The Legend Of Zelda The Skyward Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you for Finishing up all those games. I put skyrim on hold until I beat Zelda. This is probably my favourite game ever so far. I played it for 30 hours over the weekend and still don't think I'm halfway through.

Getting the game and gold Wii remote have made me decide to mod my Wii and make it Zelda themed. I saw this really sweet looking mod that had the Master Replicas mini sword and shield attached to the side. I have the same set so I'm gonna paint my Wii's shell gold and attach the sword and shield to the side of mine as well.

I'm also going to disassemble and paint the shell of one of my nunchucks as well to match the controller.

Picked up the game today. Figured might as well take advantage of best buys $10 gift card offer. Now I just have to wait to play it!

Getting the game and gold Wii remote have made me decide to mod my Wii and make it Zelda themed. I saw this really sweet looking mod that had the Master Replicas mini sword and shield attached to the side. I have the same set so I'm gonna paint my Wii's shell gold and attach the sword and shield to the side of mine as well.

I'm also going to disassemble and paint the shell of one of my nunchucks as well to match the controller.

i would love to see and hear more details about where i can see this, sounds awesome.

Well I'm glad I decided to pick up the Zelda controller bundle Sunday morning! I'm assuming they are pretty much sold out everywhere considering the ebay prices on it.

Well I'm glad I decided to pick up the Zelda controller bundle Sunday morning! I'm assuming they are pretty much sold out everywhere considering the ebay prices on it.

They had several at a local GameStop. I passed. I don't need a gold controller.

Well, despite the fact that I'm probably the biggest Zelda fanatic you'd ever meet (seriously, it's the first video game I ever played and owns more fond childhood memories than any other property), it's taken me a while to get into this one. Zelda games always have slow starts, but this one even more so than usual. The first few areas, specifically up to, including and directly after the first dungeon, really didn't do anything for me. I didn't quite know what to think.

I just finished the third dungeon today, the story's opening up, and things are really starting to gel, and I have to say this is becoming one of my favorites in the series. There's a lot that's different about it, but in a good way. The upgrade system, motion controls, the fact that I'm actually spending Rupees, etc. etc. are really cool. It's not just the same old formula, which was a bit jarring at first but I'm really getting into it.

I do wish Kondo, Miyamoto and Aonuma would stop being apparently embarrassed to use the traditional Zelda overworld theme, but other than that my gripes are almost nil.

This is a fantastic, brilliant ____ing game.

I fired up my copy for a bit. I know it goes without saying but damn. I'm over wii graphics. Some of the shots are border line n64

i would love to see and hear more details about where i can see this, sounds awesome.

This is my inspiration and not my mod:

img_0004.jpg

I painted the shell of mine last night and it's sitting out to dry. I may apply another coat of paint to make sure it is all covered up and then I'll work on affixing the sword and shield to the side of mine. It will be simple and not as elaborate as the mod above but it'll go nicely with the controller I got with the game.

That looks awesome, very sweet, if i thought i could do that without destroying my wii i would go for it.(not very handy)

Well, despite the fact that I'm probably the biggest Zelda fanatic you'd ever meet (seriously, it's the first video game I ever played and owns more fond childhood memories than any other property), it's taken me a while to get into this one.

I think Robin Williams has you beat. He took it to a whole different level when he named his daughter Zelda.

Think I'm near the end of this game now. It's been excellent, best 3D zelda so far? Possibly.

It's not finished but here is the progress on my Wii so far. I wanted the buttons to stay white to match the controller. I'm gonna stencil and paint the Triforce symbol that is on the controller on one side of the Wii and I'm still planning to mount my mini sword and shield on the side if I can find a good and sturdy way to do it. Still need to paint a nunchuck.

1c8d8692.jpg

The front looks messed up but it's just because of the light reflecting off the gold.

Have any of you seen the bundle still being offered anywhere (other than ebay)? Looks like I missed out now that I'm able to purchase it.

My wife picked this up last night at Target and is fighting the first boss (Lord Ghirahim) right now...anyone else feel like this is an overtly gay character? Our six year old loves watching her play Zelda games and we usually let him play, but how do we explain that the boss is a shim flicking its tongue? :dunno

Last edited:
My wife picked this up last night at Target and is fighting the first boss (Lord Ghirahim) right now...anyone else feel like this is an overtly gay character? Our six year old loves watching her play Zelda games and we usually let him play, but how do we explain that the boss is a shim flicking its tongue? :dunno

First impression...yeah he's a little...awkward. On a whole though, a great villain.

He's eccentric, indulgent, insane, sadistic and evil. A great contrast to Link and Zelda. Just gotta crack through the "overtly gay" shell.

As for explaining to your six year old...If you feel it's inappropriate for him, don't let him watch the Ghirahim scenes :dunno

Back