The Legend Of Zelda The Skyward Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait for this game! I had to restrain my self from buying Skyrim so I could afford this game, but I'm sure it will be so worth it! I just hope this game can give me the same feeling I got when I played Ocarina of Time back in the day. Though im still scared of the water temple haha

I've tried over the years to get into Zelda games and just can't for whaever reason. People love the series and it always gets a lot of hype when they launch, so I wish I liked them. Oh well.I don't have a Wii anyways. I hear that it's motion control only this time? Lame.

I've tried over the years to get into Zelda games and just can't for whaever reason. People love the series and it always gets a lot of hype when they launch, so I wish I liked them. Oh well.I don't have a Wii anyways. I hear that it's motion control only this time? Lame.
I hear it's the best use of motion control so far, and it blends seamlessly with the game instead of being a last-minute gimmick. And really the motion controls are swinging a sword. It's not exactly going to destroy the gameplay, because you still have the analogue stick to move around with.

I can't stand people dismissing stuff without actually trying it. Especially using just plain annoying words like 'lame'.

I've played enough motion control games to know that I dont want to play them again. If you like motion control, then fine, but I believe they should make it optional like they did with Twilight Princess. Zelda is more than swinging a sword and motion control will never be as precise as using a standard control layout. So yes, the lack of the option is indeed lame to me. Just my 2 cents.

I've played enough motion control games to know that I dont want to play them again. If you like motion control, then fine, but I believe they should make it optional like they did with Twilight Princess. Zelda is more than swinging a sword and motion control will never be as precise as using a standard control layout. So yes, the lack of the option is indeed lame to me. Just my 2 cents.

I think it should have been an option as well, even with it being improved its not always something i enjoy... regardless i had to get zelda :wink1:

Not sure how you managed to reach the conclusion that motion controls are less precise than standard controls, when decent motion controls essentially have an infinite number of possible positions, whilst an analogue stick doesn't. Besides, the TP the motion controls really boiled down to an imprecise movement which basically equalled pressing 'A' on standard controls, meaning there was hardly any difference in that game. It basically adds a button to the controller.

I hate motion controls, except when they're used well or are a sidenote that basically just adds a button (like Mario Galaxy or TP). Skyward Sword is said to be the first decent use of motion controls, so dismissing it as 'lame' (and refusing to even try them, especially when the game in question is no doubt going to make multiple Game of the Year lists) is completely stupid. Motion controls can be decent when they aren't the core of the gameplay and aren't a gimmick, and Skyward Sword is basically that.

I'm just happy that the Wii has the first game worth playing in pretty much a year.

Just giving my opinion. You don't have to like it.

You don't like that Im judging a game before playing it, but youre doing the same thing. You're convinced it's going to be good and I'm convinced it's not. What's the difference?

I say play the game and (hopefully) enjoy it and don't worry about what I think.

Well this review has pissed me off. G4 are re-nound for hating Nintendo. I will be getting the game regardless of review scores because Zelda is my favourite game series of all time but this review hit a nerve. They mark it down for re-cycling content and not bringing enough fresh ideas to the table, yet surprise surprise COD MW3 gets a 5/5. This is why I hate COD. It has used the same engine for years and each game is basically a map pack for multi-player, yet the game sites give it perfect scores. No consistency in reviews at all. Any way rant over. Didn't want to post it in the MW3 thread because I would be branded a troll and upset the fanboys in there.

Here is the review if anyone is interested,

https://www.g4tv.com/games/wii/63180/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/review/

Well this review has pissed me off. G4 are re-nound for hating Nintendo. I will be getting the game regardless of review scores because Zelda is my favourite game series of all time but this review hit a nerve. They mark it down for re-cycling content and not bringing enough fresh ideas to the table, yet surprise surprise COD MW3 gets a 5/5. This is why I hate COD. It has used the same engine for years and each game is basically a map pack for multi-player, yet the game sites give it perfect scores. No consistency in reviews at all. Any way rant over. Didn't want to post it in the MW3 thread because I would be branded a troll and upset the fanboys in there.

Here is the review if anyone is interested,

https://www.g4tv.com/games/wii/63180/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/review/

Two things:

1) 4/5 isn't a bad score, and

2) Who the eff even listens to G4?

Two things:

1) 4/5 isn't a bad score, and

2) Who the eff even listens to G4?

Its not a bad score but this being the same level as Sonic Generations? I think not.

I've always hated G4 and they are blatantly in the pockets of certain developers but still......

Just giving my opinion. You don't have to like it.

You don't like that Im judging a game before playing it, but youre doing the same thing. You're convinced it's going to be good and I'm convinced it's not. What's the difference?

I say play the game and (hopefully) enjoy it and don't worry about what I think.
Well no, I'm not convinced it's going to be good - I'm just expecting that it will be, given what people have said so far. What you're doing is instantly dismissing it as bad, without giving it a chance.

You're welcome to your opinions, of course, all I ask is that you add a bit of logical thought and open-mindedness, and then not get all defensive when people discuss your opinions on a discussion forum.

Well no, I'm not convinced it's going to be good - I'm just expecting that it will be, given what people have said so far. What you're doing is instantly dismissing it as bad, without giving it a chance.

You're welcome to your opinions, of course, all I ask is that you add a bit of logical thought and open-mindedness, and then not get all defensive when people discuss your opinions on a discussion forum.

Never said or intended to say the game was bad. I said the motion control set up was a deal breaker for me based on my experience with other games. This may be the greatest motion control game of all time, but I hate motion control and won't bother with it. Had they made it optional, I may have tried it, but as I stated earlier hard as i tried, I'm not a fan of the series anyway. It's a no win for me. I hope you love it though.

Been playing this today. Takes a while to get going. The controls are fantastic and the combat is a joy. The game looks awful on my 46 inch LED TV.

^ you should get component wires for the wii or hdmi adapter converter.

doesnt make it look like HD but it upscales to 480p rather than 480i... should improve picture quality.

Already playing it that way. It's so jaggy. All wii games look horrendous. Nice colours though.

sigh, forgot about the jaggies with the wii games... gonna have to play this on my smaller bedroom tv i imagine. Still bothers me that the wii's graphics are so poor...(please dont turn this into a gameplay is greater then graphics argument that wasnt my intention lol)

Even Captain America started with Zelda. Yay!!!
:lol:lol

Can't wait for Skyward Sword!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH713O724jc[/ame]

Yea so I've done the first temple and so far it's awesome. You can tell that on an old tv it would look really nice. Time flies when you're playing zelda!

Since all of you don't like the graphics, I wonder if the WW Cell Shading would have been a better fit for the weaker graphics

Back