The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I wouldn’t be all that surprised if it’s Thrawn that saves the day next week. Gideon has stupidly picked a fight with the Mandalorians. Mandalore is of no use to the Empire. It’s a shell of a planet. Sure Beskar is nice, but it’s not worth the hassle of fighting the Mandalorians. Thrawn has Gideon’s forces stand down and join him, let the Mandos have Gideon and their planet back, and then they are no longer a nuisance to deal with as they struggle to rebuild their planet. The Imperial power struggle is also resolved and Thrawn’s plans can move forward uninterrupted. Thrawn isn’t above making sacrifices like that to win the greater prize. He let the Rebels escape all the time to further collect data on them to trap them later.
But Mando’s and Mandalorians don’t exist in the ST.

Could there be a traitor and they join the empire as FN troopers?

As more Praetorian guards! :panic:

As red SITH troopers!! :panic: :panic:

As Emperor temple guards!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Filoni’s movie will be set post Mando S3 and pre ST era so who knows.

Maybe Mandalorians continue to exist but in a different timeline than the ST thanks to…

DAB682B0-3570-45B6-A8AE-C6520CBFBA33.jpeg

Last edited:
Much better episode and thank god Gideon is back to chew the scenery like crazy and bring some actual life to this season. And also kinda cool to see so many nods to the ST, although I'd still prefer that be kept as just a background thing the way it was here.

Like others though I still remain kinda bored with this "retaking of Mandalore" storyline and with watching random Mandalorians bicker and glare at each other for minutes on end while Din just hangs around in the background doing nothing.

The only Mando I have any interest in these days is Fett and he died in the Sarlaac so...

He didnt die, he just has the sense to stay out of this hot mess. i dont think he is going to be coming to Bo's rescue, not after how she talked to him in season 2.

She insulted Jango and that simply is not done.

He didnt die, he just has the sense to stay out of this hot mess. i dont think he is going to be coming to Bo's rescue, not after how she talked to him in season 2.

She insulted Jango and that simply is not done.
cool Boba died in the Sarlaac, Bubba Fett crawled out

At this point I wouldn’t be all that surprised if it’s Thrawn that saves the day next week. Gideon has stupidly picked a fight with the Mandalorians. Mandalore is of no use to the Empire. It’s a shell of a planet. Sure Beskar is nice, but it’s not worth the hassle of fighting the Mandalorians. Thrawn has Gideon’s forces stand down and join him, let the Mandos have Gideon and their planet back, and then they are no longer a nuisance to deal with as they struggle to rebuild their planet. The Imperial power struggle is also resolved and Thrawn’s plans can move forward uninterrupted. Thrawn isn’t above making sacrifices like that to win the greater prize. He let the Rebels escape all the time to further collect data on them to trap them later.
The Imperial Shadow Council seemed quite concerned about the Mandalorians. Enough to send Giddy reinforcements that they weren't going to until they heard the Mandalorians were going to resettle Mandalore.
Why they think Mandalorians living on Mandalore is such a terrible threat I'm not sure. The Imperials have done a good job of defeating the Mandos before.
Maybe Giddy really wants that Beskar for his new shiny commandos.

The Imperial Shadow Council seemed quite concerned about the Mandalorians. Enough to send Giddy reinforcements that they weren't going to until they heard the Mandalorians were going to resettle Mandalore.
Why they think Mandalorians living on Mandalore is such a terrible threat I'm not sure. The Imperials have done a good job of defeating the Mandos before.
Maybe Giddy really wants that Beskar for his new shiny commandos.
Because united Mandalorians are bad news, multiple characters have said this throughout the season. They're almost always wrapped up in some kind of civil war so having them united means they are at full strength.

The action can get a bit clunky at times, but that's a limitation of those suits. They look cool. They make great toys. But the practicality behind them seems rough.
Yeah, most Star Wars armour might work for something very specialized or actually just sucks. Looks cool though!
Spoiler Spoiler:
Given the quality of the show and what working for Disney is like, that's not surprising.
Spoiler Spoiler:

*Who brings A BABY on a commando raid/scouting mish? WHO I ASK YOU
Everyone in Star Wars ever.

Well...
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Because united Mandalorians are bad news, multiple characters have said this throughout the season. They're almost always wrapped up in some kind of civil war so having them united means they are at full strength.
All the more reason for Thrawn to show up with an ISD or 2 to squash the Mandos little fleet.
The squadron of bombers and interceptors that Giddy has, doesn't seem big enough.
I'm assuming Thrawn is waiting to reveal himself to the galaxy as once he does, the New Republic might actually try to do something about the Imperial Remnant. So apart from a brief cameo we might get, I suppose his full "reveal" won't be until Ahsoka.

It's official: this show sucks.

I see my decision to skip last week's episode was a good one, since the entire Jables/Lizzo farce had exactly zero to do with the story. Just mindless filler.

It seems the entire season so far was mindless filler to get us to this point. So here we are, the big show, finally...and it was so dumb. The writing is so, so bad. Was it always this bad? Am I just mis-remembering season one and two? Looking at the past with rose-colored glasses? No...was it??

Otomofan (and perhaps a-dev) to Mandalorian

Ok Wor-Gar and a-dev have posted their review:

View attachment 633386

Starting to feel like just closing myself off to new Star Wars and wrapping myself in sheer unadulterated hardcore OT purism. :lol

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood lately.

No reason for Pascal to leave. He only does the voice now. Stunt doubles do all the acting. He can sit by his pool and record his lines over his phone once a year and collect the residuals.
to be fair, his lines seemed phoned in anyway, no real passion at all, so monotone and bored. I assume the rumours of him being unhappy with the role and wanting to leave are true

to be fair, his lines seemed phoned in anyway, no real passion at all, so monotone and bored. I assume the rumours of him being unhappy with the role and wanting to leave are true
That's just the character, it's how he's always been. He's not a talkative or social guy. He says what needs to be said and that's that.

Back