m not talking about overall action I’m specifically referring to that single death.

That’s what I keep telling people. Favreau probably just titled the episode “The Spies” in a generic sense of the word and didn’t think anything more.

Each episode was titled clearly as to who/what that episode is about. And after re-watching this episode twice, any “clue” any character gave to being a spy was just convenient writing. Gideon doesn’t even know it was Bo-Katan he was able to trap at the end:lol
He probably just thought "the spies" sounded cooler than "the scouts."

I watched The Foundling episode last night.

Such a silly cult, with silly rules. "This is the Way" is becoming cringe-worthy. Ridiculous training exercises... all right there on the open beach... where another monster-gator can gobble you up or birds can snatch you.

They obviously chase and fail constantly -- since Spaz Viszla says he always runs out of gas. Can these Mandos "learn"? Is that not the way?

Now they have big birdie pets. I expected the ending to be Mando and Bo bending backwards while laughing repetitively like Felix the Cat...

I never thought in a million years that this scenario could exist but that Viz stabbing takedown is visceral, vicious and ruthless looking enough that it wouldn’t look out of place in John Wick 4! :panic:

I’m not talking about overall action I’m specifically referring to that single death.
Dude I was totally getting John Wick vibes not only from that death but also Din shooting the troopers multiple times after they were knocked down. :panic:

Last edited:
Back