The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hindsight is 20/20. It was a valid last stand in the heat of battle all things considered. Not dumb at all.
But writing wise, it was dumb. For that sacrifice to have been meaningful, the jetpack guys should have overpowered him, making the retreat a valid choice. But by doing that, they wouldn't have been able to have that 3 vs 1 Praetorian fight. So we end up with what we have, an unnecessary retreat because they had an idea for a cool fight scene.

He went like a boss and a true Mandalorian:love.
Yeah and without any sentimental "tell my son I love him" just blue-collar time to go to work determination. The clinical coldness with which the Praetorians ganged up on him after he seemingly defied the odds and won against the Stormtroopers was just brutal.
Yeah, I'd read a spoiler and the thought of IG-Grogu I thought was cringe, but IMO it works pretty well - AND lets Grogu get weaponized at some point, without bouncing all over the place with the Force. It's a nice blending of Grogu with his former protector.

Totally agree about the barge, and can't get a Mad Max/dystopian world out of my head. That was awesome as well as the green glass and scorched skies. :love

And I wonder - with all the inane-ness of knighting Grogu, I wonder if that actually had a point in that Grogu has a right now to ask those Ugnaughts there for tech help or something.
Yeah I had heard about IG-Grogu as well (still didn't fully believe it but here we are, lol) and assumed it would be super over the top but ended up pleasantly surprised.

Oh I absolutely could tell what Pascal was feeling about his personal career and life just by listening to a few lines of his dialogue from a character specifically known for having a tone that is soft and smooth, yup I absolutely could tell hmm hmm…

View attachment 633519
As much as I enjoy the sarcasm that isn't what I said. I said I noticed his voice acting this season seemed more phoned in than before, so when I read the recent rumours that he is exiting the show due to being unhappy with the role and remembering some old rumours saying the same I feel said rumours may be true, hence him not really giving a duck about putting effort into the dialogue.

You obviously failed in your mind reading attempt young padawan. your choice of gifs is on point though

You guys, Thrawn is the Big Bad for "Ahsoka." It is known. What on earth makes you think they are going to spoil a huge reveal like that in this show? People are dying to see him. -Guaranteed- they are going to make you tune into "Ahsoka" for that. 100%

Yeah and without any sentimental "tell my son I love him" just blue-collar time to go to work determination. The clinical coldness with which the Praetorians ganged up on him after he seemingly defied the odds and won against the Stormtroopers was just brutal.
A YT vid was saying the Praetorians are the best of the best, beskar armor, beskar weapons - dunno how much is true since am still catching up with SW.

But I really need Din, probably being humiliated, dehelmeted, and tortured, to be rescued by the unexpected and now thoroughly p1ss'd off Mythosaur bursting through the floor, (which in a total callback to S1 - Din ends up riding the Mythosaur which eats the *&^% psycho Praetorians and destroys the little Empire, and the Mandalorians all kick butt -

which is the reason Thrawn returns, figuring Gideon is an idiot, kicking off the Ahsoka show.

D@mn, I should be doing the script. :lol

What I will probably get is some irritating cliffhanger where we all get to wait 3 years, while a whole bunch of filler/other shows are trotted out. Tho I could live with a BOBF Season 2 where Boba mounts a DIn rescue. He can pick up Cobb, Cara, Fennec and even the Mods along the way.:monkey3

But writing wise, it was dumb. For that sacrifice to have been meaningful, the jetpack guys should have overpowered him, making the retreat a valid choice. But by doing that, they wouldn't have been able to have that 3 vs 1 Praetorian fight. So we end up with what we have, an unnecessary retreat because they had an idea for a cool fight scene.
I mean, Han chasing some stormtroopers through the halls of the death star probably wasn't academy award worthy writing, but it was cool and fun. I don't need General Patton drawing up the fighting strategies of the shows I buy dollies from...

You guys, Thrawn is the Big Bad for "Ahsoka." It is known. What on earth makes you think they are going to spoil a huge reveal like that in this show? People are dying to see him. -Guaranteed- they are going to make you tune into "Ahsoka" for that. 100%
You will 100% see him next week...at the very end...to setup his presence in Ahsoka. IMO

More chance of Bo making an appearance. Din is a side character in his own series.
It'd be nice to think with the finale there's some rebalancing, with Din saving the day like he usually does...tho am afraid he'll just get carted off to Coruscant or worse, saved by Bo which at this point zzzzzz

but I don't trust the writing in this show any more. The corn and hokum has been strong with this one. Except for last week....er.😁
(Tho to be fair, still think the Pershing episode was pretty good and had this weird creepiness and we still don't know if he is still alive or what).

I mean, Han chasing some stormtroopers through the halls of the death star probably wasn't academy award worthy writing, but it was cool and fun. I don't need General Patton drawing up the fighting strategies of the shows I buy dollies from...
And yet this place is flooded with people ******** all over the other shows with lazy contrived writing. Hell, even this season had its fair share of complaining about things like the painted Light Cruiser or blown up IG-11. I guess those standards go out of the window when it looks cool.

And yet this place is flooded with people ******** all over the other shows with lazy contrived writing. Hell, even this season had its fair share of complaining about things like the painted Light Cruiser or blown up IG-11. I guess those standards go out of the window when it looks cool.
*Shrug* what bothers some people doesn't bother others. There are plenty out there who thought the Alice in Wonderland episode was awesome.

It's also a question of degree - like all the nitpicking S1 over how the trackers could work, etc. If I really wanted to nitpick I could say it's pretty unlikely a skilled bounty hunter would go charging after anyone without being more cautious; but I could also say there was no reason to expect Imperials would be imbedded in the planet.

And I thought the Mandalorian logo on the ship looked cool, as well as a slap in the face to the Imperials. 😁

... so, "Ahsoka's" Big Bad is going to show up and annihilate the long-time villain of this show here, when they are planning at least one more season? Therefore removing what little overarching story is left? I'll wait.

Back